Secretary of the Navy Out.....

broman

Secretary of the Navy Out.....

Post by broman » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:05 pm

Navy Secretary Richard Spencer resigned Sunday at Defense Secretary Mark Esper’s request over a private compromise Spencer proposed to the White House that would have allowed a sailor accused of war crimes to retire as a SEAL rather than being kicked out of the elite force’s ranks, the Pentagon said.
https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/2 ... ase-073436

Fake patriots need to hear this:

“Unfortunately it has become apparent that … I no longer share the same understanding with the Commander in Chief who appointed me, in regards to the key principle of good order and discipline,”. “I cannot in good conscience obey an order that I believe violates the sacred oath I took in the presence of my family, my flag and my faith to support and defend the Constitution of the United States..... =D>

Omar Bongo

Re: Secretary of the Navy Out.....

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:45 pm

Some background might be informative: this is the guy the cowardly Pvt. Bonespurs is defending as a "hero":

Chief Gallagher was turned in by his own platoon last spring. Several fellow SEALs reported that during a deployment in Iraq in 2017 he had shot civilians, killed a captive Islamic State fighter with a custom hunting knife and posed for selfies with a teenage captive’s dead body. He was also charged with obstruction of justice for threatening to kill SEALs who reported him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-BBXh04d
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:39 pm

Neat trick, cabinet member firing another cabinet member. But, you know, Trump.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:48 pm

I don't understand why Donald is so supportive of war criminals. Makes no sense.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:10 pm

The draft-dodging coward needs to appear to be "tough" to his fawning constituency, he knows full well they are easily duped
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:19 pm

But they're war criminals. They're Lt. Calley, not Audie Murphy. The heads of the military don't even support them.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:41 pm

Interesting you cite Calley who was released to house arrest by Nixon three days after his conviction by court-martial of murdering 22 South Vietnamese civilians

The things Republican presidents can get away with... ](*,)
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:10 am

Bill Maher did a great bit called The Magic "R."

Basically, just change the name from Trump to Obama and then imagine the apoplexy we would be hearing from the GOP about unpatriotic or Unamerican behavior.

The GOP has a long history of smearing military personnel they don't like. Then wrap themselves in the flag when it comes to those they do like.

Witness the difference in commentary about testifying in uniform between Lt. Col. North and Lt. Col. Vindman. One is considered a conservative hero. The other was (to put it mildly) not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFWv42U1l4A
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

broman

Post by broman » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:01 am

Remember it was a FOX NEWS story that got the ball rolling on this and Gallagher and his wife have been on the network several times. Trump and like minded media know their audience. Handsome Navy seal, attractive and well dressed wife, to much propaganda to pass up.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:52 am

"Attractive and well dressed wife," maybe that's what Milosevic needed. Part of the staging, I guess.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:35 am

Actually Spencer bypassing his Sec Def to propose a deal to the White House is a big no-no. It doesn't matter how idiotic and dishonest the President is.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:29 am

Update

Army General Declines To Reinstate Special Forces Tab To Officer Pardoned By Trump

An Army general has denied a request by an officer pardoned in an open murder case by President Trump to have his Special Forces tab reinstated, setting up a potential showdown with the commander in chief.

[Lt. Gen. Francis M. Beaudette, the commander of U.S. Army Special Operations Command]'s denial of Golsteyn’s reinstatement request follows Trump’s decision in November to pardon Golsteyn along with former 1st Lt. Clint Lorance, an Army officer who had been convicted of murder in Afghanistan.

Trump also decided to reinstate the rank of a Navy SEAL, Chief Petty Officer Edward Gallagher, who was acquitted of murder last year but convicted of posing for a photo with the corpse of an Islamic State fighter in Iraq.

Beaudette, in a Dec. 3 memorandum, wrote that he decided to deny Golsteyn’s request because his actions “demonstrated a lack of adherence to the Special Forces Creed, and our American and Army values.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/army- ... ar-BBYNyE8

Your move, Bonespurs...
George Will

Donald Trump