Changing Democracy

Luca

Re: Changing Democracy

Post by Luca » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:14 pm

Fordama wrote:Good lord, I pretty much stopped reading after this. If all you have is parsing, you have nothing.

No intelligent human would not understand the simple phrase I used in contrast to your statement "slavery has nothing to do with" the Electoral College.
I was wondering how you were going to wiggle out of documenting your position this time. I thought for sure you'd use your typical "Not my responsibility, look it up yourself, it's in in the history books" evasion. But, of course, it is getting a bit worn.

But trying to sound so offended that you cannot bring yourself to actually prove your stance....... that's a new technique for you. Kinda snowflakey, y'know, but original in a way.

I've always wondered why you have such pontifical opinions but conversely an aversion to giving any evidence for them. You're an algebra teacher and I think you have kind of been ingrained with the idea that your conclusions, like mathematical ones, are intuitive and a priori obvious and hence do not need to be demonstrated. My background is science and we have to prove our conclusions with what is called "evidence."

I take solace in the Ninth Beatitude: "Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed."..................................Luca
Last edited by John Q. Public on Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal info removed

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:43 pm

You claimed slavery had nothing to do with creation of the Electoral College. No one is saying it was the ONLY reason. But believing it had NOTHING to do with it is also incorrect........Wabash
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:28 pm

And the illegal alien states created the census.

Note to Luca - I recommend drywall. You don't get as bloody and plaster tends to chip. ](*,)
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:54 am

Luca wrote:I was wondering how you were going to wiggle out of documenting your position this time. I thought for sure you'd use your typical "Not my responsibility, look it up yourself, it's in in the history books" evasion. But, of course, it is getting a bit worn.a
Back to your willfully ignorant mode.

Not my fault that you said slavery had nothing to do with the Electoral College. You knew better.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:55 am

Wabash wrote:You claimed slavery had nothing to do with creation of the Electoral College. No one is saying it was the ONLY reason. But believing it had NOTHING to do with it is also incorrect........Wabash
Which he knows.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:59 pm

He may at one time. I doubt that is true now.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.