ELECTION 2020

Omar Bongo

Re: ELECTION 2020

Post by Omar Bongo »

I don't see Joe pulling it out, but FWIW...Hillary lost by over 800,000 votes in 2016, but Beto O'Rourke only lost to Sen. Ted Cruz by about 215,000 in their 2018 Senate race :2cents:
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Presidential race TV/radio ad spending in Texas markets for 10/27-11/3 --

Pro-Biden: $8.08M
Pro-Trump: $0

Sounds like Don's using Hillary's rust belt strategy. Or is he saving his money for the post-election law suits?
Don't look at me, I just work here.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Pointed out by the NYT: Half of the electorate will be hammered by the time the votes start getting counted but the candidates won't be. Neither one drinks. :cheers: Pretend those are coffee cups.
broman

Post by broman »

Pro Trump polling has a unique duality. You have the MAGA hat, flag, go to the rally, Trump or else voter..... and the people who are publicly hiding their support but privately just as fired up as the person in a Trump boat parade.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

The flip side to the "shy" Trump voter is the democratic voter who did not vote for Hillary because they did not like her. The thought was there was no way Trump could win.

We saw that person turn out in 2018. And I believe we are seeing it again. Of the states that track early voting by party, Dems are far outpacing R's.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
ventura

Post by ventura »

John Q. Public wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:09 am Presidential race TV/radio ad spending in Texas markets for 10/27-11/3 --

Pro-Biden: $8.08M
Pro-Trump: $0
This didn't make sense to me. Is it accurate? Isn't Texas somewhat close? If not, why would they spend over 8M on ads?

Is it true that dems aren't mounting a serious ground game, knocking on doors? (per link) So much for my vote harvesting worry, if it is true.

I've been wondering about money the campaigns have, how much is is being spent, etc. Listening to a conservative radio guy on the way to work today and he had a gal on that wrote the linked article. Maybe some of you out there that are will find it interesting. Is this "dark money" theory easily debunked?

Do the pro Biden guys on this board have an opinion about who China would rather see be our pres?

https://amgreatness.com/2020/10/29/is-c ... -campaign/
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

I could not care less who China wants.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

ventura wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:53 am This didn't make sense to me. Is it accurate? Isn't Texas somewhat close? If not, why would they spend over 8M on ads?
Keep in mind that's only pro-candidate, only Texas and only TV and radio. There's still anti-Biden money and national ad buys running there, but the $0 is still significant. Don's low on cash. But..... half of the state has already voted, so I don't know how much effect any advertising has at this point.

As for China, I'd think they'd favor Biden if only for the stability. I'm sure he'd relax the tariffs, but he'd also repair our alliances which would make our clout stronger. Which... might not be all that great for China, either. On the other hand, Trump's probably easier to snow, so six of one, half a dozen of the other.
Foggy

Post by Foggy »

China prefers Trump, because he's weak and easily manipulated, and because he doesn't have enough understanding of America's national security interests to protect this great land of ours. Russia prefers Trump because they can blackmail him into doing their bidding, in addition to the reasons China prefers him.

On the bright side, Americans prefer Biden. :cheers:
I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

Foggy wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:12 pm and because he doesn't have enough understanding of America's national security interests to protect this great land of ours
Bingo.
Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, for example he claims that the Chinese pay tariffs.

So either he's entirely clueless, or he's lying because he doesn't care that Americans are paying the tariffs.

Whichever is true, he's harming this great nation.
I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

I'm talking about protecting us physically. But yeah...
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Yup, yup and yup
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt »

Oh my god this is brilliant!

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

LOL

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

From NPR: Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania don't start counting mail-in ballots until the polls close. Florida, North Carolina and Arizona at least let counties get them ready to count, so they could be all but decided on election night, depending on how many ballots are still outstanding.

The winner doesn't need to win big but he would have to win by enough. Florida and NC will be interesting but Pennsylvania could take days. :cantlook:
broman

Post by broman »

Texas GOP lawsuit against drive thru voting... which has an emergency court date on Monday.

By indiscriminately encouraging and allowing any and all Harris County registered voters to cast their ballots via curbside drive-thru voting, Defendant is violating both federal and state law, and Plaintiffs will suffer irreparable injury if such ultra vires action is not stopped.
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/1 ... t_79124258

Texas Supreme Court all R's allowed this system to go forward. This would 100,000 votes could be declared illegal.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Gotta love TX GOP. They are blatant in their voter suppression.

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt »

This came across my Facebook feed. I thought it was pretty profound in these times.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 4.03.37 PM.png
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Yup..
Attachments
383.png