Black Americans will not vote for a homosexual.

Tommy Tar

Black Americans will not vote for a homosexual.

Post by Tommy Tar » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:58 am

Internal focus groups conducted by Pete Buttigieg’s presidential campaign this summer reveal a key reason why he is struggling with African-American voters: many see his sexuality as a problem.

The 21-page report, conducted by the Benenson Strategy Group with black Democratic South Carolina voters in mid-July and obtained exclusively by McClatchy, found that “being gay was a barrier for these voters, particularly for the men who seemed deeply uncomfortable even discussing it.

While the report stated that Buttigieg’s sexuality was not a “disqualifier” for these voters, some of the focus group participants questioned why Buttigieg even brought it up.
===snip====
https://www.thestate.com/news/politics- ... 518313.ece

Even African-Americans from South Bend did not support Mayor Pete so a VP spot may be a hard sell. :eh?:
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

RPW

Re: Black Americans will not vote for a homosexual.

Post by RPW » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:49 am

WTF? I would vote for the gayest MF in the America if he was balanced, could unite the country and speak up against **** when he/she sees it.

Basically.. that poll is full of ****.
I am The Voice of Reason

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:08 am

The polls have been saying that for years. But in Mayor Pete's favor, I guess, I don't see any of the candidates exciting black voters. Even the black ones. You see about as many black faces at Warren, Sanders and Biden rallies as you do at Trump's. I guess the early states are majority white, but still.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

RPW

Post by RPW » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:58 am

Petey seems very uninterested in being big dog.
Warren has some very good ideas and like her attitude
Biden is full of crap - don't tell me how you will beat Trump, tell me how you will make life better
Bernie has ideas on top of ideas but he still seems like the grumpy uncle that will cuss someone out
Harris is a strong candidate but I am curious if she gets the nod.. who could be with her? Thats the key

The rest including Hillary should support one of these and get out of the way.
I am The Voice of Reason

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:43 pm

It's like the 4 people you cite each have a different 25% of what a strong candidate would possess

I like(d) Harris but she doesn't seem to be lighting any fires under the electorate