Don't look at me, I just work here.
broman

Re: COVID-19 Here We Go!

Post by broman »

--:--
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Ever get a chuckle from something that, when you think about it, isn't really funny? I had one of those today...

Francis Collins, director of the National Institutes of Health:

“How did we get here?” Collins began. “Imagine you were an alien who landed on planet Earth, and you saw that our planet was afflicted by an infectious-disease and that masks were an effective way to prevent the spread. And yet, when you went around, you saw some people not wearing them and some people wearing them.”

He added: “And you tried to figure out why, and it turned out it was their political party. And you would scratch your head and think, ‘This is just not a planet that has much promise for the future’ — if something that is so straightforward can somehow get twisted into decision-making that really makes no sense.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB18WEWe
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
broman

Post by broman »

The health department’s politically appointed communications aides have demanded the right to review and seek changes to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s weekly scientific reports charting he progress of the coronavirus pandemic, in what officials characterized as an attempt to intimidate the reports’ authors and water down their communications to health professionals.

In some cases, emails from communications aides to CDC Director Robert Redfield and other senior officials openly complained that the agency’s reports would undermine President Donald Trump's optimistic messages about the outbreak, according to emails reviewed by POLITICO and three people familiar with the situation.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/1 ... -19-412809

Trying to kill us all....
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

NEVADA
The federal government’s priority should be to:
Limit spread of coronavirus 49%
Restart economy 40%

What is the more important issue to you in the presidential race? Addressing ...
Law and order 52%
Coronavirus pandemic 39%

(New York Times/Siena College Poll, LV, 9/8-10/20)
https://pollingreport.com

Road trip! 78%
Fix the flat tire on the car 14%

(I made that last one up)
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Who do you believe?

Dr. Robert Redfield, the director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:

"If you're asking me when is it (a vaccine) going to be generally available to the American public...I think we're probably looking at third, late second quarter, third quarter 2021."

and

"...I might even go so far as to say that this face mask is more guaranteed to protect me against Covid than when I take a Covid vaccine, because the immunogenicity may be 70%. And if I don't get an immune response, the vaccine is not going to protect me. This face mask will," Redfield told lawmakers during public testimony..."

or Dr. donald j. trump, who told reporters Redfield was "confused" when he said that:

"I think he made a mistake when he said that. It's just incorrect information," trump said.

He also said Redfield's comments to Congress about masks possibly being more effective than a vaccine were incorrect and that Redfield may have misunderstood the question. "Maybe he misunderstood it," trump said.

and:

"As far as the masks are concerned, I hope that the vaccine is going to be a lot more beneficial than the masks."

https://us.cnn.com/2020/09/16/politics/ ... index.html

Hmm...the world's doctors and scientists, or a self-serving politician who spews lies and falsehoods like Niagara Falls...whom to believe? :-k
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump
broman

Post by broman »

Omar Bongo wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:22 pm Hmm...the world's doctors and scientists, or a self-serving politician who spews lies and falsehoods like Niagara Falls...whom to believe?
Trump tells Woodward on tape the virus is dangerous and a killer and he still can get his followers to pack into a closed arena to risk their lives and Trump brags about being protected. I still can't understand the logic. :eh?:
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

broman wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:42 am I still can't understand the logic.
Don't try.

To quote the great philosopher/poet Robert Plant.
Said there ain't no use in crying 'cause it will only, only drive you mad
Does it hurt to hear them lying?
Was this the only world you had? oh oh
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

President Donald Trump's administration posted controversial recommendations on coronavirus testing to the [Centers for Disease Control] website against its objections, the New York Times reported Thursday.

Those guidelines...said testing was not necessary for people who were exposed to Covid-19, but not displaying symptoms.

"[Trump's] Department of Health and Human Services did the rewriting and then 'dropped' it into the CDC's public website, flouting the agency's strict scientific review process," the newspaper said. ...The recommendation was posted to the CDC's website "despite their serious objections".

A federal official told the paper "That policy does not reflect what many people at the CDC feel should be the policy".

The Times said healthcare experts at the CDC had "serious objections" to the document, and noted that it contained "elementary errors" as well as recommendations "inconsistent" with the CDC's advice, making it obvious it came from elsewhere, a senior CDC scientist told the paper under condition of anonymity.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/tr ... =Peregrine
George Will

Donald Trump
broman

Post by broman »

Today we are back underplaying the virus. ](*,)
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

"I'm Joe Biden and I approved this message."
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

"It affects virtually nobody."

Aside from the 200,000 dead.

7,000,000 (and counting) infected. Many will have long term and permanent health issues.

We are doomed with four more years of this idiot.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt »

Anyone paying attention to this? And by "anyone", I mean republicans.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 2.49.16 PM.png
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Now we're at the point where Republicans are ridiculing people ('fraidy-cat libs, no doubt) for wearing masks in public. It can't just be simple ignorance of facts...how low can their personal self esteem/self-confidence be?
George Will

Donald Trump
ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt »

So apparently there’s mumbling of a second impeachment. Like the last one made any difference?
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Most excellent Fauci reply to Rand Paul this morning: "If you believe 22% is herd immunity, I believe you're alone in that"
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Fauci just ripped up Paul. Watching video of the distinguished gentleman from Kentucky it is understandable why his neighbor beat the crap out of him.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Bloomberg is reporting that Hope Hicks has Covid-19. She was quarantined on Air Force 1 on the way back from Donald's Minneapolis rally where she was, of course, maskless.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Trump and Melania are going to be in quarantine.

Thoughts and prayers.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Boy, so many questions.

The incubation time is 2-14 days, typically 3-5. Will he be quarantined that long? Is Pence quarantining? Should Pelosi be in isolation? What about all those people in the West Wing? Hoping he's negative but what if he actually gets it? Will he take it seriously now? Will his followers?