ELECTION 2020

Omar Bongo

Re: ELECTION 2020

Post by Omar Bongo »

The trump's only chance is to deny people who don't support him the right to have their votes counted...be proud, GOP

"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
Foggy

Post by Foggy »

I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

At 59, a one-dribble 3 in street clothes from the corner...f'n amazing
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
Foggy

Post by Foggy »

That dude was my president. :D
ventura

Post by ventura »

Vilepagan wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:49 am ventura wrote: ↑Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:55 pm
Voting is a privilege, it should be valued as a privilege, and if one can't realize that and act responsibly in advance to get their vote in, they shouldn't vote.

No, voting is NOT a privilege it is the the most fundamental right that defines our democracy. That you view this right as a privilege means your opinions about who should be voting or how we should run our elections are suspect as well.
Meant to comment on this a week ago. Either Vilepagan thinks I'm REALLY stupid (teed that one up for you, right?), or he again mischaracterizes a comment to "win a debate". I suspect the latter from what I've read, generally, on responses to my comments on this board, with the exception of some, like JQP and Joe.

Our voting rights ABSOLUTELY should be seen as a cherished privilege in this free country of ours. I strongly disagree with Joe and others who think having voters value that privilege at least to the extent that they must have a minimal degree of organization to do it within agreed guidelines once every four years is "voter suppression". I'd like to think I'd join many conservatives of color, or of a lower economic scale, in saying it is patronizing and demeaning for someone to assume they don't have the wherewithal to vote responsibly by going to the polling place with an ID.

I hate all the ads and signs telling everyone to vote. If you need a reminder, don't bother. Again, to think this a racist or an elitist sentiment is patronizing and demeaning to minorities and those on the lower economic scale. I think you are calling them out as lazy, or stupid. A Candace Owns or a Larry Elder would agree. Not to mention civil rights lawyer Leo Terrell, a former dem who left their "plantation", as Owens refers to it.

I'm sticking to my belief that the change in procedure this election causes confusion and therefore leaves us open to a revolt from either side, should the results be close. Playing with fire.
ventura

Post by ventura »

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:18 pm
At 59, a one-dribble 3 in street clothes from the corner...f'n amazing
[/quote

If Obamacare is his eight year legacy, it was an f'n airball. I look on the internet for opinions/stats on the subject, and get the same confusing, polarized gobble d goop, so I can only go on my personal experience: more than double my costs and much worse coverage, as I clearly outlined. What I wrote in my response to Foggy was the pure facts for me and for my staff. Nonfiction, nonpartisan. A terrible change for me.

One other thing - the life long family doctor friend who no longer accepts my plan, a Trump hater, would have quit his profession after Obamacare if he wasn't such a good man. He just wants to help people and he's always lamented the bureaucracy he has to take time hassling with. That went from being hard to manage to being an absolute joke with Obamacare. Thanks, pres.

That was an impressive shot, though. He should have done something else with his life, looks like.
ventura

Post by ventura »

I've been away for a couple of days, but reading this thread I'm getting a bit of an impression of worry from the Harris/Biden camp. Aren't the dems spending a sh*t ton more money than the GOP? If they can't pull it out it will be an eyebrow raiser.

I think one of the dem guys on here trotted out a comment alluding to Trump deplorables, ("idiot followers") from the good ol' Hillary days. Also something about college guys really going for the left at the polls....boy what a shocker. I kept close eyes on my kids education, a small part of the time in the public system. Even in Ventura Co., kind of a conservative leaning area, it was indoctrination sprinked in with a smattering of education. After high school, most colleges are indoctrination on steroids for all but a few fields of learning. It would be interesting to know the stats on political affiliation for tenured professors at the "prestigious" college campuses.

What a travesty it all has become. My dad didn't go to college, and graduated from HS in 1940 with knowledge of English, Math, our political system etc. that ran circles around your average college grad today. No exaggeration. I have some of his 9th grade work here at the office and look through it from time to time to remind be how much our Dept. of "Education" has failed.

Yeah, Trump guys - knuckle draggers. Keep thinking that.
Last edited by ventura on Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

ventura wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:16 am Our voting rights ABSOLUTELY should be seen as a cherished privilege in this free country of ours.
I'm going to assume the word you're looking for is "blessing." If not, I'll agree with the others.

I disagree on voter ID. You identify yourself in many ways before you get to the polls, where you identify yourself by name and address and you sign the roll before you're given your ballot. That signature can be cross-checked with a number of documents to verify if it's authentic and you can be charged with a felony if it isn't. That should be sufficient if it needs to be verified. It wasn't that long ago that many state's drivers licenses didn't even have pictures on them. My parent's licenses in both Georgia and New Jersey looked like they were typed up on file cards. My Freddie Blassie Fan Club card looked more official.

