Whistle blower vs Privilege

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Whistle blower vs Privilege

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:40 pm

I checked Twitter tonight to find Donald retweeting Reps Kevin McCarthy, Dan Crenshaw, Steve Scalise, Andy Briggs, Gym Jordan, Doug LaMalfa and Ann Wagner, as well as Fox contributor Sara Carter, Lou Dobbs, and some bot called DJ Trump's Butt (seriously), all repeating their two-week-old WWE-style meaningless talking points.

Steve Scalise's list but it's best read in Randy Savage's voice:
- Fake collusion evidence claims
- Fabricated call transcript
- Secret dealings w/ the whistleblower
- All done in secret
- Led by proven-liar Adam Schiff
- No authorization from the House
- Full of misleading leaks from Dems
- Members of Congress denied access

I have to give then credit for being good boys and girls and ignoring their personal pride but I have to wonder who they think is listening. Even members of the choir are starting to bail on them. I don't know which argument baffles me the most - the now-irrelevant whistleblower parts, the insistence that they should get to vote (before they actually do get to vote) or the part about how they think they should all get to be on committees they aren't on.

I mean, if you have a good argument, make it. But those aren't good arguments. They're just... silly.

And don't get me started on the Tulsi Gabbard nonsense. But hey. Good troll, Hillary. Righty's beside himself over it. :thumbsup:
Don't look at me, I just work here.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:03 am

We're certainly living in "interesting times."

All I can do is shake my head (and vote).

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:00 am

Still waiting. :eh?:
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:37 am

For...?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:17 am

• Because that's how whistleblowing works.
  • Because that's how impeachment inquiries work. Kinda like your closed-door BENGHAZI! hearings were. And it's "run."
  • They aren't. And see the previous point.
I'd swear Vince McMahon is running the Republican Party these days.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:55 am

Something else being lost in the Nunes/Jordan/Meadows ****show - there are 46 Republicans taking part in the "secret" hearings that they're claiming Republicans are locked out of. SMDH

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:04 pm

If all the charges are fake. And the president is not guilty of anything.

Why do this?

Unless they are playing to their base.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:55 pm

All these crybaby Repubs whining that "Dems are trying to change the results of the 2016 election" seem to be trying to change the results of the 2018 election...sorry you lost the House guys, GET OVER IT
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:22 pm

More about the mob (to borrow a term from our Snowflake friends) that stormed the SCIF today:

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:12 pm

So, if the (bipartisan) committees get to the step where they send articles of impeachment to the full House - or if they decide not to - are the whiners going to claim that their "pressure campaign" worked? Or what will they whine about then? Just wondering.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:10 pm

I doubt they have a clue. Dollars to donuts none of them has thought that far ahead.

Their multipurpose response is always the table though - When in doubt, smear the messenger.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:47 pm

WASHINGTON — A federal judge handed a victory to House Democrats on Friday when she ruled that they are legally engaged in an impeachment inquiry, a decision that undercut President Trump’s arguments that the investigation is a sham.

The declaration came in a 75-page opinion by Chief Judge Beryl A. Howell of the Federal District Court in Washington. She ruled that the House Judiciary Committee is entitled to view secret grand jury evidence gathered by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III.

“The White House’s stated policy of noncooperation with the impeachment inquiry weighs heavily in favor of disclosure,” Judge Howell wrote. "Congress’s need to access grand jury material relevant to potential impeachable conduct by a president is heightened when the executive branch willfully obstructs channels for accessing other relevant evidence.”

:rockon:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAJmOAl
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:17 pm

Today in that liberal rag The Wall Street Journal:

Sondland Told House Panels Trump's Ukraine Pressure Was Quid Pro Quo

Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, told House committees that he believed Ukraine agreeing to open investigations into Burisma Group—a gas company where Democrat Joe Biden’s son once served on the board—and into alleged 2016 election interference was a condition for a White House meeting between Mr. Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, Mr. Sondland’s lawyer Robert Luskin said.

Asked by a lawmaker whether that arrangement was a quid pro quo, Mr. Sondland cautioned that he wasn’t a lawyer but said he believed the answer was yes, Mr. Luskin said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAJpoxS

I guess we can add the WSJ to that Trump list of newspapers non-grata...
George Will

Donald Trump

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:15 am

There's supposed to be a "major statement" from the WH this morning. My guess is that trump is going to announce the death of an ISIS leader by the name of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi...I know no one's ever heard of him, but look to trump to make as big a deal out of this as he can. He's desperate for a distraction. My guess is he'll pat himself on the back pretty hard while complaining about how the media is ignoring him.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:15 am

Word is he blew himself up (Baghdadi, not Trump). Who's got next?
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:42 am

Russia is claiming credit. Should be fun to watch how Trump spins that.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:14 am

Just a reminder on how Trump viewed the operation that got Bin Laden.
Attachments
SmartSelect_20191027-072743_Firefox.jpg

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:42 am

Russia says they weren't told about it, Donald says the leader of ISIS was bigger than the leader of the group that killed 3,000 Americans, Don says he watched al Baghdadi crying like a baby and dying like a dog as it happened but people who track such things say he was actually... (where else?) golfing, and the time stamp on the picture from the situation room says it was taken an hour and a half after the event. Couldn't someone have moved that ethernet cable that isn't connected to anything in that time? And Donald added that the Special Forces team traveled an hour and twenty minutes to get to the location. Which... could tell people who'd want to know such things where they came from.

It's great that Baghdadi's gone but c'mon, Don.

Oh. And thank you Russia. Er, I mean thank you intelligence community, Kurds and US Special Forces.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:46 am

His clueless followers don't care about details like that.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:08 am

The yellow cable on the right also isn't connected to anything. But boy, they sure look stern, don't they?
situation room.jpg