ELECTION 2020

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: ELECTION 2020

Post by John Q. Public »

Strange tweet. "President* Trump is coming to town Monday. We're trying to figure out why."

Don't look at me, I just work here.
ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt »

Apparently Pence has canceled his scheduled events in Indiana and going straight back to Washington.

Pink eye?
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

ShiftyMutt wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:29 pm Well, he wasn’t sick enough to stand in front of a green screen of the WH lawn for a few minuets.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Coughing Through Hannity Interview, Trump Says He Wants to Do Saturday Rally

During a Thursday night interview in which he repeatedly stopped to cough and catch his breath, President Donald Trump wouldn’t reveal whether he’s been tested since he was diagnosed with the coronavirus but did say he hopes to hold a campaign rally in Florida this Saturday night.

The president appeared to stifle a cough and gasp for air a bit while discussing the recent debate kerfuffle, even seeming to put his phone on mute for a few seconds. Later in the interview, the president’s voice grew muffled and raspy, and he cleared his throat and coughed several times.

“I think I’m going to try doing a rally on Saturday night if we can, if we have enough time to put it together, but we want to do a rally in Florida, probably in Florida on Saturday night, might come back and do one in Pennsylvania on the following night,” Trump said. “I feel so good!”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... =Peregrine

Unconfirmed reports circulating that when he said "I feel so good" he closed his eyes and clicked his heels 3 times...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

Buzzfeed is claiming that Trump waived the FOIA exemptions used to redact the Mueller Report and FBI documents, so they went to the court and requested unredacted copies. The DOJ has until the 13th to respond in opposition to Buzzfeed's motion. Get your popcorn.

https://lawandcrime.com/awkward/court-f ... ssia-docs/

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt »

And he's a *senator* ...

Someone check his pockets for a QAnon card.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 11.22.16 AM.png
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

A very obvious bug, at that.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

John Q. Public wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:58 am The Governor of Texas has ordered all of the state's ballot drop-off points closed except for one per county.
The District Court for West Texas blocked this today. Score 1 for democracy. For now.

https://www.democracydocket.com/wp-cont ... p.pl1_.pdf
ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt »

What if ... we abolished the office of the presidency?

Hammer things out with the 2 bodies (with majority/minority leaders) and a revolving Supreme Court.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

And just like that,
A federal appeals court on Saturday granted a temporary administrative stay, allowing Texas Gov. Greg Abbott's directive for one location per county for ballot drop boxes to remain in place for now.

The grant from the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit means the directive from Abbott, a Republican, will stand until the court has considered the state's motion for a stay on its merits.

"The district court's order undermines our election security, disrupts the democratic process, and will only lead to voter confusion. It cannot stand," Paxton said in the news release. "Mail-in ballots are particularly vulnerable to fraud. Protections that ensure their security must be upheld and my office will continue to fight for safe, free and fair elections."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/10/politics ... index.html
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

"The district court's order undermines our election security, disrupts the democratic process..."

Oh, irony ](*,)
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump
broman

Post by broman »

A federal appeals court on Saturday granted a temporary administrative stay, allowing Texas Gov. Greg Abbott's directive for one location per county for ballot drop boxes to remain in place for now.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/court ... r-BB19TWNk

I hope and pray that the "D's" have an organized ground game and social media game to deal with this nonsense. Passive voters not wanting to wait in line and ballot rejection could keep Trump in the White House.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Biden never counted on Texas to win. This is a reaction to what I am betting are the internal polls that show Texas much closer than anticipated. Close enough that steps had to be taken to ensure it stays for Trump.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Did anyone in North OC get this ad? If you did, was the name on it wrong?
chang mailer.jpg

Very eye catching. It was in a clear plastic envelope and it was from a Big Oil PAC supporting Ling Ling Chang. But the odd thing about it is that the names on the address labels all appear to be wrong/fake. Our local Facebook group is all atwitter (no pun intended) and some of the people are screaming about MASSIVE VOTER FRAUD, even though it couldn't possibly be. But I gotta ask - is that why they did it?
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Statistically speaking, "ouch."

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

California Republican Party Admits It Placed Misleading Ballot Boxes Around State

The California Republican Party has admitted responsibility for placing more than 50 deceptively labeled “official” drop boxes for mail-in ballots in Los Angeles, Fresno and Orange Counties — an action that state officials said was illegal and could lead to voter fraud.

The dark gray metal boxes have been popping up over the past two weeks near churches, gun shops and Republican Party offices, mostly in conservative areas of a deep-blue state, affixed with a white paper label identifying them as either an “Official Ballot Drop off Box” or a “Ballot Drop Box.”

To the average voter, they are virtually indistinguishable from drop-off sites sanctioned by the state, which are governed by strict regulations intended to prevent the partisan manipulation of ballots.

...Creating an illegal polling site [is] a felony punishable by up to four years in prison.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... =Peregrine
George Will

Donald Trump
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

I would have liked to have been a fly on that wall when that idea was pitched I the meeting of the party officials.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Of course T-rump and his caterwauling minions decry Democrats, without proof, of doing the same thing
George Will

Donald Trump
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Yeah, this will get that 65+ vote back. Great strategy, Don.