The Democrats are down to three?

Omar Bongo

Re: The Democrats are down to three?

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:32 pm

The whole thing is gonna come down to can left-wing Dems do what right-wing Reps did in 2016: take one for the team and vote for the one who can win, or throw the election by staying home or stubbornly voting for the one they like
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:01 pm

Washington Post-ABC News poll where they ask national Democrats and leaners to read minds. Small sample, +/- 6 points. If they want to know how independents and moderates feel, why don't they ask them? I kind of doubt the guy furthest to the left would be their second choice.

Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:53 pm

Someone mentioned that who supports whom could make a big difference -
Biden has the older voters while Sanders has the youth vote. We all know which cohort is more likely to actually turn out and vote...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:52 am

do iiiiit!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 9.50.19 AM.png

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:43 pm

538 posted a tweet that said turnout is so high tonight that they had to run out and print more ballots. :thumbsup:

broman

Post by broman » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:33 pm

Preview of what is to come...

Right-wing media, Facebook spread false and debunked report of “dirty voting rolls” in Iowa

Tom Fitton, head of the right-wing legal political organization Judicial Watch and a frequent guest on Fox News, tweeted on Sunday the supposed scandal that multiple Iowa counties have more registered voters than the eligible population.

Judicial Watch’s ongoing conspiracy theory has been picked up by others, including Turning Point USA’s Charlie Kirk, who called for a national voter ID law, and Gateway Pundit’s Jim Hoft. Fox host Sean Hannity’s website also published a piece on the false claim. The article on Hannity’s website was also reprinted by some iHeartRadio station sites that carry his radio show.

The Republican secretary of state in Iowa, Paul Pate, had to step in Monday as he responded to Fitton’s tweets, saying, “This is a false claim”:
https://www.mediamatters.org/voter-frau ... rty-voting

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:17 pm

Democratic campaign: "It's clear that something has gone wrong"
From CNN's Jeff Zeleny

Iowa Democratic Party officials are hunkered down in their war room tonight, with presidential campaigns in the dark over the delay in the reporting of caucus results.

Officials from two Democratic campaigns tell CNN they were told the app to tabulate results had crashed. They said they had not been given any other information.

Representatives of presidential campaigns are not invited into the state party’s war room, which is standard practice. But as the night wore on without word, “It’s clear that something has gone wrong.”

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... e3d1bb9e17

Forget it, Jake. It's Iowa... #-o
George Will

Donald Trump

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:22 pm

The democrats are reading right-wing facebook pages? :roll: I don't think so.

Too many people. The apps not working. People at the wrong site. Printing problems, Russia. La.la.la.

Or........ Sanders has won and the DNC is looking for more votes. Hillary won. :rockon:
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:43 pm

Why do you care?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:49 pm

Or, the app worked just fine when they tried it in the office but not so fine with 1,600 simultaneous users.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:02 pm

Tommy Tar wrote:Sanders has won and the DNC is looking for more votes.
Yeah, that's it :roll:

In hindsight it would have been better to cancel the whole thing and declare him the winner like the GOP is doing with primaries...why take any chances by allowing the people to exercise their right to vote?
Last edited by Omar Bongo on Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George Will

Donald Trump

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:11 pm

Wabash wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:43 pm
Why do you care?
The DNC, CNN and Hillary Clinton cheated Sanders in 2016 and Sanders was very high in the polls in Iowa. Even if the vote comes out tomorrow the "big moment" for someone is gone. :fan:
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:13 pm

Tommy Tar wrote:The DNC, CNN and Hillary Clinton cheated Sanders in 2016
What's your source for this BS, er, accusation?
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:19 pm

Tommy, why do you care?

Are you going to support Sanders?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:31 pm

Brian Williams sounds entertaining tonight.

"Somewhere, someone with the Grubhub app is wondering why they just got election results from Blackhawk County, Iowa."

and,

"This just in, Hillary Clinton has won.”

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:16 am

And the saga in Iowa continues...this may be obvious but I wonder if they've tried priming the carb and pulling the choke out about halfway
George Will

Donald Trump

SK80

Post by SK80 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:55 am

Omar Bongo wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:16 am
And the saga in Iowa continues...this may be obvious but I wonder if they've tried priming the carb and pulling the choke out about halfway
Just come out and say it.... Fly Over Country Democrat Rubes.... :roll:

Gotta believe the writers this morning at SNL are having a good old Iowa FIELD day! :lol:
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:47 am

Well, most of the caucus workers are older, ya know. and they got the "Council Bluffs be like" part down but they're having trouble distinguishing between the Bernie, Biden and Mr. Burns emojis.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:42 pm

John Q. Public wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:43 pm
538 posted a tweet that said turnout is so high tonight that they had to run out and print more ballots.
Seems like the same thing the media outlets have been taughting...... --:--

Day before Iowa: How record-high turnout in Iowa could shuffle the 2020 race https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/2 ... ace-105617

Day before Iowa: ‘The largest turnout we’ve ever had:’ Iowa to kick off Trump-fueled voter surge in 2020 McClatchy DC https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politi ... 94328.html
~
Day after Iowa: Early Iowa turnout signs point to lagging Democratic enthusiasm CNN International https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/04/politics ... index.html

Day after Iowa: Iowa Dem County Chair ‘Blown Away’ by Low Caucus Turnout https://freebeacon.com/politics/iowa-de ... s-turnout/

Now take the opposing side and incumbent....,

Day After Iowa: Trump is more popular than ever, and the turnout in Iowa confirms it Washington Examiner https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... onfirms-it

In a nutshell, the soothsayers got it wrong again. Like 538 above, Presidential Election 2016 Clinton 71% chance of winning.

In Iowa, last night, the Democrat voters did not show up, usually a sign of enthusiasm or lack of for a candidate(s). On the other hand, the opposite, the early numbers show Republican turnout higher than ever before, higher than the turnout numbers for Obama in 2008.

And to think, on the night of the "STATE of the UNION", just hours before there still is no winner in Iowa.... except Trump.
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:24 pm

Looks like Mayor Pete won and Joe Biden is just holding on to 4th. #-o

I see why the DNC pulled the plug on the app last night.