ELECTION 2020

Omar Bongo

Re: ELECTION 2020

Post by Omar Bongo »

Looks like someone is finding out that it's very different running as the incumbent as opposed to as the outsider...

Trump Lashes Out As His Election Prospects Darken
Brian Bennett TIME Magazine
3 hrs ago

A tragic time for the country has become a dire moment for the President’s re-election prospects. The toll of the coronavirus pandemic is mounting, nearly 40 million Americans are out of work, and Trump is trailing presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden among key sectors of the population and in crucial swing states.

His ability to communicate directly to his voters has been undercut by Twitter’s decision to begin fact-checking misinformation in his feed, and he still cannot hold the large rallies that are crucial to his campaign strategy.

“The headlines tomorrow will read 100,000 deaths,” says Gregory Goodale, an expert in political communication at Northeastern University. “Does Trump want Fox News to carry that headline, or Joe Scarborough is a murderer or Joe Biden is PC for wearing a mask or mail-in voting will rig the election?”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/election ... r-BB14Gfxm

His obvious attempts to deflect are becoming increasingly impotent and pitiful...other than trying to change the subject and hoping for a sudden miraculous turnaround he has nothing...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

What he's teasing is a new Executive Order regulating social media. Maybe he figures people will be too busy laughing to think about the death count.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Appeals Court Ruling Suggests Little Legal Traction For Trump's Anti-Twitter Campaign

A ruling that emerged from a powerful federal appeals court in Washington on Wednesday morning is strong evidence that the courts are unlikely to be receptive to President Donald Trump’s claims that he and his political supporters are being silenced by social media platforms like Twitter.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit resoundingly rejected a lawsuit the conservative legal organization Freedom Watch and right-wing provocateur Laura Loomer filed in 2018 against four major technology companies: Google, Facebook, Twitter, and Apple.

Facebook, Twitter and other platforms have banned Loomer, citing anti-Muslim statements.

The unanimous court decision from a three-judge panel runs to only four pages, but is dismissive of a wide range of legal claims some conservatives and liberals have leveled at social media firms in recent months.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB14G2n7
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Omar Bongo wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:26 pm Trump Lashes Out As His Election Prospects Darken
Seems like just yesterday he was saying that only he could fix it.

It was going to be so easy.

Now we get, "I take no responsibility."
Stay loose, and be a little afraid.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

The manbaby president signed an EO regarding social media.

SMH.
broman

Post by broman »

Add Twitter and Facebook to the things Trump and supporters will be mad about. That's all they have is grievance.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

He's just highlighting his impotence. He has NO power to change the LAW...it's all about intimidation

He's trying to show his drones he's doing something but he's biting the hand that feeds him

trump shutting down twitter would be like a blind man trying to look tough shooting his guide dog...
George Will

Donald Trump
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Especially crazy that he has Section 230 completely bassackwards. It protects Twitter when its users post objectionable material. His proposed changes would all but require it to delete them, and likely their accounts.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

It's a joke, son.
zuck dead.jpg
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

A new ABC News/Washington Post poll shows former Vice President Joe Biden clearly ahead of President Donald Trump. Biden's up by a 53% to 43% margin among registered voters in this survey.

There were more than 40 national public polls taken at least partially in the month of May that asked about the Biden-Trump matchup. Biden led in every single one of them. He's the first challenger to be ahead of the incumbent in every May poll since Jimmy Carter did so in 1976.

A look at the fundamentals shows why Trump continues to trail. Simply put, he remains unpopular.

His net approval rating (approval - disapproval) in the ABC News/Washington Post poll was -8 points. That's very close to the average of polls, which has it at about -10 points. At no point during the past three years has Trump ever had a positive net approval rating.

The only other two presidents to have a net approval rating this low at this point in the campaign were Carter in 1980 and George H.W. Bush in 1992.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB14QD8O
George Will

Donald Trump
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Even Rasmussen has him at -7 (46%-53%).
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

I think he was down to Hillary at this point too, but the circumstances now are verrrry different
George Will

Donald Trump
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

The only swing state poll he's close in is Wisconsin and he's tied there.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Great new ad from the Lincoln Project.

The Flag of Treason

Wabash

Post by Wabash »

I have a question for Trump supporters.

Do you think posting memes like this will hurt or help the GOP with the African American vote?
Attachments
RPOC.png
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

PPP is reporting.
-In a Texas survey done for the Texas Democratic Party, we found Joe Biden and Donald Trump tied in the state at 48. Only 46% of voters approve of the job Trump is doing to 50% who disapprove. A Quinnipiac University survey released this week showed the state a toss up as well.
That TX is even close at all says a lot of how much resentment there is towards this individual who clearly did not get enough praise as a child. Maybe someone should have given him a couple of participation trophies.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

SLK used to say that "winners win, losers make excuses."

Here is a loser already making excuses.

That’s some real leadership there, Donald!

(said no one ever)
Attachments
Making Excuses.png
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

A press release posing as a letter from McLaughlin & Associates, I guess to placate Donald regarding his recent polling. Or to fool people who know nothing about how surveys work. I'm surprised McLaughlin put his name on it. It's complete nonsense.

To: President Trump

Re: Skewed Media Polls

Date: June 8, 2020

The latest skewed media polls must be intentional. It’s clear that NBC, ABC and CNN who have Democrat operatives like Chuck Todd, George Stephanopoulos and other Democrats in their news operations are consistently under-polling Republicans and therefore, reporting biased polls. They continue to poll adults or registered voters that skew away from likely voters. So instead of the 33% Republican turnout which actually happened in 2016, they are reporting polls on only 26%, 25% or even 24% Republicans. Since you get over 90% of the Republican vote, for every point fewer Republicans that they do not poll, they reduce your vote total by a point. In contrast CBS polled likely voters. CBS had 32% Republicans and a close national race. The bias seems to be an intentional strategy to suppress your vote. The latest media spin is that it’s too late to define Joe Biden and it’s too late for President Trump to win. We can hardly wait until they start spinning a “Biden electoral lock”. It has to be a strategy to counter the enthusiasm of Trump voters.

For, example, the CNN poll out today is another skewed anti-Trump poll of only 25% Republican. It’s a poll of 1,259 adults – not even registered voters, let alone likely voters. Also, it was done between June 2nd and 5th, before the great economic news from last Friday. In their questionnaire between asking about your job approval and the ballot, they had questions on issues including race relations, not job creation, which could have biased the poll further. It appears that the CNN poll is biased in both sample and questionnaire design to manufacture an anti-Trump outcome.

https://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2020/images/06/ ... d.2020.pdf

Specifically, the NBC/WSJ poll on Sunday was among registered voters, not likely voters, and is only 26% Republican. Again this shorts Republicans about 7 points from the 2016 exit polls which had 33% Republicans. This poll was done May 28th through June 2nd and would not have a Friday’s great jobs impact.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/docume ... e-Poll.pdf

The refusal to screen for actual likely voters is creating an under-polling of Republicans and therefore Trump voters. It seems intentional. It’s exactly what the media did in 2016. Let’s prove them wrong again.

https://mclaughlinonline.com/2020/06/08 ... dia-polls/
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Based on nonsense from the above letter, the Trump campaign has sent a cease and desist letter to CNN demanding that it apologize for its survey showing Biden leading.

I tell ya, I never know whether to post these things in the Election 2020, the Trump Disaster or the Daily WTF thread. Or whether to use the ](*,), :bonk: or ROFL smiley.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

I am certain he was able to use that tactic with some success as a private citizen. Trying to use the courts as a bludgeon against his critics.

He has to know CNN will do no such thing. He is playing to his ever shrinking base that he knows are less than bright.