The Trump Impeachment Inquiry

Wabash

Re: The Trump Impeachment Inquiry

Post by Wabash » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:22 pm

PF, your post makes no sense. Could you be more specific?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:47 pm

Or not. But do please tell Bick "Thank you," if you could.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:54 pm

I've decided to take it at face value - a glimpse into the brain of the average Trump sycophant...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:27 pm

Good idea. I'll do that as well.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:50 pm

I'm actually enjoying watching the entire Republican Senate majority implicate themselves in a criminal cover- up.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:32 pm

Poll: Support For Trump's Removal Remains Steady

As the Senate impeachment trial goes into its third week, support for removing President Donald Trump from office remains steady, with half of voters registering approval for his conviction despite his all-but-certain acquittal, according to the latest POLITICO/Morning Consult poll.

The new poll conducted Jan. 29-30 and released Saturday shows minimal change in public opinion about the trial. While 50 percent approval and 43 percent disapproval for a Senate conviction represent a slightly wider gap than the last POLITICO/Morning Consult survey, both numbers remain within the poll’s margin of error.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-BBZy8ct

Lucky for us our system of government grants the 43% power over the 50%, much like the 46% whose choice won over the choice of the 48% in the election...imagine what the GOP could do if they were the actual majority
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

AAA Sports Club

Post by AAA Sports Club » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:33 pm

Wabash wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:37 am
Both candidates were terrible. The worst two choices in history.
The only easy day was yesterday...

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:57 pm

OB, this is how they would react.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:36 am

Omar Bongo wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:57 am
It seems that despite a two century-plus tradition of bipartisan loyalty to the Constitution and adherence to the rule of law, we have descended to this...the expeditious end to a sham trial feigning the adjudication of the exact example of an impeachable act cited by the Founders themselves...a trial in which it wasn't Lady Justice wearing the blindfold but the jurors themselves.
The senators' remarks on Friday, explaining their vote against witnesses, make clear that they were never, ever going to vote for conviction under any circumstances. Two examples:

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL): "Just because actions meet a standard of impeachment does not mean it is in the best interest of the country to remove a President from office...I will not vote to remove the President because doing so would inflict extraordinary and potentially irreparable damage to our already divided nation."

Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN): "It was inappropriate for the president to ask a foreign leader to investigate his political opponent and to withhold United States aid to encourage that investigation...The question then is not whether the president did it, but whether the United States Senate or the American people should decide what to do about what he did. I believe that the Constitution provides that the people should make that decision in the presidential election that begins in Iowa on Monday."

Rubio and Alexander are both conceding that Trump is guilty of the things that he's accused of doing. They're even admitting that it was wrong for him to do it. But they are also bending themselves into pretzels to avoid any responsibility for doing anything about it. The Constitution's rules for impeachment, short and vague as they are, have no proviso that says "unless the senators think it would upset people too much" or "unless there's an election coming up soon, anyhow."

The final nail in the American coffin will be later this year when the Supreme Court rules the president doesn't have to release his tax returns. If he was bullet proof before, he will be missile proof after that. The Senate has made clear they will look the other way, regardless of what he does.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:42 am

AAA Sports Club wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:33 pm
Both candidates were terrible. The worst two choices in history.
Only if one believes the constant BS about Hillary that was put forth by conservatives. None of which has been proven to be true.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:41 am

Or if one realizes she lost to Donald #@$%&!# Trump and there were actual Democrats who had to hold their noses to vote for her. Both were terrible candidates.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:41 am

Well, as we now know, there's terrible and then there's Donald Trump...
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:57 am

Man.. republicans must really hate Pence to throw the entire country in the toilet for Trump.

broman

Post by broman » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:13 pm

Wabash wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:42 am
Only if one believes the constant BS about Hillary that was put forth by conservatives
They still believe it, and it will work again if Trump's opponent runs a bad campaign. Just today, Joni Erntz was predicting a possible impeachment of President Biden. Lindsey was on Fox outlining a Senate investigation of the House investigation and the Bidens. On top of that, you still got Bill Barr running an investigation of the Mueller report.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:48 pm

I wonder how those go over in their states. Iowa is pretty safely red but South Carolina isn't, these days.

broman

Post by broman » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:56 pm

:eh?:
Although he believes there indeed was a quid pro quo by Donald Trump administration’s regarding aid to Ukraine, Ohio GOP Sen. Rob Portman said Tuesday that’s not enough to remove the president from office.

Portman said the apparent claims in former national security adviser John Bolton’s new book about Trump’s demands on Ukraine in exchange for nearly $400 million in U.S. aid “didn’t surprise me.” That’s a big reason he didn’t support subpoenaing Bolton or others in the administration; Portman said he already was convinced that Ukraine was asked for favors to pry loose the aid.

“I didn’t believe that the actions were appropriate in the first place, so I didn’t need that,” he said of additional witnesses in the Senate trial, which is expected to conclude Wednesday with Trump’s acquittal. Portman said he still doesn’t think the July 25 call between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy showed a quid pro quo, but evidence that emerged afterward convinced him there was.
https://www.dispatch.com/news/20200204/ ... mpeachment

I would love to ask, they he learned his lesson crowd and the guilty but don't impeach crowd, what makes them think Trump will change? Better question, why are they not changing?

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:05 pm

broman wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:56 pm
Although he believes there indeed was a quid pro quo by Donald Trump administration’s regarding aid to Ukraine, Ohio GOP Sen. Rob Portman said Tuesday that’s not enough to remove the president from office.
The flaw in those arguments is they never say what would be enough to remove the president from office.

It allows them to move the goal line ad nauseum.

broman

Post by broman » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:22 pm

Moving on, predicting the next scandal with be in the Middle East, Israel or Saudi Arabia.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:07 pm

Imagine if Manchin or another Dem up for reelection had voted with the GOP herd, Trump would be blathering about a "bipartisan" vote for acquittal... :roll:

So was that guilty vote really from the heart, or was Mitt just officially throwing his hat into the 2024 ring? :-k
George Will

Donald Trump

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:04 am

Nothing but venom and hate and lies coming out of his mouth at a prayer breakfast. I don’t even want to know how he would act if he was actually convicted.

God help us..