John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Whistle blower vs Privilege

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:15 pm

Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:15 pm

Former congressman Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) is expected to join Trump’s legal team as an outside counsel, according to a senior White House official who said Gowdy met with White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney earlier Tuesday.

Nice move, apparently earned on the strength of his highly successful Benghazi Investigation :roll: . Could it be that His Unmatched Wisdomness is having problems finding good help?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:43 am

If the letter his alleged "lawyer" sent to Congress is any indication, yes. The guy seems to have the legal knowledge of a third-grader. Or a Fox News host. Take your pick.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:51 pm

Not even 3 years in and he's down to a smattering of lower-tier yes-men and never-was-es, a couple of inept weirdos and his children
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

broman

Post by broman » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:16 pm

The Bidens are so corrupt they have pictures with Ukrainians who just got arrested. :roll:

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:45 am

Just in...

Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, will testify to House committees leading the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump, defying the State Department's direction not to cooperate.

"Notwithstanding the State Department's current direction to not testify, Ambassador Sondland will honor the Committees' subpoena, and he looks forward to testifying on Thursday," Sondland's attorneys, Robert Luskin and Kwame Manley, said in a statement.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAIDeBy

Get your popcorn ready, here come the tweets...3, 2, 1 :fan:
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:40 am

And Yovanovich is there today. C-SPAN's ratings are gonna be yuge! Probably even bigger than their blockbuster "Colonel Ollie Show" back in '87.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:50 am

John Q. Public wrote: If the letter his alleged "lawyer" sent to Congress is any indication, yes. The guy seems to have the legal knowledge of a third-grader. Or a Fox News host. Take your pick.
Now sources are saying that Donald wrote the letter, which would explain the lack of understanding of the law, the Constitution and the process. Why Cipollone would risk his reputation and professional standing by signing it is still a mystery.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:09 am

$$$$$$
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:10 am

I don't believe trump wrote the letter...he can't speak that well there's no reason to think he writes that well. If he wrote it there would be much more rambling, a few "Witch Hunt" statements, and a lot more talk about how smart he is.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:48 am

Maybe it was Kellyanne. It sounds kind of like her style. Without any input from her husband, who tweeted a quote from a law professor who wondered if Cipollone had been sick the day his law school taught law.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:57 am

A letter from some of Cipollone's classmates in law school.
cipollone letter copy.jpg

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:39 pm

Democratic Lawmaker Says Barr's Reported Meeting With Murdoch Should Be Investigated

Attorney General William Barr met privately Wednesday night with Rupert Murdoch, the media giant and known confidant of President Trump, at Murdoch's home in New York, The New York Times reported on Thursday.

It is unclear what the two discussed, as aides of both men declined to speak with the Times.

On Thursday, Trump attacked Fox News after its latest poll showed that 51 percent of Americans believe that he should be impeached and removed from office.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4652 ... iny-report

"What the hell is the attorney general of the United States doing meeting with the head of Fox?" Rouda, who sits on the House Oversight and Reform Committee, said during an interview on SiriusXM's "The Dean Obeidallah Show" on Friday.

"And for what purpose could that possibly be, especially in light of the fact this is happening exactly at the same time the president of the United States is saying Fox News isn't being kind enough to him?" the Democratic lawmaker added.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAIGaKx

They were probably watching the ballgame... --:--
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:36 pm

LMAO that Schiff is saying they might not interview the whistleblower "out of concern for his safety." Considering that it would put him at risk and his testimony wouldn't add anything, it's actually brilliant, strategically and politically. =D>

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:53 am

Still waiting for that house vote to authorize an impeachment inquiry. --:--
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:07 am

Find a nice comfy chair, then. There's no law or precedent that would even suggest one be taken.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:57 pm

Still waiting for that house vote to authorize an impeachment inquiry

Why is that? Nothing in the Constitution or House rules requires one.

From Stephen Vladek, constitutional law professor at the University of Texas: “There’s no requirement in the Constitution that the House do anything specific, in any order, prior to voting to approve articles of impeachment.”

Instead of beating this straw man to death, why don't you share your opinion of the President's actions that initiated the investigation. I'm "still waiting" for that. Do you agree with the majority of Americans who think there should be an investigation?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:44 pm

Case in point was Andrew Johnson, where the House Reconstruction Committee convened, decided to bring charges and the House voted to impeach, all in one day and without anything in writing.

The House only plays the part of the DA's Office in this docu-drama and no DA has ever polled every lawyer on their staff before deciding to charge a perp. It doesn't work that way, regardless of what Donald the legal genius wants people to think. That's just a dodge, just like the nonsense with the whistleblower, who has actually become irrelevant at this point.

broman

Post by broman » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:36 am

Looks like Rudy had his hand in the cookie jar too...

President Donald Trump’s personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, was paid $500,000 for work he did for a company co-founded by the Ukrainian-American businessman arrested last week on campaign finance charges, Giuliani told Reuters on Monday.
[...]
Giuliani said Parnas’ company, Boca Raton-based Fraud Guarantee, whose website says it aims to help clients “reduce and mitigate fraud”, engaged Giuliani Partners, a management and security consulting firm, around August 2018. Giuliani said he was hired to consult on Fraud Guarantee’s technologies and provide legal advice on regulatory issues.

According to an indictment unsealed by U.S. prosecutors, an unidentified Russian businessman arranged for two $500,000 wires to be sent from foreign bank accounts to a U.S. account controlled by Fruman in September and October 2018. The money was used, in part, by Fruman, Parnas and two other men charged in the indictment to gain influence with U.S. politicians and candidates, the indictment said.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN1WU07Z

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:02 pm

The muck just gets wider and deeper...

A grand jury has subpoenaed former Republican Rep. Pete Sessions on matters connected to President Donald Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, two Giuliani associates' dealings with Ukraine and efforts to remove the US ambassador to Ukraine...

Sessions' subpoena suggests that investigators are looking to gather information on his interactions with Giuliani as well as with associates Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman...prosecutors allege Parnas and Fruman asked Sessions to help get the US ambassador to Ukraine fired at the same time that they were committing to raise tens of thousands of dollars for Sessions' reelection campaign...

https://us.cnn.com/2019/10/15/politics/ ... index.html
George Will

Donald Trump