Scott Axed

Omar Bongo

Scott Axed

Postby Omar Bongo » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:44 pm

Byron Scott is out as Lakers coach...good move IMO. Now if only Jim Buss would follow him out the door...

Who do they hire? They seem to be looking seriously at Luke Walton, but I think they need a more proven commodity...Tom Thibodeax would have been a good choice but the T-Wolves snapped him up a few days ago

"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Parrotpaul

Re: Scott Axed

Postby Parrotpaul » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:54 am

I agree. Luke did a fine job when Steve Kerr was out, but everything about the Warriors is different than what he would find in the Laker organization. Another year or two with the Warriors wouldn't hurt him. Steve Kerr is a great mentor, the Warriors are a finely tuned organization, and Luke is bright and capable. I think it would be an error for him to begin a head coaching career in LA. As you said, Buss needs to go before that team gains competitive traction. Probably a bad choice, IMO, if Luke took that job.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:44 am

Stephen A. thinks Jerry West and the Laker organization need to patch up their relationship. West should replace Buss, and that would be the only way Luke should join the Lakers as a coach. West-Luke...without West, Luke should stay away. Sounds reasonable. Jerry West still refuses to wear green. :)
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:46 pm

I love Jerry West but I don't think that at this point in his life he's up for raising the Titanic...

If they want to get a top free agent or two they have to get rid of Buss and get a good coach. I'd settle for Phil Jackson in Buss' position...maybe his girlfriend will put in a good word for him :lol:

As for a coach, they'll have a better chance to land a good one if they end up keeping their high draft pick, the lottery is next month. We shall see...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Return to “NBA”