[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
If you dislike Trump but am not warm toward Harris - Orange County Forums

If you dislike Trump but am not warm toward Harris

Hanna

If you dislike Trump but am not warm toward Harris

Postby Hanna » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:56 am

May I suggest you should at least send donations to Klobuchar and to Bullock? Jut to keep them in the race?

Both are moderate, both are from the middle of the country, neither offers "freebies" with no idea how to pay for them and both won in Trump country.

Certainly preferable to the "guru" Williamson who, while arrows were flying was changing "all we need is love."

https://stevebullock.com

https://amyklobuchar.com/

Red

Re: If you dislike Trump but am not warm toward Harris

Postby Red » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:25 pm

I would love to see either of them run against Trump. Both would get their asses handed to them
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:06 am

It'll never happen but a Klobuchar-Trump debate would be fun. She's a character.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:44 pm

This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Hanna

Postby Hanna » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:34 pm

So will you please give each $5.00 just to add "unique donors?"

(And then you will have to unsubscribe when you get one or two emails a day..)

Hanna

Postby Hanna » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:40 pm

I don't trust Harris. She keeps changing her position, depending on the wind direction. And she supported Civil forfeiture. Still am having hard time understanding how a child of two university professors in Berkeley had to be bused..

I don't think that the country is ready for a gay president. He polls close to zero among African Americans and I remember many of them voted down on the gay marriage proposition. Spending too much time in churches, I suppose..

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:21 am

When Harris' parents moved to Berkeley, there was still racial segregation in housing.

It started with redlining in the 1940's and continued until the Fair Housing Act in 1968

https://www.berkeleyside.com/2018/09/20 ... ghborhoods
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Hanna

Postby Hanna » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:28 pm

Kamala Harris Is Now the Candidate to Beat - WSJ op-ed

By Gerard Baker Editor at Large

(snip)

It’s an especially curious state because I suspect that, if we weren’t all talking about the squad right now, we would be talking incessantly about Kamala Harris. There’s not much doubt that the California senator has suddenly become the sensation of the primary season so far. In the space of a month she has traveled from the crowded middle of the distant second tier of candidates to, arguably perhaps, the front of the front. It’s difficult to recall such a sudden shift of fortunes in a primary contest absent an actual primary or caucus vote.

The polling speaks for itself. In the Real Clear Politics polling average, her score has almost doubled from around 7% before the first Democratic debate to just under 13%. But that national poll picture doesn’t fully capture the momentum she has established in the early primary states of Iowa and New Hampshire. It must be noted that she still trails Joe Biden in all the polls. But it’s not easy to find a thoughtful Democrat outside the Biden camp who sees an easy way for the former vice president to pull out of his free fall since his widely panned performance in the first debate.

(snip)

Nicolas Checa, a pollster and political consultant and managing director of McLarty Associates, says the Democratic race is evolving into a contest between advocates for remedies to what he calls the two inequalities. The first concerns gender, race and sexual identity. The second is economic. Ms. Harris has jumped ahead in the fight to win the first contest. That’s why her take-down of Mr. Biden at the first Democratic debate on the race issue was so effective. On the issue of economic inequality, Sen. Elizabeth Warren is forging steadily ahead of Sen. Bernie Sanders.

(snip)

What could stop her? So far she hasn’t yet made much headway with black voters, who for the time being are mostly remaining loyal to Mr. Biden; he wins support by reminding everyone he served alongside President Barack Obama for eight years. But if Mr. Biden does fade, Ms. Harris may win over that support... One experienced Democratic figure who’s signed on to the Harris campaign says the bigger risk to her prospects may be a temptation to push herself out to the left—especially if she’s in a final battle with Ms. Warren.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/kamala-har ... 1563556667 (paid subscription)

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:52 pm

Red sounds like all those liberals who thought there was no way Clinton could lose.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:53 am

I'm betting he doesn't do any debates. Just rallies with his base.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Return to “National”