When guns attack

Wabash

Re: When guns attack

Post by Wabash » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:42 pm

This is still one of the best.
ENID, Okla. - A woman was taken to the hospital after apparently being shot by a dog while waiting for a train in Enid this week.

Just after 2:30 p.m. Thursday, police responded to an accidental shooting call near N. 10th St. and Hemlock.

According to Enid News & Eagle, passenger 44-year-old Tina Springer and driver 79-year-old Brent Parks, both of Nash, were stopped for a train when the incident happened.

Parks' yellow lab was in the backseat of the vehicle when the dog jumped onto the console, causing a gun to discharge and hit Springer in the left thigh. The console had a folding center and a .22 caliber handgun was under it.
https://kfor.com/2019/10/04/881071/
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:02 am

I assume the authorities conducted an investigation. Was it "accidental" or did the dog have a motive?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:30 am

"Gimme all the Milk Bones and nobody gets hurt."
Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:13 am

Bloody Sunday for our well-regulated militia, as their weapons turned against them.

In this one, the police blamed the human but the newspaper said the gun did it. Given all of the above "no charge" incidents, I can't help but wonder if it had anything to do with this negligent human's name.
A 28-year-old man has been charged in the shooting of a woman, who was hit in the back by a bullet that went through two doors Saturday in their Hanover Township, Lehigh County, home, state police said Sunday.

Marvin Gilberto Benitez was “negligently handling a firearm” in his bedroom about 12:46 p.m. Saturday in the 1800 block of Troxell Street, state police said. That’s when the gun went off, sending a round through his bedroom door and the door across the hall, leading into the bedroom of 52-year-old Virgen Milagros Rivera.

https://www.mcall.com/news/police/mc-nw ... story.html
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — A preliminary investigation by detectives found that a 36-year-old man with a concealed handgun on the small of his back was play-wrestling on a bed with his 4-year-old son.

Police said, while the two were playing, the gun fell from the father’s person and a shot was fired, striking both the father and the four-year-old in the head.

Police said there is an active investigation into the specifics as to how the firearm was discharged.

https://fox59.com/2020/01/20/bloomingto ... -shooting/

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:28 am

LOL. I just noticed the "punctuation matters" instance in the second quote. The second comma in the second paragraph says the police were doing a live play-by-play as it happened. It should be a short investigation.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:14 pm

A gun brought to school by a west Alabama first-grader discharged in his pocket and now the parents are facing criminal charges.

The incident happened Friday morning at J.E. Hobbs Elementary School. According to Wilcox County Schools Superintendent Andre Saulsberry, who posted about the incident on his Facebook page, the gun discharged while in the 6-year-old’s pocket. No one was injured but the bullet put a hole in a wall.

The Camden Police Department, the Wilcox county Department of Human Resources and the superintendent were contacted immediately, and the school was placed on lockdown. “All students and staff are safe, and we appreciate the leadership of Principal Laister and Assistant Principal Freeman,” Saulsberry wrote.

Wilcox County District Attorney Michael Jackson said the student’s parents are being charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor, which is a misdemeanor.

https://www.al.com/news/montgomery/2020 ... chool.html
Contributing to the delinquency of a 6 year-old? Wondering if they have any expectation of getting a conviction for that.

Incidentally, the 4 year-old play wrestling with his "father" died today.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:36 pm

Is that a gun discharging in your pocket or are you just extremely glad to see me?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:40 am

Geez! Even cops guns are doing it!

Prince George's County police investigating fatal officer-involved shooting in Temple Hills

A struggle ensued between a handcuffed suspect and an officer, resulting in the suspect being shot multiple times by the officer's duty weapon.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/crim ... 710c5bedb9
BTW, the suspect was handcuffed in the patrol car.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:28 pm

John Q. Public wrote:Even cops guns are doing it!
Yes, but to their credit they usually exhibit remorse
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:36 pm

I think the article said they put it on administrative duty.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:57 pm

Walterboro (S.C.) Police say a customer was standing in line at the Dimitrio's checkout counter shortly after 12:15 p.m. Friday when the accidental shooting occurred.

According to police, a handgun fell out of the pocket of a second customer standing behind the shooting victim, and the gun fired when it hit the ground.

The bullet fired from the pistol hit the victim in their back and back of their head.

https://abcnews4.com/news/crime-news/cu ... walterboro
But hey! They actually charged the gun owner this time! With unlawfully carrying a handgun. Not with, like, shooting somebody. ](*,)

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:42 am

#thoughtsandprayers
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:07 am

Seriously Wabash, think about what you post before you clot up the board with nonsense like that. Endless repetition of meaningless phrases like "thoughts and prayers" or "why do you care" will just get you warnings.

Please stop.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:13 am

I believe those are legitimate responses to those who really couldn't care less.

Especially given how most of them have run off to their safe space.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:50 am

Wabash wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:13 am
I believe those are legitimate responses...
I believe they are not. You should stop.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:58 am

We will have to agree to disagree until those questions are answered.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:31 am

We're going to have to agree to more than that.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:48 am

I was going to let this thread die, but...
Two people hurt after gun jammed, then went off

An apparent firearms safety session went awry over the weekend and left a man and woman with gunshot wounds.

When deputies arrived, they said they found two people with gunshot wounds - a 47-year-old Midland man and a 25-year-old woman from Saginaw.

Investigators said the 47-year-old man was teaching the woman and another man firearm safety when the firearm the woman was using became jammed. The instructor went to clear the jam, and the firearm went off. The bullet hit the instructor in the left hand and fragmented, those fragments then hit the woman in the stomach.

"There was no intent to commit a crime. So there were no charges and there won't be any charges, but lessons learned," [Sheriff William] Federspiel said.

https://www.wnem.com/news/two-people-hu ... dac1c.html
But leave your kid in the car while you duck into the 7-11....

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:53 pm

Guess nobody told the "instructor" that bullets come out of that hole at the end
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:38 pm

I don't feel sorry for these idiots. Gun safety is pretty simple.