ELECTION 2020

Wabash

Re: ELECTION 2020

Post by Wabash »

ventura wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:24 pm While you probably have some kind of education/indocrination, you have no idea why we are free, what it cost to be free, and how we can remain free.
Yet the biggest restrictions to our freedoms occur during GOP presidencies. A group you support.
Stay loose, and be a little afraid.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

ventura wrote:Competent voters apply; others need not.
And let me guess who the "competency" judge will be... :-k

If you need someone to help you with your ballot, please, don't bother.

Sorry, Granma, Ventura says I can't, it's un-'mericun.

...you have no idea why we are free, what it cost to be free, and how we can remain free. Your are snarky, clever, and have lots of fluff, and no wisdom. I wonder if you teach in college.

Sorry, no points for originality, but I guess it beats trying to come up with a cogent argument...

Nope. The litany of nonsense is too long.

See above

I'm done with you.

You were done before you started
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Who is with me?

We can go disguised as ballot boxes.
Attachments
17066.jpeg
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

ventura wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:24 pm Competent voters apply; others need not.
I assume you're kidding.
ventura wrote: ...you have no idea why we are free, what it cost to be free, and how we can remain free.
Define "free". Seriously. It has many interpretations.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

ventura wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:24 pm Competent voters apply; others need not. If you need someone to help you with your ballot, please, don't bother.
So you want people to take an intelligence test to be able to vote?
ventura wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:24 pm While you probably have some kind of education/indocrination, you have no idea why we are free, what it cost to be free, and how we can remain free.
But you do...right?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

They say adversity reveals character, or in this case lack of it...as his party edges away from him in the face of worsening poll numbers, trump plumbs new depths...

Fearing a ‘Blood Bath,’ Republican Senators Begin to Edge Away From Trump

WASHINGTON — For nearly four years, congressional Republicans have ducked and dodged an unending cascade of offensive statements and norm-shattering behavior from President Trump, ignoring his caustic and scattershot Twitter feed and penchant for flouting party orthodoxy, and standing quietly by as he abandoned military allies, attacked American institutions and stirred up racist and nativist fears...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB1a6Zm4

Need an example? There's one every few minutes...how about this one?

(Bloomberg) -- President Donald Trump urged the Justice Department to investigate Representative Ilhan Omar at a campaign rally on Friday, disparaging the Democrat and repeating unsubstantiated allegations she married her brother and migrated to the U.S. illegally.

“She hates our country. She comes from a place that doesn’t even have a government, and then she comes here tells us how to run our country,” he told his audience.

“Thank you very much, she’s a real -- she’s a wonderful -- she’s a wonderful person,” he added, sarcastically.

“If you look at the House with Pelosi and these people, it’s like they hate Israel and they believe in Omar, who came in here and married her brother or something, came in illegally,” Trump said, referring to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. “Come on, come on Justice. Let’s go Justice, Department of Justice.”

No evidence has emerged that she either married her brother or migrated to the U.S. illegally. Trump has previously promoted the rumor himself, telling reporters in July 2019 that “I’m sure somebody would be looking at that.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... =Peregrine

What a scumbag we have representing our country to the world...be proud, Republicans
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Donald on maybe losing to Biden:

"I'm gonna say, I lost to the worst candidate in the history of politics I'm not gonna feel so good. Maybe I'll have to leave the country. I don't know."

As in, like, someplace we don't have an extradition treaty with?
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

"Vlad buddy? Don here...Donald...Donald Trump...stop joking around...say, I was wondering, how's about I come visit for a while, I...um, Vlad? VLAD??"
George Will

Donald Trump
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

ventura wrote: you have no idea why we are free, what it cost to be free, and how we can remain free.
It cost less with a Dem president.
Attachments
Deficit.jpg
Last edited by Wabash on Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Ventura said that, not Joe Futbol. And I think you proved his point.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Fixed it.

I have a tin foil belief.

Republicans are carefully laying the groundwork to restrain a Biden administration on federal spending and the budget deficit by talking up concerns about the price tag for another round of virus relief. The thinking is that it would be very hard politically to agree on spending trillions more now and then in January suddenly embrace fiscal restraint. Republicans almost certainly suspect Trump will lose even with a big stimulus and already hope to put an incoming President Joe Biden in a fiscal straitjacket, saddling him with the terrible politics of a grueling recovery.

The only hope is that the senate flips and that Schumer does not make the same mistake as Reid. Letting a small minority of GOP senators paralyze the entire legislature.

I am not sure if early returns favor D's over R's. If this is an indicator, McConnell might be in trouble.
Attachments
KY Voting.png
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Guess who said it...

"...said the President "kisses dictators' butts" and that the United States "now regularly sells out our allies under his leadership."

"...the way he treats women and spends like a drunken sailor...he mocks evangelicals behind closed doors."

"...his family has treated the presidency like a business opportunity. He's flirted with White supremacists."

...also said that "the President's "stupid political obsessions" and his tactics are hurting Republicans with women and young people.

"...it's going to be 'What the heck were any of us thinking that selling a TV-obsessed narcissistic individual to the American people was a good idea?'"

1. Joe Biden? Nope.

2. Kamala Harris? Nope.

3. Nancy Pelosi, Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders? Nope, nope, nope.

4. Republican Senator Ben Sasse (NE)? DING! DING! DING!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB1a7kfQ
George Will

Donald Trump
ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt »

At the Trump event in Newport Beach today, word is that Trump supporters are outnumnbered by Armenien protesters.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

I watched part of the speech he supposedly read from the teleprompter in Muskegon, MI yesterday.

The teleprompter must read something like;

"1 min conspiracy"
"30-sec personal attack"
"2-min self aggrandizement"
"INSERT DOG WHISTLE HERE"

No professional would write the bilge that regularly spews out of his mouth.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

The Lincoln Project targeting the all-important cholo demographic.

Orale!

But I gotta ask: It's California slang. Will it play with Texicans and Puertorriqueños?
ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt »

That gave me Breaking Bad flashbacks.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

ventura wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:24 pm ...you have no idea why we are free, what it cost to be free, and how we can remain free.
John Q. Public wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:06 pm Define "free". Seriously. It has many interpretations.
Apropos op-ed on this in yesterday's NYT (paywall).

Quoting John Stuart Mill: "Liberty (or freedom) means 'doing as we like, subject to such consequences as may follow, without impediment from our fellow creatures, as long as what we do does not harm them even though they should think our conduct foolish, perverse or wrong.'"

Or the aphorism the writer mangles, "Your freedom to swing your fist stops at the end of my nose."
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

The group that whines about freedom never wants to accept the responsibility that comes with it.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Some people don't interpret it as coming with responsibility. Thankfully, most do.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

The Lincoln Project targeting the all-important cholo demographic. Orale!

That is f'n awesome!!! =D> =D> =D>
George Will

Donald Trump