ELECTION 2020

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: ELECTION 2020

Post by John Q. Public »

Only 4 months and change till inauguration day. I don't know what Pence could pardon him for. And Pence's chances of being re-elected would be about as bad as Kanye's.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

I was thinking that Trump would resign during the lame duck session when he realizes he has lost.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

That scheme is just soooooo banana republic.....which is precisely why with trump in charge it's so likely
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt »

Cohan also says that Trump didn’t want to win, but just to advance his brand. Like a giant infomercial on the global stage at our expense.

This is what the electoral college got us, someone who did’t even want to win.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

I believed that from the moment he was sitting next to Obama the Thursday after election day. His demeanor and look on his face said exactly that.
Attachments
161110-trump-white-house-mn-1245_3e26e2778af02706c44d63f6c358fc42.jpg
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

It sounds like opinion has shifted on this. Mine has.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

From our You Can't Make This **** Up Dept.:

broman

Post by broman »

During the speech, Trump compared his downplaying of the coronavirus to Churchill leading the British during the Battle of Britain.
https://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcaf ... +churchill

--:--
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Donald Trump has fallen further behind Joe Biden following bombshell reports that the president knowingly misled Americans about the dangers of COVID-19 and privately disparaged dead U.S. soldiers as “suckers” and “losers,” according to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll.

The survey, which was conducted from Sept. 9 to 11, shows Biden leading Trump by 10 percentage points among registered voters, 49 percent to 39 percent. The previous Yahoo News/YouGov poll found Biden ahead by just 6 points immediately after the Republican National Convention.

Asked if their opinion of Trump’s coronavirus response has changed because of Woodward’s big scoop — a tape of Trump privately acknowledging the virus was “deadly stuff” even as he publicly sought, in his own words, “to play it down”— nearly a quarter of Americans (23 percent) say yes.

Even 15 percent of those who voted for Trump in 2016 say the Woodward news has changed their mind about the president’s handling of the pandemic.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB18WMEO
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump
broman

Post by broman »

At a campaign rally in Freeland, Michigan, Trump claimed his opponent, Joe Biden, "will destroy your protections for pre-existing conditions." Trump went on to say that he would himself preserve these protections.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB18Wu5S
](*,)
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

He can say anything to them and they believe it.

And they call liberals "sheep."

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

George Will

Donald Trump
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Is this some kind of "make work" program for the federal prison system or what?

Edit: Twitter blocked the tweet, so here's a screencap.
vote twice.png
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

It turns out that NC, like most states, won't start counting mail-in ballots until polls close, so yes, he is telling people to vote twice.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Don's rally tonight was in Linden, NV, 50 miles south of Reno by limo, because the Reno airport denied him permission to hold a superspreader event there.

Linden, population 3,000 (no Walmart), is the county seat of Douglas County, named after Stephen A. Douglas who was the pro-slavery Democratic candidate who ran against Lincoln. It's also the home of the Douglas County Library, whose librarian included the words "Black Lives Matter" in a statement on diversity, which set off a statewide firestorm and prompted the County Sheriff to write her a letter telling her not to bother calling if she needed a cop.

The Black population of Linden is 0.3% (picture of him below) and it had a "sundown" law requiring non-white people to be off the streets when the siren went off at dusk until nineteen-freaking-seventy-four! But the locals missed the siren and brought it back in 2004. Ah, the good old days!

Jesus! Er, I mean MAGA.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

The 2020 GOP: Check your brain at the door.

Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Bloomberg is putting $100M of his own money into Florida. Meaning Trump will have to spend there and Biden will not.

The Whiner in Chief of course threw a fit on Twitter rebuking Bloomberg.

That just means he is scared.

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar »

Just another Trump rally.
President Elect Tommy Tar.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Given the lack of precautions I would say he is trying to kill us.

The event in Nevada is proof for anyone who's still denying the accusations against Trump that he didn't take the virus seriously at the beginning by saying that he now does, here is Exhibit A - he STILL doesn't take it seriously - except when it comes to the possibility that HE may be infected!

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Donald now pushing a four! Hour! Debate! On some pro-Trump guy's podcast.

Yeah. That's gonna happen. But the whole ploy is to fire up the base, so it'll work that way, I guess.