ELECTION 2020

Omar Bongo

Re: ELECTION 2020

Post by Omar Bongo »

I edited my post while you were typing yours...thanks for explaining

You are not going to learn anything unless you step out of your own group occasionally.

Indeed. Contrary to your implication, I do that frequently, thank you very much.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

ventura wrote:Those in the left camp (not liberals, who take the time to listen and have an exchange, say like a Joe Rogan or a Dave Rubin) will not have an exchange. They are the flip side of a Sean Hannity. Eyes closed tightly and hands clamped firmly on both ears.
Do they do that as they declare "I'm done with you"?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Ditto here. I'm not going to spend 7:31 of my life watching what the poster makes sound like a Q-Anon video.
ventura wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:00 pm Since there is a common theme of criticism for Trump rallies' irresponsibility (though the BLM protests seem to have escaped similar treatment)....
I'm not a fan of whataboutism and I'm less of a fan of apples-to-oranges whataboutism. I'll consider looking into your point when the Biden campaign puts on a BLM protest. Until then I'll just hope I don't come in contact with any of the people at Trump's rallies or any of the chains of people they might spread the disease to.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
ventura

Post by ventura »

"Ditto here."

Color me shocked.

You guys are in freaking lock step on this site.

And I'll be happy for you guys to link me unequivocal denunciation from Biden or Harris of the destruction and mayhem caused by the riots associated with BLM. Unequivocal, with no "yeah buts".
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

TWO people decline to take the time to watch your video = "You guys are in freaking lock step on this site"???

Umm, okay... :roll:
George Will

Donald Trump
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Omar Bongo wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:54 pm You guys are in freaking lock step on this site.
Make that three of us.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Guaranteed "the truth they don't want you to hear" isn't going to be the truth. It was funny when the Weekly World News did it but it isn't anymore.

I don't make a habit of doing people's googling for them but here ya go: https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-fact ... SKBN25V2O1
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

ventura wrote:And I'll be happy for you guys to link me unequivocal denunciation from Biden or Harris of the destruction and mayhem caused by the riots associated with BLM. Unequivocal, with no "yeah buts".
If ventura dared to click your link he must be doing cartwheels right now...Image
George Will

Donald Trump
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Interesting analysis at CNN.com comparing selected states trump won in 2016 with where he stands now...

Michigan, 16 electoral votes. Trump won in 2016, now leans Biden.

Wisconsin, 10 electoral votes. Trump won in 2016, now leans Biden.

Pennsylvania, 20 electoral votes. Trump won in 2016, leans Biden.

Arizona, 11 electoral votes. Trump won in 2016, leans Biden.

Iowa, 6 electoral votes. Trump won in 2016, now a toss-up.

Ohio, 18 electoral votes. Trump won in 2016, now a toss-up.

North Carolina, 15 electoral votes. Trump won in 2016, toss-up.

Georgia, 16 electoral votes. Trump won in 2016, toss-up.

Florida, 29 electoral votes. Trump won in 2016, toss-up.

If Biden flips just 3 of those he wins...

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/19/worl ... index.html
George Will

Donald Trump
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Nearly 300 former National Security Officials Sign Biden Endorsement Letter

The 291 new signatures announced Tuesday join 489 national security leaders who previously endorsed former Vice President Biden as having "the character, principles, wisdom and leadership necessary to address a world on fire."

The new signatures on the endorsement letter also include former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge (R), who served as the first Homeland Security secretary under George W. Bush and previously announced he was voting for Biden.

The new endorsements also add 81 retired general and flag officers, bringing the total number to 284 retired officers on the letter.

The first batch of signatures on the letter made headlines for including former vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Paul Selva and former Coast Guard Commandant Adm. Paul Zukunft, both of whom served under Trump.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... =Peregrine

Let's see now..."character, principles, wisdom and leadership", or trump...hmm :-k
George Will

Donald Trump
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Trump's campaign has had difficulty finding something that sticks.

Biden has dementia - did not work (especially after his disastrous debate and town hall performances)
Unmasking probe - Barr will not issue report because there was nothing incriminating
Pompeo to release Clinton emails - Clinton not on the ballot.
Guiliani release emails from Hunter Biden - emails are fake.
Vaccine - no pharma company has one ready.
Covid-19 Stimulus - Unlikely with McConnell.

As a result the President has spent much time savaging Pompeo, threatening Barr, and cursing Mnuchin for failing to "come home with the bacon." This is how the President responds when things are going very badly—he looks for someone to blame.

An October surprise seems unlikely.

More than one analysis has revealed that he has problems in the must win state of Florida. Seniors are turned off by the rhetoric that they are expendable (who knew?). They also do not like his snarky remarks about Biden being in his 70's.

2.5 million people have already voted in FL. Right now the returned D ballots are roughly equal to all others combined. The attacks on voting by mail may make sense. As a strategic matter, they are incredibly unwise. People who resist voting by mail and, in particular, people who insist on voting on Nov. 3, are more likely to be dissuaded from voting at all by any manner of concerns, among them: bad weather, traffic, pessimism about their candidate's chances, and, personal issues like a broken-down car or a bad night's sleep. Given that the Democrats are building a huge lead among early voters, Trump 2020 really needs the base to turn out in force on (and before) Election Day.

