COVID-19 Here We Go!

ShiftyMutt

Re: COVID-19 Here We Go!

Post by ShiftyMutt »

John Q. Public wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:13 pm + Stephen Miller.
It’s jumped species :lol:
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

John Q. Public wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:13 pm + Stephen Miller.
Thoughts and prayers.
Stay loose, and be a little afraid.
Hanna

Covita

Post by Hanna »

The Lincoln Project

Geniuses, really

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Who was he saluting?

Someone in the crowd was holding up a cheeseburger
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Rep. Salud Carbajal announced Tuesday he tested positive for the coronavirus and said it came after he interacted indoors with Sen. Mike Lee, who revealed he had Covid-19 hours after President Donald Trump said he was diagnosed with the disease.

Carbajal, a Central Coast Democrat, said in a statement that he began to experience "mild symptoms" and subsequently tested positive after being exposed to someone with the virus.

His office later told POLITICO that Carbajal had interacted indoors in Washington with Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah), who announced his positive diagnosis Friday — hours after Trump's Covid-19 announcement. Since then, Lee's appearance at a Rose Garden event to formally announce the Supreme Court nomination of Amy Coney Barrett has been widely scrutinized, including video footage of Lee hugging attendees without a mask.

https://www.politico.com/states/califor ... on-1321724
The count, at the moment, seems to be either 18 or 24 depending on who you ask. I've seen both. Either way, statistically it's at the point that at least one of the people is likely to get seriously ill.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Forgive me if everyone else got this months ago and I missed it, but Wilson’s Vice President, during the Spanish Flu, was Thomas Marshall - former Indiana governor. That’s some coincidence.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

A top White House security official, Crede Bailey, is gravely ill with Covid-19 and has been hospitalized since September, according to four people familiar with his condition.

The White House has not publicly disclosed Bailey’s illness. He became sick before the Sept. 26 Rose Garden event President Donald Trump held to announce his Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett that has been connected to more than a dozen cases of the disease.

A White House spokesman declined to comment on Bailey. He is in charge of the White House security office, which handles credentialing for access to the White House and works closely with the U.S. Secret Service on security measures throughout the compound.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -september
ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt »

So Trump's doctor now says Trump is no longer infectious.
Then I see this (from an epidemiologist). How can they so widely differ??
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 7.17.26 PM.png
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Oh, BTW...I know it's distracting from the Hunter Biden Laptop National Emergency, but:

CDC: 75 percent of US Seeing Increases in COVID-19 Cases in 'Critical Phase' of Pandemic

"Unfortunately we're seeing a distressing trend here in the United States," Jay Butler, the CDC's deputy director for infectious diseases, said at a media briefing at the agency's headquarters in Atlanta.

Experts have worried about political interference within the CDC by the Trump administration as the agency presents an outlook of the pandemic that is not in line with the president's rosier predictions.

Trump said recently that the U.S. is "rounding the turn" on the pandemic, a statement that is demonstrably false as the U.S. approaches a new high in daily COVID-19 cases....with the U.S. confirming nearly 60,000 cases a day, nearing the record high set this summer during the wave in the South.

The frustration within the CDC among career officials has grown so high that Butler reportedly told co-workers that he was worried people might die "because of what we were forced to do," referencing the agency's watered-down guidance on attending worship services during the pandemic.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB1agC9R
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump
Foggy

Post by Foggy »

President Psychobozo, during his many years of Soviet education indoctrination, has apparently not been exposed to a thing we here in the United States call "the First Amendment" to the Constitution. Today he claimed it should be a crime for the media to spread news about the pandemic that has killed more than 225,000 Americans.
Talking Points Memo: Trump Wants COVID-19 Media Coverage To Be Illegal: ‘Should Be An Election Law Violation’

President Donald Trump argued on Monday morning that it ought to be against the law for the news media to cover the pandemic ahead of the elections as the COVID-19 death toll in the U.S. surpasses 225,000.

“We have made tremendous progress with the China Virus, but the Fake News refuses to talk about it this close to the Election,” he tweeted. “COVID, COVID, COVID is being used by them, in total coordination, in order to change our great early election numbers. Should be an election law violation!”

Amid his failure to address the pandemic, Trump has publicly griped several times about the media reporting on COVID-19, even going as far as calling CNN “dumb bastards” for doing so.

“You turn on CNN, that’s all they cover,” he ranted during a campaign rally in Arizona last week. “COVID, COVID, pandemic, COVID, COVID, COVID. You know why? They’re trying to talk everybody out of voting. People aren’t buying it, CNN, you dumb bastards.”

The President went on a similar tirade at another rally several days later in North Carolina.
I'm gonna miss that guy!! :lol:
I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Dayum, CNN!

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

So, will Republicans take Covid seriously if they can blame it on Biden?
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Kirstie who?
broman

Post by broman »

With three days to go in a campaign that's been dominated by the pandemic, President Donald Trump made the baseless and politically perilous claim that American doctors are profiting from Covid-19 deaths during a visit to the critical electoral region of the Midwest
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/31/politics ... index.html

If we can't beat this clown......
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

No shame...such a lowlife
George Will

Donald Trump
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Did you get yours yet?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

The best and the brightest.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Wow, he learned that Russia Today is part of Russian media?

But not before he went on Russia Today and told a lot of lies about America.

#-o
I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

George Will

Donald Trump
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

+ Ben Carson

Likely more to come from Don's election night gala.