How are they going to win swing states?

Tommy Tar

How are they going to win swing states?

Post by Tommy Tar » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:29 am

The democrats need to win states. More votes from Calif, NY and Ill will not give them the WH. The democrats are flying to the left to win their primary and at the same time the rust belt has jobs again. So tell me how are the democrats going to win Ohio, NC, WS, Fl, GA and Penn?
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: How are they going to win swing states?

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:41 am

Good question. I think only Warren and Buttigieg have been talking to them. But depending on the outcome of the Obamacare suit, all bets could be off. Probably an awful lot of voters in those states who get Medicaid because of it.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:34 am

Tommy Tar wrote: The democrats need to win states.
So does trump.
The democrats are flying to the left to win their primary and at the same time the rust belt has jobs again.
Really? Are you suggesting the rust belt has jobs again because of trump? What are you talking about?
So tell me how are the democrats going to win Ohio, NC, WS, Fl, GA and Penn?
Well, there's polls that suggest voters in OH, WI, and PA aren't exactly happy with trump this time around. No idea about FL, GA or NC.

Of course there's over a year to go so I have confidence trump will convince more voters to vote for a Democrat before polling day.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:36 am

John Q. Public wrote: But depending on the outcome of the Obamacare suit, all bets could be off.
Not to mention the mass deportations trump has promised will start this weekend...I think that might be rather unhelpful to his reelection bid.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:17 pm

Buttigieg....
Poll numbers with blacks is 0%. Blacks will not vote for a homosexual.
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:45 pm

Probably not in any large numbers. Probably the same with Hispanics.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:52 pm

Vilepagan wrote:Not to mention the mass deportations trump has promised will start this weekend...I think that might be rather unhelpful to his reelection bid.
You forget anger, resentment, fear and "they're (or 'there') criminals who violated our sovereignty." Mass deportations are a plus to that crowd.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:53 pm

Tommy Tar wrote: Buttigieg....
Poll numbers with blacks is 0%. Blacks will not vote for a homosexual.
Yeah, that's a problem alright. If I were Buttigieg, I'd try to get on Oprah. :D

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:56 pm

John Q. Public wrote: Mass deportations are a plus to that crowd.
I get that, but I'm counting on our federal Government to totally screw up the deportations in a big way, and I don't think they'll make anyone happy.

broman

Post by broman » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:02 pm

Tommy Tar wrote:The democrats need to win states. More votes from Calif, NY and Ill will not give them the WH. The democrats are flying to the left to win their primary and at the same time the rust belt has jobs again. So tell me how are the democrats going to win Ohio, NC, WS, Fl, GA and Penn?
I question the idea that a true Centrist/Moderate would only react to movement from the left and not the right.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:39 pm

It's a matter of flipping three counties--one county in Wisconsin, one in Ohio, and one in Pennsylvania.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK