AFC-NFC Championships 2010..Game Day Thread

Parrotpaul

AFC-NFC Championships 2010..Game Day Thread

Post by Parrotpaul »

Any thoughts?

The Eagle was cool. The Jets and Colts are probably the two most disliked teams to any Patriots fan. I kind of like the Jets because of Sanchez, and I kind of like the Colts because of Manning. My Bolt bucks are on the Jets...but I'm just looking for a good game.

I have no idea whatsoever is going to happen in New Orleans. My heart is with Favre, as are my Bolt Bucks....again...I'm hoping for a good game, but I believe there will be a surprise before today is over.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
SoMelo

Re: AFC-NFC Championships 2010..Game Day Thread

Post by SoMelo »

I dislike the Colts for personal reasons.. Other than that I’m pretty ambivalent to the other teams.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Colts field goal, and then the Jets explode for their longest score of the season...7-3 Jets.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Colts win.
Wolves

Post by Wolves »

I hate Sanchez. Glad he lost.

GO SAINTS!!!
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Wolves wrote:I hate Sanchez. Glad he lost.

GO SAINTS!!!
I don't get it. He's an Orange County kid who went to the AFC Championship. What's to hate about that?
SoMelo

Post by SoMelo »

Parrotpaul wrote: I don't get it. He's an Orange County kid who went to the AFC Championship. What's to hate about that?
He went to University of Spoiled C hildren
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

SoMelo wrote: He went to University of Spoiled C hildren
So what? What does that mean...he was a spoiled child? He's one helluva a football player. Or isn't this about football?
SoMelo

Post by SoMelo »

Parrotpaul wrote: So what? What does that mean...he was a spoiled child? He's one helluva a football player. Or isn't this about football?
I liked the fact he really pissed Pete off.. I was hoping the Jet's won, but I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it tonight.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Favre is tough as nails.
SoMelo

Post by SoMelo »

Parrotpaul wrote:Favre is tough as nails.
I'd like to see him play at least 1 one season. That would be a definite in your face to a lot of haters
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

SoMelo wrote: I'd like to see him play at least 1 one season. That would be a definite in your face to a lot of haters
Reggie coughed it up.

I'd just like to see Favre win it, because he is such a warrior.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

That was certainly short lived....Favre's screw up or Peterson's?

I think Favre could have better placed the ball than he did...but I need to see the replay again.

GREAT football game...much better than the AFC game.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Do you think Favre might not have been as hurt as he wanted everyone to believe...you know, "Charlie, I'm going to grimace a lot.....take off my shoe, cut off the tape, retape the thing, and I'll limp back in."

Is that something a veteran QB might do when his team needs some inspiration, and the opposition needs to be faked out?

OT...Brett screwed up.
SoMelo

Post by SoMelo »

Go Saints
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

A great game.
not4u13

Post by not4u13 »

I watched most of the first half of the Jets/Colts game and none of the second half. I saw one good quarter of football (the second).

I watched most of the Vikings/Saints game and I thought the Saints forced the Vikings into making too many mistakes, which, in the end, was the difference in the game.

Bush had a horrible fumble trying to make a play and then made an excellent play that ended in a touchdown. No touchdown there and I really believe they would have settled for the field goal, which, in the end, would have meant no Superbowl appearance.

Farve is one exciting QB. There is never a dull moment with him under center. He lives on the edge and that sometimes means (too often means) he makes mistakes. There is often a fine line between that great signature play and disaster. The Vikings were clearly a better team this year with him in there, but how do you overcome that many turnovers in a championship game? Answer ... you don't.

I had the Laker game on my Picture-in-Picture and unfortunately they lost a close one, but at least it was a good diversion during commercials. :mrgreen:
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

Parrotpaul wrote:A great game.
Calling that a great game removes all meaning from the word "great". Actually, it was a pretty crappy game. Minnesota turned the ball over five times, and the Saints were outgained by 220 yards and 14 first downs. Both teams were very good all year, but they both deserved to lose today.
GOODave

Post by GOODave »

Parrotpaul wrote:Do you think Favre might not have been as hurt as he wanted everyone to believe...you know, "Charlie, I'm going to grimace a lot.....take off my shoe, cut off the tape, retape the thing, and I'll limp back in."

Is that something a veteran QB might do when his team needs some inspiration, and the opposition needs to be faked out?
Probably not. A veteran QB probably wouldn't stoop to manipulation.

It's something a veteran QB who is 40 years old would do, though: Particularly if he was on his 4th team as QB and drove this one to within 1 game of the Superbowl. That's a long season on 40 year old bones.