R they screwing Sanders again?

Tommy Tar

R they screwing Sanders again?

Post by Tommy Tar » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:07 pm

I needed to start a thread on this. They have been running caucuses for over a hundred years with little problems until the DNC took over.

Looks like Sanders was winning in NV and now the DNC software and hotline are not working just like Iowa. :eh?:
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Omar Bongo

Re: R they screwing Sanders again?

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:21 pm

I needed to start a thread on this

No, you didn't...put down the pipe

Sanders Wins Democratic Presidential Caucuses in Nevada

...Nevada Democrats sought to minimize problems by creating multiple redundancies in their reporting system, relying on results called in by phone, a paper worksheet filled out by caucus organizers, a photo of that worksheet sent in by text message and electronic results captured with a Google form. They relied on trusted commercial tech that appeared to smooth the process.

In addition, it appeared Nevada Democrats were able to successfully navigate a complicated process for adding early voting to the caucus process. Nearly 75,000 people cast early ballots over a four-day period, and the party was able to process those in time for Saturday so they could be integrated into the in-person vote...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/election ... r-BB10grr0
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:28 pm

MSNBC's Chris Matthews speculates Democrats may be better off with Trump as president than Sanders. :shock:

Yes. The news arm of the DNC is at work. :rockon:
Last edited by John Q. Public on Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unexplained link removed
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:56 pm

And you counter with the Washington ExaminerROFL

How about your RNC - they just flat out forbid people to vote for anyone but their hand-picked choice:

"While Democratic voters here will flock to caucus sites to express their preference in their party’s nominating contest, Republican voters will go about their day as normal.

That’s because the Republican Party voted last year to cancel its caucus.

The decision was made to help clear the path to re-election for President Donald Trump. By canceling its caucus, the party ensures that voters don’t have the opportunity to formally put their support behind a different Republican candidate for president.

Republican parties in at least three other states also canceled their primaries, as part of an effort to make the path more difficult for these challengers — and smoother for Trump...

https://news3lv.com/news/local/nevada-g ... ember-2020

Now that's democracy in action :lol:
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:54 am

The short answer is "NO!"
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:39 am

... and the long answer is "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO".

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:46 pm

Tommy's post sounds like it came from a Russian troll farm.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:50 pm

CNN.......

Lefty has last all control. \:D/

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:22 pm

Tommy Tar wrote:Lefty has last all control
I suggest you buy a vowel :lol:

We get it, you want to run against Sanders, but the guy's never been a Democrat in his life. So save your faux outrage for poor Bernie over party regulars not wanting him blowing up the coalition that's won every popular vote save one since 1992...you're not fooling anyone, all you're interested in is yourself
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:38 pm

What he said!

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:36 pm

https://www.democraticunderground.com/1287570665

So we're ALREADY trying to lower expectations and delegitimize South Carolina TOO?

IOWA: (PRE-SANDERS) "They've got a solid track record of picking the nominee! Since 1972, they've picked the nominee 7 out of 10 times!"

IOWA (POST-SANDERS) "It means nothing. The system was flawed, and the people are too white."
----------------------
NEW HAMPSHIRE (PRE-SANDERS) "They've got a solid track record of picking the nominee! Since 1952, they've picked the nominee 9 out of 15 times!"

NEW HAMPSHIRE (POST-SANDERS): "New Hampshire is too white, and Bernie lives next door. Besides, he only barely won! Just wait for Nevada. Now THAT'S a representative state."
----------------------
NEVADA (PRE-SANDERS): "First state in the West! Nevada is super representative with minorities! Finally they'll hava a voice! Plus all the unions!"

NEVADA (POST-SANDERS): "Flawed process! Russian interference! Tainted results! Yeah, Bernie got a higher percentage than the bottom three combined, but it was because they BULLIED people!"
----------------------
SOUTH CAROLINA (4 WEEKS AGO) "Biden's got this. It's his stronghold! Black voters are the core of the Democratic party! Finally minorities will have a voice!"

SOUTH CAROLINA (NOW): "It's an open primary! The Republicans are going to vote for Sanders cause THAT'S who they want to run against Trump! Plus the Russians! I wouldn't put to more importance on it!"
===========snip=============

Russia! Russia! Russia!!

