ELECTION 2020

Wabash

Re: ELECTION 2020

Post by Wabash »

John Q. Public wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:49 pm A press release posing as a letter from McLaughlin & Associates...
McLaughlin has earned a reputation for comically overstating how well Republican candidates are doing. He told Eric Cantor he was up by 34 points, only to see Cantor lose his election by 10 points. McLaughlin is so bad, most Republican candidates and entities (including the National Republican Congressional Committee) won't use him anymore. For Trump 2020, his job will be to explain how wrong polls like the CNN poll are, and how people shouldn't pay attention to fake news like that. That's all well and good, unless the "fake" polls are...actually correct. Campaign manager Brad Parscale probably won't even look at McLaughlin's polls. He undoubtedly has hired a reliable pollster to tell him which states to focus on. But he probably won't show Trump those results for fear of being sued.

See post about CNN.
Stay loose, and be a little afraid.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Specifically, the NBC/WSJ poll on Sunday was among registered voters, not likely voters
While it's accurate that 1,259 adults were reached on landlines or cell phones by a live interviewer for the survey, the 14-point margin by which Trump is trailing Biden came from a question posed only to 1,125 registered voters. It's typical for polling to sample registered voters rather than likely ones at this stage of the race, as it's difficult to project whether voters will participate in an election that is five months away. CNN, as do most public pollsters, typically reports results from likely voters around Labor Day.

The refusal to screen for actual likely voters is creating an under-polling of Republicans and therefore Trump voters.Again this shorts Republicans about 7 points from the 2016 exit polls which had 33% Republicans
That percentage of respondents, however, is consistent with several other major polls that use live telephone interviews, which provide the most reliable snapshot of the race. McLaughlin this week argued that pollsters should include a third of Republicans in surveys to reflect the 33% that they represented in the 2016 vote, but exit polls nearly always have higher shares of partisans and lower shares of independents than pre-election phone polls.

This poll was done May 28th through June 2nd and would not have a Friday’s great jobs impact.
The poll [was] conducted between June 2 and 5 (the day Trump was touting the phony favorable job numbers)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/election ... r-BB15j0EJ

Well golly, other than that, every criticism seems spot on :roll:

Their take on the poll is just hilarious: "It's a stunt and a phony poll to cause voter suppression, stifle momentum and enthusiasm for the President..." That's Trump's exact political strategy against Biden :lol:

Oh, and one more thing..."McLaughlin & Associates...ranks as one of the least accurate pollsters in the industry, as measured by FiveThirtyEight" https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

Nuff said...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Wabash wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:55 pm I am certain he was able to use that tactic with some success as a private citizen. Trying to use the courts as a bludgeon against his critics.
Except this one's so wacky the only action CNN would have to take would be to write a story about how wacky it is. Or maybe do like the Cleveland Browns did and send his lawyer a letter letting him know some ******* is signing his name on stupid letters.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

An actual lawyer's opinion:

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

OMG! OMG! OMG! So Charlotte turned down the GOP convention and they decided to have it in Jacksonville. But Jacksonville doesn't have the hotel capacity. But it does have a port, so they're honestagod looking into bringing in CRUISE SHIPS to house the delegates. :bonk:
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

He's got my vote!

Fordama

Post by Fordama »

Ted Lieu releases campaign ad. Have the sound on for the Top Gun effect.

This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Big spend. For one week. In June. In all markets. In a state a Republican shouldn't have to buy any TV time in.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Donald spending more money.

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt »

Kanye now.
I don't know if he'll actually make it to ballots but he'll get votes because there are Americans that are that stupid. ](*,)
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

The smell of desperation...trump at a roundtable discussion:

"Nobody will be safe in a Biden America...Biden is a puppet of Bernie Sanders, AOC, the militant left, the people that want to rip down statues and monuments to George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Jesus, okay? Jesus, they want to rip down statues to Jesus."

Pitiful...I actually feel sorry for the guy
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Despite the will of the people in FL, the GOP has effectively suppressed the voting rights of 1 million Floridians in this cycle.

Proving their support of democracy only applies when it suits them.

