Air travel dropped 60% in 2020, but gun seizures doubled

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Air travel dropped 60% in 2020, but gun seizures doubled

Post by John Q. Public »

And apparently there's no smell test for the people's stories. Invariably, the excuse is "Oops. I forgot it was there." Because, like, doesn't everybody ordinarily store their loaded guns in their carry-on bag? Between trips to the grocery store, where they carry them in their pockets, of course. SMDH
Although airline travel saw a major decrease in 2020 with the spread of the coronavirus, the Transportation Security Administration said the number of guns found in carry-on baggage at airport security checkpoints, mostly loaded, was the highest seen in TSA history.

2020 gun seizures at checkpoints doubled from 2019, as the TSA saw a record number—about 10 firearms per million passengers screened—while people traveled by air 60 percent less than in 2019, the lowest rate since the mid-1980s, according to U.S. Bureau of Transportation Statistics.

"The vast majority of people who bring guns to checkpoints claim that they forgot that they had their guns with them. Last year, 83 percent of the firearms brought to airports were loaded, so that means people were telling us that they forgot that they had a loaded gun with them," Lisa Farbstein, a TSA spokeswoman, told Newsweek.

https://www.newsweek.com/air-passengers ... gh-1580569
Don't look at me, I just work here.