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:28 pm

Your using the DU as a legitimate source?

That would be like me using Fox News claiming it as a legit news agency.

ROFL

Your faux concern is duly noted.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:53 pm

Can you say 3-martini lunch?
George Will

Donald Trump

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:48 pm

Now the down ballot is in play. :shock:

JACKSON, Miss. (WLBT) - The Mississippi Republican Party is welcoming some new members and all of them were elected public offices as Democrats or Independents in this most recent election cycle.

The Mississippi Republican Party Chairman says he doesn’t expect this will be the last time they are welcoming new members to the GOP.
====snip====

Sanders and Cortez. :rockon:

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:21 pm

And this has what to do with screwing Bernie Sanders? Maybe you knew no one would bother to click on a thread titled "New Mississippi Republicans"...

Anyway you might wanna do some research...most current MS Repubs are former Dems who switched when LBJ pushed through the Civil Rights Act

They fit right in with Trump's GOP...good riddance :rockon:
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:35 am

Mississippi is a ruby red state that has been totally governed by the GOP for decades. It also ranks last in just about every quality of life index and is considered one of the most dependent on federal spending.

Not sure I would be boasting about anyone switching parties to a group that has inflicted that level of suffering on its citizens.

But hey, they have their guns and fly their CSA flags proudly.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:31 am

Polling nuggets from Texas:

Bloomberg's hurting Biden more than the others, people under 45 strongly favor the progressives and don't much care for the moderates, and people *like* Warren but not so many want to vote for her.

With Bloomberg on the Texas ballot:
Biden 24
Bernie 24
Bloomberg 17
Warren 14
Buttigieg 10
Klobuchar 4
Gabbard 1
Steyer 1

Without Bloomberg on Texas ballot:
Biden 31
Bernie 25
Warren 17
Buttigieg 11
Klobuchar 7
Steyer 3
Gabbard 1

Latinos:
Bernie 27
Biden 23
Bloomberg 22

African Americans:
Biden 39
Bernie 21
Bloomberg 16

Age 18-45:
Bernie 42
Warren 21
Biden 11
Buttigieg 11
Bloomberg 8
Undecided 5
Klobuchar 2
Gabbard 1
Steyer 1

Approval/disapproval ratings:
Warren 66/19
Biden 64/18
Bernie 60/27
Bloomberg 41/39

Methodology: The Progress Texas/PPP survey of 1,045 likely Texas Democratic Primary voters was conducted by Public Policy Polling from Monday, Feb. 24, 2020 to Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2020 and has an overall margin of error of +/- 3 percentage points. The method of conducting the poll was 41% phone and 59% text message.

https://progresstexas.org/blog/poll-res ... -bloomberg
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:28 pm

So this is what this thread is all about?

Upstate GOP Leaders Plotting To Impact SC Democratic Primary By Boosting Bernie Sanders
Feb 4, 2020

A group of prominent Upstate Republicans is preparing to launch a wide-scale effort this week to encourage GOP voters across South Carolina to vote for U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders in the Feb. 29 Democratic primary, The Post and Courier has learned...

The Republican plan to impact the Democratic race, emerging just weeks before the “First in the South” primary, has two goals: Boost the candidate who the Republicans believe presents the weakest general election threat to President Donald Trump and pressure Democrats to support closing state primaries in the future...

The idea is inspired in part by conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh’s “Operation Chaos” in 2008, when he encouraged Republicans to vote for Hillary Clinton over Barack Obama in the Democratic primaries in order to keep her in the race and sow division among Democrats...

“I think we can easily affect the outcome,” (Greenville GOP chairman Nate) Leupp said. “This is going to catch on like wildfire.”

https://www.postandcourier.com/politics ... 2994c.html
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:38 pm

I volunteer to spike a voting machine in Mr. Leupp's face if Bernie's elected.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:23 am

Speculation on Twitter this morning about Bernie's running mate. Rashida Tlaib keeps coming up.

He's an ideologue, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he chose somebody in line with his thinking but not with the electorate's. (Where's that "chewing on fingernails" smiley?)