Clippers want to bring Paul Pierce home

Parrotpaul

Clippers want to bring Paul Pierce home

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:26 am

The Clippers are actively pursuing LA native Paul Pierce to come to the Clippers to rejoin Doc Rivers and begin the building of the west coast Celtics (JK). The next great LA NBA dynasty will have Celtic blood running through it veins...add that to a RICH new owner who won't be a cheapskate with his billions, and things are looking great in Clipperville. This would be a cool move.

The Los Angeles Clippers have engaged in conversations with the Brooklyn Nets to try to construct a sign-and-trade that would reunite small forward Paul Pierce with Doc Rivers, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

Rivers, the Clippers' president and coach, has had several conversations with Pierce since he became a free agent July 1.

And while the Clippers could simply sign Pierce as a free agent using their midlevel exception at $5.3 million, they are interested in pursuing sign-and-trade scenarios that would allow Brooklyn to get something in return for the 10-time All-Star and because the Clippers already have so many small forwards.

Because Brooklyn holds his Bird rights, a sign-and-trade also would allow Pierce -- who made $15.3 million last season -- to sign for more than the midlevel exception.

<snip>

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11171 ... aul-pierce

"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Parrotpaul

Re: Clippers want to bring Paul Pierce home

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:35 pm

Chris Paul is pretty beat up, and he had a pretty bad playoff....Ainge is noted for wild trades....Rondo to LA?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:53 pm

I support anything the Clippers do that delivers another kick to the crotch of the Lakers. From their self-entitled fans, to Kobe Bryant jumping at a ridiculous contract extension that he knew would hamstring the organization's efforts to improve the team, to the Keystone Cops antics of the ownership and front office, I hope the Lakers don't make the playoffs again until the current crop of misfits are all history.

One can always dream, can't one?

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:27 pm

The Lakers are in a jam...Kobe missed the meeting with Carmelo. The brass rescheduled the meeting to a time when Kobe was in-flight returning from a European vacation. Is junior shutting Kobe out of talks?

Here's another idea...Danny Ainge is into making wild trades. He just extended Avery Bradley's contract five years at 5 mil a year. They drafted a guard at #7 in the first round and there are a couple others around, and the C's have a bunch of high drafts picks over the next few year. Rondo? He's always been trade fodder in Ainge's mind...Chris Paul had a terrible playoff, and his body took a beating last year....Doc, Pierce, Rondo....the western Celtics.... Whaddya think? :D

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:36 pm

According to sports radio, the Anthony-Lakers meeting was orginally scheduled for this afternoon, when Kobe would have been available. However, an afternoon Anthony meeting with the Bulls necessitated the Laker meeting being moved up. When you re-sign an old, gimpy prima donna to $49 million over two years, it would be wise not to intentionally exclude him from important meetings. On the other hand, this team IS run by the Three Stooges, so you never know.

God, I hate this team.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:48 pm

Kurt Rambis just signed an assistant coach contract with Phil, Derek, and the Knicks.

Kobe's extension contract extension was bonkers crazy. What in the world were they thinking? At this point I can't imagine many younger really talented players wanting to play on a Kobe led team...the times they are a changin', and it's really time for him to go. Nearly two years out of competition at his age can't make him the player nearly the plyer he once was. I just can't see a Melo/Kobe union. Kick Kobe upstairs and begin building again....it's presently chaos.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:40 pm

Spencer Hawes is a good catch. The Clippers need some help in the middle.

LOS ANGELES -- Free agent center Spencer Hawes has agreed to join the Los Angeles Clippers next season, sources confirmed Friday.

Hawes will sign a four-year, $23 million deal with the Clippers that will take up the team's midlevel exception unless it can complete a sign-and-trade deal with the

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/clippers/

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:36 pm

Peirce signs a three-year deal with the Clippers
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:35 am

Very cool...I hope he can help to persuade DeAndre Jordan to stay. It will be nice to see "the truth" in a Clipper's uniform. :D

Return to “NBA”