The Democrats are down to three?

Omar Bongo

Re: The Democrats are down to three?

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:56 am

Hunter Binden(?)...don't get the outrage we're supposed to be feeling, doesn't Donald have at least one of those by way of every wife?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:29 am

Tommy Tar wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:31 pm
Sanders campaign worker gets caught on hidden camera talking about burning down towns if Sanders doesn't win.
I can't remember. Are liberals a bunch of snowflakes looking for their safe space. Or violent crazed thugs.

Can you let me know? The perception seems to change daily in the conservative echo chamber.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:38 am

John Q. Public wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:14 pm
*One* campaign worker caught on camera by Myles "Mr. Credibility" O'Keefe. Yawn.
He is the poster child for wealthy white male privilege. He should have done jail time for what he did.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:15 am

A little heat with Sanders and Warren after event. I love the look on Steyer's face. :shock:

‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:34 am

Why do you care?

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:43 pm

Sanders called Warren a liar last night and Warren let it pass.

Then CNN's next question to Warren called Sanders a liar. Sanders let it pass.

Then we have the public fight on TV and today violence at a Warren campaign office in Portland. Kind of like the "one guy" talked about in the video.
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:26 pm

Trump lies every day and the entire GOP lets it pass...why the sudden concern here :-k
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:31 pm

Looks like Sen. Sanders is the target. Get Bernie out because he's splitting the far left vote. CNN, Warren and now HRC all jumping on poor Bernie.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:22 pm

No surprise there, sooner or later it had to happen. Bernie and Warren are fighting over basically the same votes...

The trick is to see if Joe can win the nomination without moving left. If he can then he won't have to pivot back again after the convention. The longer both Sanders and Warren stay in the race (and fighting each other) the better for Biden....
George Will

Donald Trump

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:56 pm

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) is not letting President Trump’s impeachment trial in the Senate get in the way of his campaigning ahead of the Iowa caucuses.

Sanders, one of the 2020 Democratic front-runners, is chartering at least one private jet for the duration of the trial to take him to and from Iowa without the delays incurred from flying commercial.

Sanders should have more than enough dough to afford the luxurious method of transportation — he raised $34.5 million in the final quarter of 2019 and brought in $96 million over the course of the entire year.

Despite this, his campaign has declined to comment to multiple news outlets, including The Post, about his jet use.

The campaign feels uncomfortable disclosing the Vermont senator’s use of a private jet to the media, mostly due to fears of the optics of a far-left populist being seen using such an exclusive form of travel, people close to Sanders’ team tell the Washington Examiner.
===snip====

CNN has polls saying Sen. Sanders made a 7 point jump over the last week.
:cheers: Thanks Hillary.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:57 pm

1) I don't think we need to worry about Bernie being labeled a closet elitist, this is obviously a special case

2) Thee's a poll to tell anyone anything they want to hear and then it's different next week. There is no clear leader and it's going down to the wire...
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:58 pm

Speaking of polls, did you see the one that has 57% of voters nationwide wanting Trump removed from office?
George Will

Donald Trump

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:29 pm

Big event this weekend for Sen. Sanders with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. :eh?: Is he getting too far left for middle America?

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:10 pm

Nope.

The only ones who believe AOC is far left are the idiots who only watch Fox News.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:28 pm

I don't know what or where this "event" is, but one thing you have to admire about Bernie is he's very straightforward about where he stands. He isn't moving left, he's been there all along and he's been honest about it. If this event gives the people of _________ a clearer picture of him, that's a good thing, no?

Um, Wabash, the only people who don't think AOC is far left are the ones who don't know anything about her.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:46 pm

I'm very well aware of her policies. They are the same policies that provided opportunities to the boomer generation.

Hardly far left given that context.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:39 pm

Given where the center is these days, "far" left is a very different thing than it was say in the '60s & '70s...hell, they labeled Obama "far left" in 2008 :roll:
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:08 pm

Remember back in the olden days when we though people like Justin Amash were far-right wingnuts?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:01 am

Ahh, OC in the '60s...talk about yer far-right wingnuts

George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:01 pm

Interesting survey, especially considering that Bernie is leading by a fairly good margin. Today. --:--

Not that big of a spread until you get to Klobuchar. And Mayor Pete fans, don't get too excited. It's likely Democratic voters, so his being gay isn't going to be so much of a factor.

Other surveys, but also interesting - they say that what's behind Bernie's numbers is young people. That sounds kind of meaningful.