Apparently, the RNC is using robocalls to encourage supporters to use absentee voting. Even the Trump campaign is sending out mailers encouraging voters to take advantage of early-voting opportunities.

Either way, as each day goes by the hole to climb out of on election day is getting deeper for the president.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

ventura wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:08 pm "why would anyone waste their time with the video?"

just to consider the possibility of another doctor's take on COVID? I knew it was too much to ask, vilepagan
Ok, let's try this a little differently. Would you entertain a discussion about lunar geology with a person who put forward the notion that the moon was made of green cheese? I don't think you would nor do I think you'd give the argument much respect. When you make an argument worthy of my time I'll join you in the discussion. When you make an argument as badly as you did you'll get my ridicule.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Newsweek headline;
Donald Trump Says China Will Pay for Stimulus Bill: 'They're the Ones That Caused This Problem'
And Mexico paid for the wall. Let's do lunch. I will never (fill in the blank) in your mouth.

ventura

Post by ventura »

Vilepagan wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:27 am ventura wrote: ↑Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:08 pm
"why would anyone waste their time with the video?"

just to consider the possibility of another doctor's take on COVID? I knew it was too much to ask, vilepagan

Ok, let's try this a little differently. Would you entertain a discussion about lunar geology with a person who put forward the notion that the moon was made of green cheese? I don't think you would nor do I think you'd give the argument much respect. When you make an argument worthy of my time I'll join you in the discussion. When you make an argument as badly as you did you'll get my ridicule.
FINALLY! I got one of you robots to listen for 7 minutes. She made many statements. Why don't you pick one or two and maybe we can have a discussion.

Ooops. Just reread your note. When you wrote let's do something different I thought you meant you were going to listen to another opinion. My bad. It was an exciting prospect though.
ventura

Post by ventura »

Omar Bongo wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:19 pm Interesting analysis at CNN.com comparing selected states trump won in 2016 with where he stands now...
You might want to check Rachel Maddow a little over four years ago. History can teach. I won't link it. I know you hate that.
ventura

Post by ventura »

Omar Bongo wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:08 pm ventura wrote:
And I'll be happy for you guys to link me unequivocal denunciation from Biden or Harris of the destruction and mayhem caused by the riots associated with BLM. Unequivocal, with no "yeah buts".

If ventura dared to click your link he must be doing cartwheels right now...
Yeah I clicked. Listened to about 20 minutes of his speeches. I've been writing repeatedly that I'm different from you, John Q, vilepagan and others - I actually see what others say.

Yes, he said not to riot. You are right. But the I can't breathe speech was so inflammatory that qualifies as an equivocation. If I believed America is as racist as Biden is spouting it is, I might take to the streets myself.

Trump is not a racist. America is not racist. I can't make any of you change your ideology. I don't even know why I bother.

I don't think Biden's race baiting is a winning issue. I was sure Trump was going to lose, badly, four years ago (maybe I watched too much CNN :wink: ). I'm not sure about this election at all. If I'm not mistaken, Trump has a higher percentage of the black vote than any recent republican presidential candidate. Slowly people are starting to be exposed to Larry Elder, Candace Owens, Jason Whitlock (great sports journalist), and older, classical thinkers like Sowell and Williams, and realizing the patronizing of "you ain't black" Biden is just that.

I heard Lebron read or is reading about the life of Malcom X. Hope springs eternal.

Gotta work.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

ventura wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:41 am Trump is not a racist. America is not racist. I can't make any of you change your ideology. I don't even know why I bother.
Says the white person who has never had to worry about being arrested for drinking at the wrong fountain.

Wabash

Post by Wabash »

ventura wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:41 am I was sure Trump was going to lose, badly, four years ago (maybe I watched too much CNN :wink: ).
Why? The polls showed him within the margin of error as election day got closer.

ventura

Post by ventura »

Wabash wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:58 am ventura wrote: ↑Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:41 am
Trump is not a racist. America is not racist. I can't make any of you change your ideology. I don't even know why I bother.

Says the white person who has never had to worry about being arrested for drinking at the wrong fountain.
brilliant
ventura

Post by ventura »

Wabash wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:59 am ventura wrote: ↑Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:41 am
I was sure Trump was going to lose, badly, four years ago (maybe I watched too much CNN :wink: ).

Why? The polls showed him within the margin of error as election day got closer.
check youtubes of election night - Maddow lost her sh**. (Uh oh - they may have been removed.) If you don't think she was sucker punched, along with the rest of the media outside Fox, your memory is faulty. So much could they not believe it, that a recount in two or three states was done. That started a four year long attempt to overturn the election. I can't come close to recounting the stuff your side did to try to overturn an election that was won by I think over 70 electoral votes. One thing after another.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/284285/new ... -life.aspx

the above Gallup is from Feb. of this year. Then the pandemic hit.