ELECTION 2020

ventura

Re: ELECTION 2020

Post by ventura »

why does it take so long for the quote marks to show?

anyway, this guy isn't accusing anyone of being lazy, and he's black

he's accusing white liberals of type casting blacks - if you don't want to turn sound on, that's your choice, and I'm not going to try to look up a thread with Omar
Fordama

Post by Fordama »

ventura wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:44 pm I know how most of you guys think about Tucker Carlson.
One of the great headlines ever:

Fox News won a court case by 'persuasively' arguing that no 'reasonable viewer' takes Tucker Carlson seriously
The story here, if you're interested.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-new ... son-2020-9
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Sooooo, Tucker could be President*?
Don't look at me, I just work here.
ventura

Post by ventura »

I read it Fordama. But I wonder what you thought of the 16 year old pregnancy story. She was a paid shill, and Tyler's comments were fabricated? I would assume this is your opinion by what you posted.

Good night. As always, it was stimulating. Hopefully I can keep off this board tomorrow. I have to make money to pay for all the dems programs, and all the dem voters government jobs.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

ventura wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:00 pm ...if you don't want to turn sound on, that's your choice....
It isn't so much that I don't want to turn my sound on, it's that I get yelled at if I do. Smallish speakers; big sound.
ventura

Post by ventura »

Fordama - I've come to revere JFK and Robert. We have that in common.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

ventura wrote:I know how most of you guys think about Tucker Carlson
No you don't, you just like to lump people who disagree with you together into some monolithic adversary
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Interesting map tweeted by the NY Times. Red dots where you expect them but a lot of blue ones where you don't. Salt Lake. Boise. Tucumcari? Iowa, Wisconsin and West Virginia bluer than they are red. Who'da thunk it?
2020 donation map.jpg
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

ventura wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:44 pm It's one of the primary reasons I've become a Trump fan.
And that reason is?
Whatever his motives are, he is more pro life than any president I've become acquainted with. Including Reagan.
1. No he's not.

2. It really doesn't matter to you what his motives are?

3. Are you saying we all should do something because Steven Tyler says he made a mistake 40+ years ago?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada
Foggy

Post by Foggy »

ventura wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:18 pm Hopefully I can keep off this board tomorrow. I have to make money to pay for all the dems programs, and all the dem voters government jobs.
Where's my violin?
In /dev/null no one can hear you scream.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

ventura wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:18 pm I have to make money to pay for all the dems programs, and all the dem voters government jobs.
Does that include those serving in the military?

Or how about these Dem programs?
Free Stuff.jpg
Or these Dem programs?
More Free Stuff.jpg
Or this one?
Welfare Checks.jpg
Or this group of Dems?
Owsley County, KY.jpg
Or do you mean different Dem programs?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
broman

Post by broman »

Kavanaugh showing his cards in Wisconsin

States with Election-Day ballot deadlines “want to avoid the chaos and suspicions of impropriety that can ensue if thousands of absentee ballots flow in after election day and potentially flip the results of an election,” Kavanaugh wrote. “And those States also want to be able to definitively announce the results of the election on election night, or as soon as possible thereafter.”

The move had the practical effect of making it more likely that thousands of voters will see their ballots rejected in the general election. During the April primary, some 80,000 ballots postmarked by Election Day arrived in the week after the primary.
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/trum ... n-disputes
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

He cited Bush v Gore. Which clearly states in the SCOTUS opinion;
Our consideration is limited to the present circumstances, for the problem of equal protection in election processes generally presents many complexities.
Good to know that it really was a precedent to be used in the future.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Kavanaugh wrote: “And those States also want to be able to definitively announce the results of the election on election night, or as soon as possible thereafter.”
States don't announce the results until freaking December. A SCOTUS Justice should know that. Apparently that was one of many mistakes in his Opinion.
broman

Post by broman »

the latest in a string of Trump attacks against Gretchen Whitmer, the Democratic governor of a crucial swing state.

“Hey, I’m the one — It was our people that helped her out with her problem,” Trump told a rally in Lansing, referring to the alleged kidnapping plot in which six men have been charged federally and eight more face state terrorism charges.

“And we’ll have to see if it’s a problem, right? People are entitled to say, ‘Maybe it was a problem, maybe it wasn’t,’” the President added. “It was our people, my people, our people, that helped her out. And then she blamed me for it.”
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/trum ... -after-all

How decent folks can still be associated with this nonsense is beyond me. Militia plots to kidnap their Governor and these cult members are yelling to lock her up. :steam:
Fordama

Post by Fordama »

ventura wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:18 pm I read it Fordama. But I wonder what you thought of the 16 year old pregnancy story.
What did you think about the last Tosh.0? After all, a story there should be taken just as seriously.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

“Hey, I’m the one — It was our people that helped her out with her problem...and we’ll have to see if it’s a problem, right? People are entitled to say, ‘Maybe it was a problem, maybe it wasn’t,’”

Google translate:

"It was, or maybe wasn't, a problem. I don't know, you tell me. But if it was, or what the hell, even if it wasn't a problem, I, er, my, eh, our people helped her out with it! Big time!!"
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump
credofriar

Post by credofriar »

Why are news media’s like msnbc and cnn falling all over themselves try to convince people trump is so bad. It feels like every minute of every show. Trump loves the publicity good or bad.
Don’t they know mostly die hard liberals are the ones watching their shows?
Do they not believe there own polls? It’s feels very propaganda-ish

Those two networks are literally DNC affiliates.

I highly doubt trump wins but if he does these “state” newscasters will loose their poop.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

It only goes one way with you?
George Will

Donald Trump
Foggy

Post by Foggy »

credofriar wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:12 am Why are news media’s like msnbc and cnn falling all over themselves try to convince people trump is so bad. It feels like every minute of every show.
Just curious, why do you watch MSNBC and CNN "every minute of every show"?

How do you even do that? Do you have two Tee Vees side by side so you can watch both channels?

If you don't like those channels, why do you make yourself suffer SO MUCH?

One reason I'm curious: I don't watch Tee Vee, period. The last thing I watched on Tee Vee -- and only because my wife and I had a guest over for dinner who wanted to watch it, and I was being polite -- was the first debate between Obama and Rmoney back in 2012. Anything I really need to see, I can watch on YouTube without commercials.
In /dev/null no one can hear you scream.