Whistle blower vs Privilege

ShiftyMutt

Re: Whistle blower vs Privilege

Post by ShiftyMutt » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:51 pm

I normally hate memes..... except this one..
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 7.45.50 PM.png

broman

Post by broman » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:08 pm

.....but you released the transcripts that confirmed what the whistle-blower said about your conversation.
...... that means somebody else in your inner circle told the whistle- blower..

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:07 pm

Another day, another easily refuted inane lie that his sycophants will eagerly lap up...

There's nothing at all in U.S. law about people accused of wrongdoing getting to "meet" their accusers, let alone publicly defame them or threaten to have them executed. Imagine a mob boss having the right to "meet" a police informant, or an accused child molester his victim...

In other news, it was yet another sad day for our country. On all the talk shows Trump surrogates (Guiliani, Lindsay Graham, Stephan Miller, Jim Jordan, et al.) ignored questions about the president's behavior and simply spewed rapid-fire lies and deflections about Biden, his son, the Whistleblower, Crowdstrike, Viktor Shokin, Area 51 (okay, I made that last one up)

Round-the-Bend Rudy flailed about in his usual manically demented way and Jordan had his numerous lies deftly called out in real time by Jake Tapper, but Miller looked particularly pathetic when Fox's Chris Wallace took him apart piece by piece as he railed about the whistleblower's "condescension, righteous indignation and contempt" with condescending, righteously indignant contempt. In the end, the only thing we really learned from his "performance" is that he's apparently a big Nancy Drew fan...who knew?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:12 pm

And it's only going to get crazier.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:14 pm

but you released the transcripts that confirmed what the whistle-blower said about your conversation...that means somebody else in your inner circle told the whistle- blower..

Never fear, The Imperial Orangutan has that one covered too:

"In addition," he added, "I want to meet not only my accuser, who presented SECOND & THIRD HAND INFORMATION, but also the person who illegally gave this information, which was largely incorrect, to the 'Whistleblower.' Was this person SPYING on the U.S. President? Big Consequences!"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAI1Qgy

"SPYING" (in all caps in case anyone might miss it) and "Big Consequences!"?? I can picture the single wheel in his mind wobbling as he imagines presiding over a double hanging during the Super Bowl halftime show...

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:32 am

Now the question is who is the next person to get the ax. We know Trump will blame someone. We know Trump never blames Trump. My money is on Mick Mulvaney. Mulvaney's still technically "acting," and a potential replacement would not require Senate approval, axing him is a simple matter. So, don't be too surprised if "Mick the Knife" decides he wants to spend more time with his family in the near future.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:36 pm

More bad news for the country. It's only Monday and now along with the President's personal lawyer, the Secretary of State has been implicated in the secret Ukraine extortion scheme: From that liberal fake-news rag The Wall Street Journal:

"Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was among administration officials who listened in on the July 25 phone call between President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, a senior State Department official said Monday, a disclosure that ties the State Department more closely to the House impeachment inquiry."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAI4zVT

Also, it was revealed that the Secretary of State has been feverishly pumping world leaders (pardon the visual) for dirt on the US intelligence community:

"The Justice Department confirmed on Monday that Attorney General William Barr had asked President Donald Trump for introductions to foreign officials as part of a probe into intelligence gathering surrounding the 2016 presidential election that eventually led to the Russia investigation. The department statement followed a report from The Washington Post hours earlier that Barr had contacted British and Italian officials and that the Trump administration reached out to their Australian counterparts as part of an investigation into U.S. intelligence activities around Trump’s election. The New York Times also reported Monday that Trump called Prime Minister Scott Morrison of Australia to urge him to help Barr in the Justice Department investigation. Both publications cited unidentified U.S. officials and people familiar with the matter for their reports."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAI4QWX

The good news is that Woodward and Bernstein are still around to co-author All the President's Men II =D>

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:16 pm

Does the impeachment form have an "All of the above" box?

broman

Post by broman » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:28 pm

Back to million dollar question. Why is Trump and his team trying to prove the innocence of Russia? I'm going with my same answers, Trump owes Russia something or he wants something from Russia and the Magnitsky Sanctions are in the way.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:45 pm

There's another possibility/probability: Russia has something on Trump, either d**kpics, or proof of massive loans/grants which may or may not be declared on his perpetually "under-audit" tax returns...or both :shock:
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:04 am

For a person who claims innocence, he sure does act worried.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:52 am

So, Pompeo says it "isn't feasible" for the State Dept. to respond to the congressional subpoena, Barr is off God knows where looking for evidence against our intelligence agencies in their handling of Russian interference and a federal judge has told the Justice Dept. to either charge McCabe or drop their case*.

I'm curious if any of our Conservative readers think this is what the writers of the Constitution had in mind when they wrote all that "Checks and Balances" stuff.

* The Grand Jury on the case appears to have failed to bring charges but no one has confirmed it.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:26 am

Hillary - "Congress' subpoena 'can be understood only as an attempt to intimidate, bully, and treat improperly.'"

Ha! Just kidding! Pompeo said that. Hillary complied and testified for 11 hours.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:45 pm

"intimidate, bully, and treat improperly"

George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:46 pm

He doesn't seem to have a lot of faith in his Vice President.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:17 pm

...their VOTE, their Freedoms, their Second Amendment, Religion, Military, Border Wall, and their God-given rights...

He left out Cable TV and Double Stuf Oreos...

What an insufferable crybaby. I'd tell him to man up but he's obviously emotionally incapable. This is a perfect example of why Bill Maher calls him a whiny little b***h.
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:04 am

With Trump eager to discover the identity
of the whistleblower so he can silence
hlm/her/them, I feel this is an 'l am Spartacus!' moment...so I'm proud to start the ball rolling...

'l am the whistleblower!"

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:26 pm

Too late. Igor already outed the boss:

‘The president of the United States is the whistleblower,’ Stephen Miller says

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:06 pm

Another question for the readers: Ordinarily, corruption involving Americans in other countries is investigated by the countries they're in, maybe the FBI, and maybe some combination of the State Dept. and maybe the SEC or whatever agencies might be relevant. Do any of you think it's unusual that they aren't with your Biden "scandal" and instead, it's the president and his personal "lawyer" doing the investigating?

Or is it because all those agencies and their Trump-appointed leaders are corrupt and part of the Deep State or something? It just seems odd to me.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:56 pm

"Investigating" should be in quotes as well :wink:

With these guys it all comes down to politics. If you're not "with Trump" it's simply because you're a partisan liberal hater. Keeps one from having to ponder difficult questions such as the one you asked.

Stereotype, smear. Blather, rinse and repeat.