The Democrats are down to three?

Wabash

Re: The Democrats are down to three?

Post by Wabash » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:45 pm

Young guy runs with the big dogs for 11 months and racks up endorsements galore without a known political profile at that level. He raised money without a known donor base and performed well in debates. His spunky spouse is hilarious on social media. Then he makes the wise decision to drop out in March so as not to split the ticket when no path forward was clear and his health was deteriorating.

Pretty impressive.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:16 pm

When Elizabeth Warren finally comes to her senses this thread title will actually be true, although she's probably siphoning more votes from Bernie than Biden...

Bloomberg's the guy who could really help Uncle Joe by bowing out gracefully on Wednesday and providing funding through November...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:13 pm

Wow! They declared Biden the winner in Virginia and Sanders the winner in Vermont as soon as the polls closed.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:18 pm

Um, Sanders is from Vermont, right?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:25 pm

African-Americans in Virginia: 63% for Biden.

First-time voters in Virginia: Biden 36%, Bernie 32%.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:43 pm

NC to Uncle Joe \:D/

Nothing shocking so far

Bernie will end up winning the day, only question is by how much in places like CA and TX. Joe needs to pick up delegates everywhere he can and make it to the next round still in the ballgame on the 17th...
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:16 pm

Bloomberg talking like he's pulling out tomorrow - “As the results come in, here is what is clear,” Bloomberg said, “No matter how delegates we win tonight, we have done something no one else thought was possible.”
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:47 pm

Jerry's dogs get it.

jerry browns dogs.jpg

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:34 pm

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:40 pm

Looks like early voting and Bloomberg put a dent in Joe’s chance to win Calif. lots of early voters in Calif.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:16 pm

And in the Alabama Senate race:

Tommy Tuberville 33.61%
Jeff Sessions 31.47%

I think that means there will be a runoff.

Roy Moore - 7.56%. Didn't even get into the teens. :mrgreen:

I'll be here all week.

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:30 pm

Crazy milk ladies attack Joe Binden on stage tonight. #-o
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:19 pm

Only 74% in but Uncle Joe slowly building a lead in TX...amazing

Holding onto a narrow lead over Sanders in ME with 91% in

Hanging tough in CA as well, with 35% in he's now in 2nd ahead of Bloomberg, only 10 points behind Bernie
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:46 pm

Joe's new campaign theme
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:49 pm

Sen. Bernie Sanders has argued again and again that he can build the biggest coalition of voters — and when turnout is high, he wins. Tonight, neither of those were true.

Turnout was up — dramatically in some cases — and it favored Joe Biden. Particularly in the suburbs of Virginia, North Carolina and Texas.

Sanders has not shown that he can expand his coalition from 2016 — in many cases his votes have gone down.

One of the biggest takeaways of the night: Is there a ceiling on the Sanders’ coalition?

The Sanders campaign is pointing to California — holding out hope that gains there will overtake an overall disappointing night for Sanders — but that doesn’t change the fact that the Joe Biden coalition is growing.

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-n ... index.html
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:59 pm

Biden wins Texas, CNN projects :rockon:
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:03 am

John Q. Public wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:11 am
The "experts" at the John Q. Public Institute give Bernie Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Vermont, Utah and California and the (split) moderates Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia. Except Bernie's polling strong in Texas, so it's a maybe. It wouldn't be if some of the others would get out of the way. California would still go to Bernie, but Biden would be a whole lot stronger without the others sucking off the moderate votes.
Welp, it looks like the "experts" were wrong on Maine, Mass, Minn and Colorado, and the others did get out of the way and Biden won all of the southern states. So far. Bernie losing in the northern states this time tells me that Biden, should he get the nomination, will be a much stronger candidate than Hillary was. But that only makes sense. Between the roughly 30% who are Democrats and the 40% who are independents and moderate Republicans, nobody especially dislikes him. And African-Americans actually like him. At this (still early) point, it's looking like this could be a landslide.

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:19 am

Bloomberg will be out today.
Warren finished third in her home state?
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:00 am

And Bloomberg's out...

Mike Bloomberg Suspends His Presidential Campaign, Endorses Joe Biden

Michael Bloomberg, the billionaire former mayor of New York City who had spent hundreds of millions on ads during a 100-day presidential campaign, announced on Wednesday he's suspending his bid and is endorsing former Vice President Joe Biden.

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/04/81187364 ... t=nprml&f=

it's starting to look like Biden's going to be the nominee...
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:11 am

John Q. Public wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:16 pm
And in the Alabama Senate race:

Tommy Tuberville 33.61%
Jeff Sessions 31.47%
And today...

Trump tears into Jeff Sessions after former AG forced into runoff for old Senate seat

President Trump has little sympathy for former Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who now faces a runoff election after failing to secure a majority of votes in Tuesday's Alabama Senate primary.

Trump has a history of criticizing Sessions for recusing himself from the Russia investigation that cast a shadow over much of Trump's presidency before ultimately resulting in a lack of evidence that his campaign coordinated with Moscow in the 2016 election. Now, Trump is implying that Sessions deserves his current electoral struggles for not having the president's back.

"This is what happens to someone who loyally gets appointed Attorney General of the United States & then doesn’t have the wisdom or courage to stare down & end the phony Russia Witch Hunt," Trump tweeted, and included a link to a story about Sessions' runoff against former Auburn football coach Tommy Tuberville. He added: "Recuses himself on FIRST DAY in office, and the Mueller Scam begins!"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... enate-seat

I must say I do like watching trump shoot himself and his party in the foot...just makes you wonder how long they'll take it.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada