Iowa Representative leaves Republican Party

Vilepagan

Iowa Representative leaves Republican Party

Post by Vilepagan » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:42 am

A long-serving member of the Iowa Legislature switched parties yesterday, due to trump's actions. I guess there are some Republicans with morals.

Washington (CNN)The Iowa Legislature's longest-serving Republican announced Tuesday that because of President Donald Trump, he will be joining the Democratic Party, calling Trump "a poor example for the nation and particularly for our children."

State Rep. Andy McKean, who has served in both Iowa's Senate and House chambers, identified with the Republican Party for 35 years before Tuesday's announcement and is the longest-serving Republican in the state's Legislature today, according to the Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee.
"With the 2020 president election looming on the horizon, I feel as a Republican that I need to be able to support the standard bearer of our party. Unfortunately, that is not something I am able to do," McKean said at a news conference.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/23/politics ... index.html
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Tommy Tar

Re: Iowa Representative leaves Republican Party

Post by Tommy Tar » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:11 am

Huge victory. Congratulations.

*********Sarcasm********* :D
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Red

Post by Red » Wed May 01, 2019 3:21 pm

As opposed to the rot of your party. You really are quite tacky. Indictments are coming. Your queen is going down.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed May 01, 2019 3:39 pm

Huh?? :eh?:
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Wed May 01, 2019 4:10 pm

Red wrote: Indictments are coming.
Yeah yeah, Red...you've been spouting this nonsense for ages...don't you ever tire of it?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Red

Post by Red » Sat May 04, 2019 7:28 am

Have patience vile. Barr is going to finally deliver justice to the scum you support. You may to pick that toilet paper, the new York slimes. FBI sent a spy into the Trump campaign. Be proud! Be very proud! BTW, how about the economy!
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Sat May 04, 2019 8:17 am

Red wrote:Have patience vile.
You've been saying that since Benghazi...I have all the patience in the world, Red.
Barr is going to finally deliver justice to the scum you support.
Mueller is scum? Who knew.
You may to pick that toilet paper, the new York slimes.
Seriously Red, learn how to write.
FBI sent a spy into the Trump campaign. Be proud! Be very proud!
No, the FBI sent a confidential informant into the trump campaign. It's a tactic often used by the FBI when dealing with criminals. I am proud of the FBI, but you're proud of the criminals. Go figure.
BTW, how about the economy!
I think the economy is ok. How did you like abandoning your long-held views on fiscal conservatism? Didn't know you had? Not surprising, but your party certainly has. Congratulations on supporting a party that has no values worth holding beyond electoral victory. What is it you stand for again?