Re: The Trump Impeachment Inquiry

Post by Tommy Tar » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:36 am

John Q. Public wrote:
> Repeat - the whistle blower is only the guy who saw people with guns and
> ski masks running out of the bank and called 911. The robbers have been
> caught, they've confessed, the money's been recovered and the witnesses are
> testifying before the Grand Jury. The guy who called 911 is absolutely
> irrelevant now.

Then it goes to the DA. The bank manager (Ukraine President Zelensky) tells the DA that the bank was never robbed. They look at the bank video (transcript) and see the bank was not robbed. Then they go back to the guy (whistle blower) who made the 911 call and the DA finds out that the whistle blower never saw the bank being robbed. He was miles away but someone told him it was being robbed.

Do you think the DA will want to talk to the person who told the whistle blower the bank was being robbed? Subpoena the person who told the whistle blower. Maybe then they will have someone who heard the phone call.
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:43 am

Wrong analogy.

The bank was robbed. A crime was still committed if the robber gave the money back.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:59 pm

Except the bank video *does* show the bank being robbed, the empty teller drawer says it was robbed and the robber's confession says it was robbed. The bank robber saying "well, isn't that how everybody makes withdrawals?" makes no difference.

And a sort of unrelated question: Say you're the FBI and you're investigating some criminal activity - say an American citizen involved in some kind of foreign corruption. Do you go on CNN and announce to the world that you're investigating him or do you try not to let him know.

And hey! What about all those unsecured cell phone calls, "but her emails" fans?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:05 pm

And my question for Sondland and/or the people who overheard the conversation in the restaurant: Was Donald speaking that loudly or did Sondland have him on frickin' speakerphone?

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:44 pm

Then subpoena the staff member who heard the call. Subpoena the phone records. Subpoena the Oval Office log book. Subpoena all the people who were in the room at the time. The democrats can subpoena all of them. Why are they not??? Again we are hearing from a dude who heard it from a dude and we never know the name of these people with first hand info... Why?
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:46 pm

What makes you believe that isn't going to happen?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:47 pm

How many subpoenas have the Republicans ignored or refused so far?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:03 pm

Uh, Tommy, they've subpoenaed everybody but the waiter.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:54 pm

TT Wrote: Subpoena the phone records

Putin will never turn them over...

Seriously, if they are exculpatory and someone explains what that means to Trump why doesn't HE release them? Remember how he quickly released a doctored "transcript" and moved the actual one to a top-secret server? Why do you think he did that, Tommy?
Last edited by Omar Bongo on Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:00 pm

JQP Wrote: Was Donald speaking that loudly or did Sondland have him on frickin' speakerphone?

Apparently...

"A second U.S. Embassy staffer in Kyiv overheard a cellphone call between President Donald Trump and his ambassador to the European Union discussing a need for Ukrainian officials to pursue 'investigations', The Associated Press has learned..."

"The second diplomatic staffer also at the table was Suriya Jayanti, a foreign service officer based in Kyiv..."

Before this news broke:

"Trump on Wednesday said he did not recall the July 26 call with Sondland. 'No, not at all, not even a little bit,' Trump said."

And after:

"The White House did not respond to questions Thursday about the second witness to the call with Sondland."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-BBWL4zM

Well, Tommy?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:51 pm

In 2017:
Sondland donates $1 million to Trump's inauguration through four limited liability companies

May 2018:
Trump nominates Sondland as Ambassador to the European Union

May 2019:
Trump says Sondland has done a "great job."

October 4, 2019:
Trump says "The text message that I saw from Ambassador Sondland -- who's highly respected -- was..."

October 8, 2019:
Trump tweets that Sondland is "a really good man and great American."

Monday:
Sondland "newly remembers" that he had told a Ukrainian government official on September 1 that US military aid would likely be released only after Ukraine announced an investigation connected to Trump's potential 2020 opponent Joe Biden. Sondland had originally testified that he "never" thought there was a precondition attached to the aid.

Thursday:
Trump tells reporters on the South Lawn, "Let me just tell you: I hardly know the gentleman..."

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/08/poli ... index.html

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:10 am

Former Ambassador Yovanovitch testifying now...very moving opening statement centered on her concerns about support of American diplomats and foreign service workers and the future direction of U.S. influence/policy in the world...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:42 am

The Scumbag in Chief is now attacking the Ambassador in real time during her testimony with abusive tweets...Ms. Yovanovich has selflessly served her country for over 30 years and won numerous awards and praise from her country and her colleagues for that service...she has spoken of her concern for her country and its future and has said nary a word, negative or otherwise, about the child occupying the White House, zero. But nevertheless he feels no shame at all in spreading baseless smears and innuendo about this obviously decent person from the comfort of his Executive Bathroom or wherever...

What a gutless, lowlife coward. Be proud, GOP
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:50 am

Schiff right on point calling it witness intimidation, not only of the Ambassador but future witnesses as well. Add it to the list of impeachment charges...
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:46 am

Actual Fox News quote: "Now, when we look at the U.S. Constitution and look at Article 2, Section 4, it doesn't say anything about witness intimidation."

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:56 am

In that same section it does mention bribery. And a case can be made for that.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:13 am

Article 2, Section 4 doesn't say anything about child molestation either, must be okay
George Will

Donald Trump

broman

Post by broman » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:48 pm

Because of the break they took to go vote, my morning talk radio show was able to take in calls during the intermission of the hearings. The thing that sticks out to me is how so many of the Trump supporter took personal offense to what the Ambassador spoke about. How dare she question the wisdom of the dear leader? Crazy..

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:49 pm

Powerful closing words from Chairman Schiff...must watch 3:50~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lam6Ab2Rhs
George Will

Donald Trump

broman

Post by broman » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:19 am

So hard to keep up....

Diplomatic aide David Holmes testified that he had heard Trump on a telephone call ask US Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland whether the Ukrainians were going to open investigations he had asked for into former Vice President Joe Biden and a conspiracy theory surrounding the 2016 election.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/16/politics ... index.html

Among the many guests who had their pictures taken with President Donald Trump at the White House's annual Hanukkah party last year were two Soviet-born businessmen from Florida, Lev Parnas and Igor  Fruman. In the days immediately following the meeting, Parnas insinuated to the two people he confided in that he clearly believed he'd been given a special assignment by the President; like some sort of "James Bond mission," according to one of the people. According to those two confidants, Parnas said that "the big guy," as he sometimes referred to the President in conversation, talked about tasking him and Fruman with what Parnas described as "a secret mission" to pressure the Ukrainian government to investigate Joe Biden and his son Hunter.To Parnas, the chain of command was clear: Giuliani would issue the President's directives while Parnas, who speaks fluent Russian, would be an on-the-ground investigator alongside Fruman, who has numerous business contacts in Ukraine.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/15/politics ... index.html