Jeffrey Epstein

Vilepagan

Re: Jeffrey Epstein

Postby Vilepagan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:41 pm

Just more crazy crap from the orange idiot. #-o

There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:41 pm

John Q. Public wrote:Because it's perfectly normal for the President* of the United States to tweet conspiracy theories accusing one of his predecessors of murder.

Trump supporters believe the wildest conspiracies about the opposition. Yet deny anything about their own.

Russian interference - hoax.
Climate change - hoax.
White Supremacy - hoax.

Hillary Clinton running a sex ring out of a pizza parlor- TRUTH!!
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:29 am

Good twist on this.

Don't look at me, I just work here.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:30 am

Of all the stupid headlines I saw about Epstein's suicide this one takes the prize:

Jeffrey Epstein's suicide makes no sense

Accused pedophile Jeffrey Epstein’s death this morning — reportedly a suicide, according to federal officials — is an inexplicable end to a bizarre, tragic case that only got more disturbing the more we learned about it.

The fact that one of the country’s highest-profile federal prisoners could even commit suicide defies all logic and belief.

His death raises doubts about officials’ actions. The FBI says it will investigate; Attorney General William Barr says he is “appalled” by what happened; members of Congress such as Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) are demanding answers. Indeed we all need answers, before we lose all faith in our justice system.

But the most basic question, in my mind, is why Epstein was in solitary confinement in the first place — something so totally inappropriate for a prisoner already at risk of suicide.

https://thehill.com/opinion/criminal-ju ... s-no-sense

The author, who makes it very evident he's no penal expert, expresses shock that Epstein would commit suicide and surprise that an alleged pedophile would be segregated from other prisoners and put in solitary confinement.

To my mind there's nothing at all surprising about Epstein's suicide. The man knew that his life as he knew it was over, he was facing spending the rest of his life in prison after having his name dragged publicly through the mud. He had no reason to go on. Unfortunately we're going to be treated to all sorts of stupid speculation by people who want to believe in something sinister.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:53 am

Buuuuuut, there's something either suspicious or supremely incompetent about his being taken off suicide watch. And those people do that sort of thing for a living, so incompetence looks like the weaker argument. Hey, maybe it was the weekend psychologist crew but you have to expect the whole range of suspicions on it. But not from the Conspiracy Monger in Chief.

I'm surprised The Hill said "such as AOC" but left out Ben Sasse, who wrote a scathing letter to Barr. Balance.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:24 am

Doesn't Barr oversee this aspect of criminal incarceration?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:09 pm

What's not so mysterious is that the facility was understaffed, and the staff was overworked.

That might not be so sexy as a Trump or Clinton conspiracy theory, but it's a far more likely real-world situation.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Al Koholik

Postby Al Koholik » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:15 am

The idiots will never buy it... because... they’re idiots.

Tommy Tar

Postby Tommy Tar » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:51 am

Well we know the democrats will get his vote in 2020. :D
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Postby crayegg » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:25 am

Who? WTF are you talking about, Tommy? Democrats???

Tommy Tar

Postby Tommy Tar » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:16 pm

Where is Ghislaine Maxwell? Is she still alive? :eh?:

I just don't believe that the FBI is just getting to Epstein's Island.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unexplained link removed
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

RPW

Postby RPW » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:45 pm

How do the Clinton's have enough power to have a kill list but not enough power to get her elected?
I am The Voice of Reason

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:16 pm

I'd explain it to you but you'd have to be crazy to understand.

Tommy Tar

Postby Tommy Tar » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:44 am

The New York Times reported Sunday that lawyers Jeffrey Schantz and Darren Indyke recently hired criminal defense attorneys to represent them. According to the Times, the pair were “involved with some of his trusts and other entities in New York and in the Virgin Islands.” Court documents show Epstein’s vast fortune is valued at least $559 million.
=snip=

Hired criminal defense attorneys to represent them. Criminal. Just hours after or before Epstein was found dead :eh?:

broman

Postby broman » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:08 am

President Donald Trump on Tuesday defended his decision to share a tweet suggesting Bill and Hillary Clinton were involved in financier Jeffrey Epstein’s suicide, and stoked speculation about the former president’s relationship with the deceased convicted sex offender.

“The retweet — which is what it was, just a retweet — was from somebody that’s a very respected conservative pundit, so I think that was fine,” Trump told reporters, referring to a conspiratorial message by comedian and commentator Terrence K. Williams he re-posted Saturday.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/ ... ry-1460646

Did you say very well respected?..... I guess that makes the statement true... :eh?:

broman

Postby broman » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:32 am

Trump just spread another lie....

Bill Clinton went on 27 or 28 flights with Epstein and not the four he claimed.
Shout out to the Washington Examiner by lying in their own article.....

A statement released on July 8 by former President Bill Clinton's press secretary, Angel Ureña, claimed that “in 2002 and 2003, President Clinton took a total of four trips on Jeffrey Epstein's airplane: One to Europe, one to Asia, and two to Africa,” but a Washington Examiner review of the flight manifest records shows that Clinton actually went on at least 27 flights on Epstein’s “Lolita Express” during at least six trips, not four.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... ne-in-1997

I have never heard anybody distinguish the number of flights and the number of trips. The numbers reference the same events but 27 sounds so much worse than four. Trump didn't make the distinction, which was exactly the point of the article.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Postby crayegg » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:11 am

broman wrote:Source of the post Trump just spread another lie....

What? Lied you say? I'm absolutely SHOCKED!

Tommy Tar

Postby Tommy Tar » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:50 am

Both statements could be true.

1. "In 2002 and 2003, President Clinton took a total of four trips on Jeffrey Epstein's airplane". President Clinton's press secretary is only talking about those two years. The flight log shows others years.

2. Epstein's plane is a old 727. If that plane is flying from New York to Asia it needs to make 3 or more stops to refuel. Each stop is seen as a flight in the log.

* New York to SFO. People get off the jet and new people get on. Refuel and leave.
* SFO to Hawaii. People get off the jet and new people get on. Refuel and leave.
* Hawaii to Singapore. People get off the jet and new people get on. Refuel and leave.
* Singapore to Hawaii. People get off the jet and new people get on. Refuel and leave.
* Hawaii to LAX. People get off the jet and new people get on. Refuel and leave.
* LAX to New York. People get off the jet.

So we have 6 flights and 1 trip to Asia and back. Both sides are playing Lawyer talk.

"It depends on what your definition of is is" #-o

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:17 am

Clinton IS NOT THE ISSUE!! If he's guilty of something then charge him.

Bringing him up is an idiotic distraction.

broman

Postby broman » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:38 am

Tommy Tar wrote:Source of the post So we have 6 flights and 1 trip to Asia and back. Both sides are playing Lawyer talk.

Not both sides... Here is the direct quote from Trump.

“I know he was on his plane 27 times, and he said he was on the plane four times,” Trump said. “But when they checked the plane logs, Bill Clinton — who was a very good friend of Epstein — he was on the plane about 27 or 28 times. So why did he say four times?”
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/ ... ry-1460646

Tommy Tar wrote:Source of the post Both statements could be true.

Not if the purpose of switching from the number of trips and the number of flights is to create a Clinton lie out of whole cloth...

Return to “National”