That is what a group does when it knows an ass whoopin is coming.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Can't get people to support you? Try scaring people into not voting for your opponent by making **** up out of thin air...just pitiful

Fox's Chris Wallace Fact-Checks Trump's Claim That 'Biden Supports Defunding the Police'

WASHINGTON – Fox News host Chris Wallace fact-checked President Donald Trump's inaccurate claim during an interview that former Vice President Joe Biden is in favor of defunding the police, leading to a testy reaction.

In a clip released between the "FOX News Sunday” anchor and Trump (the entire interview will air Sunday):

"It’s gotten totally out of control and it’s really because they want to defund the police, and Biden wants to defund the police," Trump said in the clip about the presumptive Democratic nominee.

Wallace interjected, "Sir, he does not."

"Look, he signed a charter with Bernie Sanders," Trump responded...

The proposed Democratic Party platform does include a series of police reforms including banning choke holds, ending racial profiling and allowing victims of abuse to pursue civil litigation.

However, the platform does not support defunding the police, as Biden and his campaign have stated on multiple occasions.

Wallace points this out, saying the plan "says nothing about defunding the police."

"Oh really? It says abolish, it says defund. Let’s go! Get me the charter, please," Trump said, turning to speak to staff out-of-frame.

Wallace explained on Fox News' "Bill Hemmer Reports" that the president had his staff retrieve highlights of the unity platform that found "a lot of things that he objected to that Biden has agreed to."

"But he couldn’t find any indication – because there isn’t any – that Joe Biden has sought to defund and abolish the police," the Fox News anchor said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB16SGG5

He's not even safe on Fox News :fan:
George Will

Donald Trump
broman

Post by broman »

The hypocrisy of "small government" conservatives. Buy an AR-15, join the Oath Keepers, join the "militia", fly my Don't Tread on me Flag because the tyrannical government/deep state will use the mask mandate to take away my rights and freedoms. Those protesters in this urban Democratic run cities, send in the Feds, arm the local police with all the military equipment they can buy. Force people stand for the pledge and pray at the altar of Robert E. Lee.
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

Omar Bongo wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:02 pm "It’s gotten totally out of control and it’s really because they want to defund the police, and Biden wants to defund the police," Trump said in the clip about the presumptive Democratic nominee.

Wallace interjected, "Sir, he does not."
Omar Bongo wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:02 pm He's not even safe on Fox News
Well! I guess Biden was "for it before he was against it."

At 2:27-2:33 Ten days ago, while talking about the police, the interviewer asks, "But do we agree that we can redirect some of the funding?"

Biden's answer, " Yes, absolutely."
Make Them Cry Again In 2020
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Please pin your hopes to that.

The difference with 2016 to now is NOW we know what this idiot is all about.
Whereas back then he was a fresh idea, a novelty, not a career politician who promised to ‘drain the swamp’ only to find he himself has flooded it. There will be no miracle this time. The people are awake now. As stupid as we can be, we’re not that stupid twice in a row.

Once again. More people voted for his opponent. Something Trump has never gotten over.

Why don't you bring up Hillary's emails while you're at it. Or Benghazi.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Professor Fate wrote:Well! I guess Biden was "for it before he was against it."
Keep guessing. Still waiting for a Biden quote calling for defunding the police... :-"
George Will

Donald Trump
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

This meme sums up the Trump campaign.
Attachments
108776179_2990151834366813_7286357048735701946_n.jpg
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

He was a RINO, anyway.

The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute, which runs the 40th president’s library near Los Angeles, has demanded that President Trump and the Republican National Committee (RNC) quit raising campaign money by using Ronald Reagan’s name and likeness.

What came to the foundation’s attention — and compelled officials there to complain — was a fundraising email that went out July 19 with “Donald J. Trump” identified as the sender and a subject line that read: “Ronald Reagan and Yours Truly.”

The solicitation offered, for a donation of $45 or more, a “limited edition” commemorative set featuring two gold-colored coins, one each with an image of Reagan and Trump. The coins were mounted with a 1987 photograph of Reagan and Trump shaking hands in a White House receiving line — the type of fleeting contact that presidents have with thousands of people a year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ns-legacy/