Super Bowl LIII Rams vs. Pats

Omar Bongo

Super Bowl LIII Rams vs. Pats

Postby Omar Bongo » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:37 pm

Not much NFL buzz on this board but I had to post this cause my team made it. This is the 4th time around for the Rams counting their St. Louis hiatus but just the 3rd time overall for a local LA team (Rams '80, Raiders '84).

Hoping for some revenge for the last time these teams met in the big game. In direct contrast to this matchup, in 2002 it was the Patriots with their young 2nd-year QB Tom Brady who came out on top over the Rams and their grizzled vet Kurt Warner.

Early line has the Pats -3. Would like nothing better than for the upstart Rams to pull the upset and hand the Pats their Super Bowl record 6th loss.

PP, you out there? It's payback time!

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Super Bowl LIII Rams vs. Pats

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:54 pm

So who are people in St. Louis going to root for or are they just going to move on the Curling season? KC would have been nice. I'm a little tired of New England. --:--
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:17 pm

St. Louis is probably the only major US city without an NFL or NBA team. They do, however, have a hockey team to distract them from the snowstorms, tornadoes and floods.

PS Everybody's tired of New England...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

18echo
Oversight Committee

Postby 18echo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:42 am

I am as tired of New England as everyone else, but what they have done over 17 years is unprecedented in the NFL and likely won't ever happen again.
The most impressive 17 year stretch in pro sports remains the Yankees: went to 15 World Series in 17 years from 1947 to 1964, and won 10 of them.
Tom Brady gave up somewhere between $60 and $100 million to retain key players and bring in free agent talent to keep this thing going.
Every other franchise quarterback is happy to take a max deal that will almost always mean affording a 6-10 or 8-8 roster going forward and never getting a ring, or never getting the second one.
"Hoc spatium adsuesco assuesco pro profunda rhetoricam."

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:49 am

I have to agree. Love or hate the Patriots and Tom Brady. They win.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

18echo
Oversight Committee

Postby 18echo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:44 pm

It was not lost on most sports radio commentators that the Rams were Tom Brady's first Super Bowl, and given his age, they could now also be his last Super Bowl. Bringing it full circle, so to speak.
"Hoc spatium adsuesco assuesco pro profunda rhetoricam."

SK80

Postby SK80 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:47 am

This is a classic match-up in the sense you had the "Old Guard" vs the potential "New Guard" from the players to the coaches, from a team staring lower round draft picks to one featuring top round picks. This game has all th intrigue, the rematch in which Brady won his first Super Bowl. Will Goff be that next young guy to step in Brady's footsteps... the storyline is set and do not forget to add in "West Coast" vs "East Coast"... :thumbsup:

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:53 pm

Hmm,just the way the NFL powers wanted it!

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:36 pm

Karma?

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:01 pm

The O/U in Las Vegas was 56 points. They got their butts kicked on the under.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

RPW

Postby RPW » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:11 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:Source of the post PS Everybody's tired of New England...

Do you think people are tired of seeing them win?
I am The Voice of Reason

Return to “NFL”