ELECTION 2020

Omar Bongo

Re: ELECTION 2020

Post by Omar Bongo »

New York Post Published Hunter Biden Report Amid Newsroom Doubts

The New York Post’s front-page article about Hunter Biden on Wednesday was written mostly by a staff reporter who refused to put his name on it, two Post employees said.

Bruce Golding, a reporter at the Rupert Murdoch-owned tabloid since 2007, did not allow his byline to be used because he had concerns over the article’s credibility, two Post employees said, speaking on the condition of anonymity out of fear of retaliation.

Coming late in a heated presidential campaign, the article suggested that Joseph R. Biden Jr. had used his position to enrich his son Hunter when he was vice president. The Post based the story on photos and documents the paper said it had taken from the hard drive of a laptop purportedly belonging to Hunter Biden.

Many Post staff members questioned whether the paper had done enough to verify the authenticity of the hard drive’s contents, said five people with knowledge of the tabloid’s inner workings.

The New York Times, The Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal have reported that they could not independently verify the data in the Post article, which included hedging language, referring at one point to an email “allegedly sent” to Hunter Biden.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/18/busi ... e=Homepage
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar »

Yesterday was a great at Lido. \:D/

President Elect Tommy Tar.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Two things.

Biden supporters are smart enough to avoid situations that might get them infected.

Biden has raised millions more than Trump from millions more individual donors.

Do you believe individual financial support is far better than rally attendance?

Do you believe Trump would rather have you attend his rally, or send him dollars?

He only went to Lido to shake the money tree from the well heeled set in OC.

Did you attend? Or was that out of your price range?
Last edited by Wabash on Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

The Lincoln Project targeting the all-important cholo demographic. Orale!
I have a feeling the video isn't in wide circulation. I saw a video of Mike Madrid saying it was targeted at "a certain class of macho Hispanic male" who's inclined to like Trump because he's a "badass." They didn't tweet it and I don't see it on their website; I went looking for it and found it on Olmos' Twitter feed. I really have to wonder if it would appeal to Mexican-Americans outside of California and it definitely isn't aimed at Cubans, Puerto Ricans or South Americans. But I know a lot of the guys it is targeted at, so good ad! :thumbsup:
Don't look at me, I just work here.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Okay, they are tweeting it widely. Maybe yesterday was a preview for Olmos fans. Holding out for the Danny Trejo version.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Semi-related: I saw a report of a fire in a drop box in Baldwin Park. Details to come.
Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar »

And Joe is back in the basement and Harris is MIA :eh?:
Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar »

Wabash wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:46 am Biden supporters are smart enough to avoid situations that might get them infected.

Biden has raised millions more than Trump from millions more individual donors.

Do you believe individual financial support is far better than rally attendance?

Do you believe Trump would rather have you attend his rally, or send him dollars?

He only went to Lido to shake the money tree from the well heeled set in OC.

Did you attend? Or was that out of your price range?
A 70+ year old fat man gets the virus and two days later he's back to work.

Live in fear Wabash. :notworthy:
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

You seem to think you have better insurance than you do.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Statement from the LA County Registrar of Voters:

LOS ANGELES – Today Los Angeles County Supervisor Hilda Solis and Los Angeles County RegistrarRecorder/County Clerk Dean C. Logan responded to an incident last night where a Vote by Mail Drop Box located outside the Baldwin Park Library on Baldwin Park Boulevard was damaged by fire. The
incident is being investigated as arson.

The Los Angeles County Registrar’s office immediately requested an investigation through local law
enforcement and has reported the incident both to the FBI and the Attorney General for investigation
and to obtain all available footage to determine the cause of the fire.

The Registrar’s office has acquired and is reviewing all material collected to determine the appropriate
notifications to voters whose ballots may have been impacted and will ensure they can exercise their
fundamental right to vote. Additionally, the damaged drop box location has been closed.

“The arson of an official ballot drop box by the Baldwin Park Library in the First District has all the signs
of an attempt to disenfranchise voters and call into question the security of our elections,” said Los
Angeles County Supervisor Hilda L. Solis. “Tampering, or attempts to tamper, with our democracy will
not be tolerated. Rest assured, LA County residents’ voices will be heard when they vote, including in
this election. Every lawful ballot will be counted, and residents can register to vote by today’s deadline
at LAVote.net. Voters can call the County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk if they submitted their ballot
at the Baldwin Park Library Dropbox to verify their ballot was received and take any remedial
measures.”

https://lavote.net/docs/rrcc/news-relea ... n-park.pdf
ventura

Post by ventura »

Since there is a common theme of criticism for Trump rallies' irresponsibility (though the BLM protests seem to have escaped similar treatment), I link this

though I don't imagine any of the Biden camp will give it a listen, and I expect derisive name calling will be raining in from many quarters

weird that a very physically fit Cuomo was so knocked out by COVID, and an out of shape 74 year old appears to have survived it without much trouble
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Tommy Tar wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:43 am A 70+ year old fat man gets the virus and two days later he's back to work.

Live in fear Wabash.
If I had access to the same level of healthcare as the 70+ year old fat man I would not worry either.

Assuming he ever had it.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

broman

Post by broman »

Seeing some distive patterns with my pro Trump social media friends and family

1. Digging deeper into the God made Trump president/ Biblical prophecies arguments.
2. Completely ignore Covid 19.
3. Blame Obama/Hillary for a policy Trump continued.
4. Surprisingly, very little Hunter Biden.
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

Tommy Tar wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:43 am A 70+ year old fat man gets the virus and two days later he's back to work.
Sure, and no doubt he got the same treatment you'd get if you were infected.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

ventura wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:00 pm Since there is a common theme of criticism for Trump rallies' irresponsibility (though the BLM protests seem to have escaped similar treatment), I link this...
Given that you start your post with a ridiculous argument comparing protesting to attending a political rally why would anyone waste their time with the video?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada
ventura

Post by ventura »

"why would anyone waste their time with the video?"

just to consider the possibility of another doctor's take on COVID? I knew it was too much to ask, vilepagan
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

I will trust the institutions that have served us well for decades. The NIH and CDC being two of them.

broman

Post by broman »

“They're getting tired of the pandemic, aren't we? You turn on CNN. That's all they cover,” he said to boos. “Covid, covid, pandemic. Covid, covid, covid. They're trying to talk people out of voting.”

“People aren't buying it, CNN, you dumb bastards,” as the president again downplayed the virus – and got a loud cheer.
https://news.yahoo.com/dumb-b-trump-lay ... 08451.html

Apparently, Trump followers are willing to trust the laws of Social Darwinism and be one of the strong one who get through the pandemic by shall will and force or die as a Trumpian martyr.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

ventura wrote:I don't imagine any of the Biden camp will give it a listen
Your instincts are good, I have no desire to spend time watching/listening to ads posted here by the trump camp

If you took a minute to explain what it was about, I would read that...
Last edited by Omar Bongo on Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
ventura

Post by ventura »

"Your instincts are good, I have no desire to spend time watching/listening to ads posted by the trump camp"

You are not going to learn anything unless you step out of your own group occasionally. I've learned from spending time with all of you guys who think the same way on this board, with the exception of tommy and the independent thinking of joe, even though he appears to land with the rest of you as a result.

The link I posted is from doctors who disagree with the handling of COVID. You can't argue with them unless you carefully consider their claims. Those in the left camp (not liberals, who take the time to listen and have an exchange, say like a Joe Rogan or a Dave Rubin) will not have an exchange. They are the flip side of a Sean Hannity. Eyes closed tightly and hands clamped firmly on both ears.