LAX Cell Phone Waiting Lot

not4u13

LAX Cell Phone Waiting Lot

Post by not4u13 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:06 pm

Did you know that LAX has a cell phone lot? This is a special lot where you can wait for an arriving passenger to contact you by cell phone where you can then leave the lot to pick them up at the curb. You are NOT allowed to park. All vehicles must be attended at all times.

Here is a link to the map. You'll find it near the "Economy Public Parking Lot C".

http://www.lawa.org/uploadedImages/LAX/ ... ingMap.jpg

I've you've been to LAX in the last few years to pick someone up from the airport, you may appreciate this. I didn't know about it and have had to circle the lot several times while waiting for them to get their bag at baggage claim. I don't care if you can see them, you can't stop at the curb and wait for more than 30 seconds or you're going to have an officer there with a ticket book out. This cell lot eliminates that problem. When you get to the airport, go to the cell phone lot instead and wait there. The person you are picking up just calls you after they've picked up their bag and you head over to pick them up. They may need to wait about 10 minutes at the curb (depending on traffic) for you to get there.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com

SoMelo

Re: LAX Cell Phone Waiting Lot

Post by SoMelo » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:32 pm

not4u13 wrote:Did you know that LAX has a cell phone lot? This is a special lot where you can wait for an arriving passenger to contact you by cell phone where you can then leave the lot to pick them up at the curb. You are NOT allowed to park. All vehicles must be attended at all times.

Here is a link to the map. You'll find it near the "Economy Public Parking Lot C".

http://www.lawa.org/uploadedImages/LAX/ ... ingMap.jpg

I've you've been to LAX in the last few years to pick someone up from the airport, you may appreciate this. I didn't know about it and have had to circle the lot several times while waiting for them to get their bag at baggage claim. I don't care if you can see them, you can't stop at the curb and wait for more than 30 seconds or you're going to have an officer there with a ticket book out. This cell lot eliminates that problem. When you get to the airport, go to the cell phone lot instead and wait there. The person you are picking up just calls you after they've picked up their bag and you head over to pick them up. They may need to wait about 10 minutes at the curb (depending on traffic) for you to get there.
I think my personal best is circling LAX 12 times...

18echo
Oversight Committee

Re: LAX Cell Phone Waiting Lot

Post by 18echo » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:51 pm

not4u13 wrote:Did you know that LAX has a cell phone lot?
Yes, but I have always used the Burger King at 96th and Airport for that purpose.
That parking lot is always empty.
"Hoc spatium adsuesco assuesco pro profunda rhetoricam."