The Trump Impeachment Inquiry

Omar Bongo

The Trump Impeachment Inquiry

Post by Omar Bongo »

Public hearings begins shortly, should be interesting to say the least.

Read this tidbit...seems someone's getting a little nervous:

"President Trump is tweeting more than ever. The second week of October was his busiest, with 271 tweets."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that almost 40 tweets a day? Those are 'somebody sitting on their bed that weighs 400 pounds' kind of numbers...doesn't this guy have a friggin' job?

Looking forward to seeing the Repub questioners twist and shout as they try to deflect, deny and dismiss...
Wabash

Re: The Trump Impeachment Inquiry

Post by Wabash »

One has to admire the chutzpah of the GOP. They are complaining about the rules being used that they approved back in 2015 when they had the majority.

It's analogous to shooting your parents and then throwing yourself on the mercy of the court because you're an orphan.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Given the last pictures I saw of him. He has to be well over 300#.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar »

Maybe you guys should be watching the inquiry.

‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Taylor reveals newly disclosed Trump exchange on Ukraine

According to Taylor’s account, Sondland called Trump by mobile phone from a Kyiv restaurant where U.S. officials were dining after meeting with Zelenskiy. Trump was speaking so loudly that one of Taylor’s staff members could hear both sides of the call.

The staffer said Trump asked Sondland about “the investigations.” Taylor understood that term as referring to Trump’s request that Zelenskiy investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, his son Hunter, and Burisma Holdings, an energy company on whose board Hunter Biden served.

...Taylor said his staff member asked Sondland what Trump thought about Ukraine.

“Ambassador Sondland responded that President Trump cares more about the investigations of Biden, which Giuliani was pressing for,” Taylor said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... nd=premium
broman

Post by broman »

The wildcard is Bolton. If he confirms the basics of the issue, small chance a few R's vote for impeachment.
Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar »

What was the staffers name? Why was this person not called?

Like he said 20 times today. "I'm only telling you what I heard" More second had info. These guys never heard anything first hand and they were the kings of the US Ukraine delegation.
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.
broman

Post by broman »

Does that make it false?
Rudy bragged about his investigations in Ukraine as Trump's personal lawyer....
Trump brought up the DNC Server, Crowdstike, and the Biden's in phone call with the Ukraine President...

What evidence contradicts what these men heard second hand?
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

The Trump defender's defense can be summed up by this soundbite.

We're supposed to believe all those testifying under oath are lying. While believing that all those unwilling to testify under oath are telling the truth.

Best exchange of the day:

Jim Jordan: "...we will never be able to question the person who started all of this."

Rep. Welch: "I'd be glad to have the person who started it all come in and testify. President Trump is welcome to take a seat right there."

Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Then there is this gem from Rep. John Ratcliffe

"If they impeach President Trump for blackmail, or extortion, or making threats or demands they have to call President Trump a liar to do it."

I have to assume that sounded like a more compelling argument when he rehearsed it in his head.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Tommy Tar wrote:
> What was the staffers name? Why was this person not called?

It's not a secret. A little reading goes a long way...his name is David Holmes and he will testify on Friday.

> Like he said 20 times today. "I'm only telling you what I heard"
> More second had info. These guys never heard anything first hand and they
> were the kings of the US Ukraine delegation.

Nice parroting of the GOP line...so far. Ignore what they said and focus on where they were. I guess what you're implying is they're making it all up? These career government servants and distinguished veterans are going before the American people and the world and lying under oath to our faces? Is that all you got?

Why do you think the people who are one step closer to the inner circle are refusing to testify? Mulvaney, Bolton, Giuliani? Why do you think that is? Because they have nothing to tell?

And speaking of the "Kings of the US Ukraine Delegation", whatever that means, why does Trump's Ambassador to the EU and lying hotelier Sondland keep changing his story as it is undermined by others? Any thoughts on that Tommy? After today's testimony he's bound to be called again...
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Just throwing this out there: Rumor has it that the Senate hearings are expected to take 6 to 8 weeks and maybe 5 to 6 days a week. Six of the Democratic candidates are Senators, including two of the front runners. Hmmmm.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Oh, and by the way...

Ambassador’s Cellphone Call to Trump From Kyiv Restaurant Was a Stunning Breach of Security, Former Officials Say

"The security ramifications are insane — using an open cellphone to communicate with the president of the United States," said Larry Pfeiffer, a former senior director of the White House Situation Room and a former chief of staff to the CIA director. "In a country that is so wired with Russian intelligence, you can almost take it to the bank that the Russians were listening in on the call"...

...It was also noteworthy in that ambassadors typically don’t just pick up the phone and call presidents. "They never do so to discuss Ukraine policy,” former U.S. ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul said in a tweet. “Doing so on a cellphone from Kyiv means [the] whole world was listening in."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-BBWIh4E
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

[quote]Ambassador’s Cellphone Call to Trump From Kyiv Restaurant Was a Stunning Breach of Security, Former Officials Say[/quote]

I'm sure it wasn't nearly as dangerous as Hillary's use of a private server.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Of course not, we're only talking about the president of the United States here
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar »

It looks like Marie Yovanovitch the old US ambassador for Ukraine will be the star witness on Friday. She also said in her deposition that she has no first hand knowledge of the phone call. She will cry on TV and that will add to her testimony. :-)
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Lol.

You sound scared. Just like Trump.

That has nothing to do with the possible crimes committed by Trump.

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar »

Are the democrats going to bring any witness that over heard the call? Any?? Call the whistle blower as he/she was the one who started all of this. Where is the army guy with all the dirt?
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Repeat - the whistle blower is only the guy who saw people with guns and ski masks running out of the bank and called 911. The robbers have been caught, they've confessed, the money's been recovered and the witnesses are testifying before the Grand Jury. The guy who called 911 is absolutely irrelevant now.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

The hearings are just getting started. Patience grasshopper.