Trestles vs. Toll Road debate heats up

Parrotpaul

Re: Trestles vs. Toll Road debate heats up

Postby Parrotpaul » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:57 pm

Feds say NO to the toll road extension:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/orang ... 6922.story

"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Troglodyte

Re: Trestles vs. Toll Road debate heats up

Postby Troglodyte » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:17 am

John Q. Public wrote:But if that's where they're all going, what's wrong with having all the traffic dump off in SC? It would, anyway. What I'm saying, and what the DOC apparently said, is that the traffic that would be using the link between SC and San Onofre wouldn't be heavy enough to have a significant impact on the surface streets or warrant the two roads connecting.

Except on some weekends, and at the Border Checkpoint (when it's open), the freeway between San O and Oceanside would generally be classified as "wide open" and probably only a small fraction of the traffic would be diverting to the 241. It would be convenient for people in Foothill Ranch, RSM and Talega who are going to San Diego but convenience and necessity are two different things.

You're looking at the wrong end.. The people coming from SanDiego would have to negotiate the surface streets to get on the 241. This short cut would save the additional traffic on the 5 to the 55. there are actually people who travel between the riverside-Ontario area and the San Diego area who would use the 241 and save time and gas.. The wackos should be happy about that..

Return to “Freeways & Toll Roads”