I'm thrilled with the get out the vote campaigns and with the results they're showing, regardless of who wins. At least we'll have a shot at our government representing the majority of Americans for a change.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

ventura wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:52 am I'd like to think I'd join many conservatives of color, or of a lower economic scale, in saying it is patronizing and demeaning for someone to assume they don't have the wherewithal to vote responsibly by going to the polling place with an ID.
Nobody is making assumptions. The studies have been done and the data is readily available. If people don't like what the numbers say, then that's telling. Numbers aren't patronizing or demeaning.
ventura wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:16 amCandace Owns
A few years ago she was a never trumper. And according to family members, she's often paid to post and say the things she does. I've heard her spew too much disinformation to ever take her seriously. She has an agenda, and it's not truth.
Foggy

Post by Foggy »

A privilege - like a driver's license - can be taken away from you for various reasons, like refusing to buy insurance. A right can only be taken away if you are convicted of a crime. There are two different amendments to the US Constitution that explicitly say voting is a right - the 19th and the 26th. If you don't think voting is a right, you are sadly out of step with American law.
ventura

Post by ventura »

yes, JQP, a blessing - probably a better word for it

Americans are privileged to have that blessing :wink: semantics

I don't want high voter turn out if the voters had to be poked and prodded to accomplish it - a philosophical difference we'll just have to live with between us, I believe

is it a bad analogy to say low interest voters would be more likely to be talked into a terrible voting choice, say a Hitler? just a thought experiment - many of you guys might consider this, since lots of you appear to think Trump voters are low intelligence, if not low interest, and Trump as close to Hitler as American can get
Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Hitler was a physically brave soldier. Trump is a pathetic coward.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

ventura wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:42 am since lots of you appear to think Trump voters are low intelligence,
There is significant research that shows one's level of education and support for Trump are inversely related.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Foggy wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:52 am Hitler was a physically brave soldier. Trump is a pathetic coward.
True. He refused to use gas against enemy troops in WW II because he had been gassed in WW I.

The rest of him was pretty despicable.

Except for the vegetarian part.

But he was still pretty despicable otherwise.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

ventura

Post by ventura »

joefutbol wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:17 am A few years ago she was a never trumper. And according to family members, she's often paid to post and say the things she does. I've heard her spew too much disinformation to ever take her seriously. She has an agenda, and it's not truth.
This does a disservice to your intellect, Joe. I would imagine you could look at many of Candace's statements that may be statistically inaccurate - she's young and under attack for deserting the left, so I'd be surprised if she hasn't regretted some of her own comments. You should attack her political, philosophical and cultural positions rather than hinting she switched from being a never-Trumper for money. Beneath you.

Her position on abortion rights has 180'd. She makes devastating attacks on Margaret Sanger, Planned Parenthood, and the statistics connected with percentages of abortions by race. And as I've stated, Trump has been more pro life than any president in my life, and if it was pure politics, it's still a welcome change from previous GOP presidents.
ventura

Post by ventura »

Foggy wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:52 am Hitler was a physically brave soldier. Trump is a pathetic coward.
I don't know about Trump's record in comparison with a Clinton, a Bush Jr., or Obama, militarily.

But he has bigger balls than just about all horrific "civil servants" that occupy both sides of the aisle in the swamp that is our political system - bigger balls just for fighting these serpents, again on both sides of the aisle, for 4+ years.
ventura

Post by ventura »

Wabash wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:53 am ventura wrote: ↑Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:42 am
since lots of you appear to think Trump voters are low intelligence,

There is significant research that shows one's level of education and support for Trump are inversely related.
Hence the second paragraph of my 9:52 AM post
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Your post at 9:52a reinforces my point about education level.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

ventura wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:55 am This does a disservice to your intellect, Joe. I would imagine you could look at many of Candace's statements that may be statistically inaccurate
If you agree you could look at many of her statements and call them inaccurate (I call that lying), then how is it a disservice to my intellect to say she's full of it? Doesn't that make me... correct?
ventura wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:55 am Her position on abortion rights has 180'd
And that doesn't strike you as... odd?
ventura wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:55 am She makes devastating attacks on Margaret Sanger, Planned Parenthood, and the statistics connected with percentages of abortions by race.
Right. That's what gets views on the old youtube and instagram accounts. Veiws = dollars.

A friend of mine was on a reality tv show and is now an instagram "influencer." She gets paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to pretend she likes and uses certain products that she doesn't use and never knew existed. And you don't think Candace Owens could be doing that because you happen to agree with what she's promoting?

Buicks are great cars, but does anyone think Tiger Woods actually drove one? Would that be beneath me to think he didn't?
ventura

Post by ventura »

joefutbol wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:33 am If you agree you could look at many of her statements and call them inaccurate (I call that lying), then how is it a disservice to my intellect to say she's full of it? Doesn't that make me... correct?
no no no no you cherry picked my first paragraph - frustrating

I know you are a stats guy but I'm talking about her personal integrity

when people attack that without addressing her positions' merit, it's a dishonest exchange