Gotta Love the Swiss

Wabash

Gotta Love the Swiss

Post by Wabash » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:37 pm

Link

Excerpt:
Former U.S. President George W. Bush has cancelled a visit to Switzerland over fears he could have been arrested on torture charges.

Mr Bush was due to be the keynote speaker at a Jewish charity gala in Geneva on February 12.

But pressure has been building on the Swiss government to arrest him and open a criminal investigation if he enters the country.

Criminal complaints against Mr Bush alleging torture have been lodged in Geneva, court officials said.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

SLK230

Re: Gotta Love the Swiss

Post by SLK230 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:43 pm

But yet the stupid Swiss let Roman Polanski, a convicted child rapist, scurry back to France and safety instead of giving him to us.
Thought for the day:
We are always hearing about how Social Security is going to run out of money.
How come we never hear about Welfare running out of money?

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:40 pm

SLK230 wrote:But yet the stupid Swiss let Roman Polanski, a convicted child rapist, scurry back to France and safety instead of giving him to us.
Off topic. This thread is not about Polansky.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:43 pm

Wabash wrote: Off topic. This thread is not about Polansky.
It's about the Swiss so SLK's post was relevant

Wiley

Post by Wiley » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:07 pm

SLK230 wrote:But yet the stupid Swiss let Roman Polanski, a convicted child rapist, scurry back to France and safety instead of giving him to us.
Good one, Al. Gotta laugh when Wabash tries to put out his own fire by spitting on it... especially when it's his own thread. :mrgreen:
"If you love me you've got to help me pass this bill." - Barak Obama

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:45 pm

Wabash wrote: Off topic. This thread is not about Polansky.
No, it's Polanski. Nice to see another lame ass thread you started explode back on you.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:48 pm

Wiley wrote:Good one, Al. Gotta laugh when Wabash tries to put out his own fire by spitting on it... especially when it's his own thread. :mrgreen:
sbayhills wrote: No, it's Polanski. Nice to see another lame ass thread you started explode back on you.
You two are funny. The thread is about the Swiss threatening to arrest Bush on torture charges. Apparently they are serious enough that Bush cancelled his plans.

Keep trying to deflect.

Hasn't worked.

Wiley

Post by Wiley » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:15 pm

Wabash wrote:

You two are funny. The thread is about the Swiss threatening to arrest Bush on torture charges. Apparently they are serious enough that Bush cancelled his plans.

Keep trying to deflect.

Hasn't worked.
It didn't work because you apparently don't have "keyboard" or Internet pride. The Swiss threat is nothing new. Stop baiting before Vilepagan decides it's illegal and you get busted. :mrgreen:

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:24 pm

Refresh me on that. I could be wrong, but didn't the US judge decide not to extradite him?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:31 pm

the thread is about "Gotta Love the Swiss" kooky crazy stuff the Swiss do like trying to arrest Bush and letting Polanski go and making cheese with holes in it

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:40 pm

sbayhills wrote: No, it's Polanski. Nice to see another lame ass thread you started explode back on you.
No, it's Bush. I brought up the subject 10 months ago. Regardless of how you feel about him, he admitted to doing something many countries consider to be torture. It is a possibility.

And apparently the Swiss aren't alone.

Wiley

Post by Wiley » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:25 pm

John Q. Public wrote: Refresh me on that. I could be wrong, but didn't the US judge decide not to extradite him?
John to the rescue to further detach this thread from Wabash's primary subject - George W. Bush. Hopefully, after I give you the correct details of the Roman Polanski cases you can file them away for future reference. Those who have daughters will understand why his legal cases have dragged on for years.

Polanski fled the U.S. after pleading guilty to having sex with a 13-year old girl. This is after Polanski plea bargained five of six charges of unlawful sex with a minor. The Swiss arrested him then released him after refusing the U.S.'s request to have him extradited. He is currently a convicted criminal fugitive from U.S. justice who travels from France to Switzerland to avoid arrest by a country who cares about serial child molesters.

Some will also remember him admitting to having sex with actress Natassja Kinski when she was 15-years old. He was 43.

President Bush and his counsel are well-aware of the threats of arrest by several countries including Switzerland. Bush, unlike Polanski, has never been convicted of alleged crimes. I believe Wabash made his point by posting "old news" and he was rebutted in a very comical way. This should have been the end of the story. Why you--or him--felt it necessary to continue with a dead thread is beyond me. I would expect the poster/moderators to recognize baiting and not to be so obvious in taking sides.

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:27 pm

John Q. Public wrote: No, it's Bush. I brought up the subject 10 months ago. Regardless of how you feel about him, he admitted to doing something many countries consider to be torture. It is a possibility.

And apparently the Swiss aren't alone.
First off, It is spelled Polanski, not Polansky as Wabash spelled it.

Second, as an American, and as you state, no matter how you feel about him, would Wabash react with barely contained glee ( gotta love the Swiss ) when another country threatens to arrest former President Bush?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:46 pm

Wiley wrote:Polanski fled the U.S. after pleading guilty to having sex with a 13-year old girl. This is after Polanski plea bargained five of six charges of unlawful sex with a minor. The Swiss arrested him then released him after refusing the U.S.'s request to have him extradited. He is currently a convicted criminal fugitive from U.S. justice who travels from France to Switzerland to avoid arrest by a country who cares about serial child molesters.
I'm aware of that. Do you know the disposition of the case?
Some will also remember him admitting to having sex with actress Natassja Kinski when she was 15-years old. He was 43.
Wiley to the rescue to further derail the thread by bringing up some tidbit he saw on Entertainment Tonight.
President Bush and his counsel are well-aware of the threats of arrest by several countries including Switzerland. Bush, unlike Polanski, has never been convicted of alleged crimes. I believe Wabash made his point by posting "old news" and he was rebutted in a very comical way. This should have been the end of the story. Why you--or him--felt it necessary to continue with a dead thread is beyond me. I would expect the poster/moderators to recognize baiting and not to be so obvious in taking sides.
It isn't old news, Wiley. It's current news. He cancelled his stop in Switzerland, on his current trip, because of the possibility of being arrested.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:49 pm

sbayhills wrote:Second, as an American, and as you state, no matter how you feel about him, would Wabash react with barely contained glee ( gotta love the Swiss ) when another country threatens to arrest former President Bush?
Dunno. The Serbs weren't real happy when Milosovic was arrested but a whole lot of other people were. I guess it's a matter of perspective.

Wiley

Post by Wiley » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:46 pm

Wiley wrote:Polanski fled the U.S. after pleading guilty to having sex with a 13-year old girl. This is after Polanski plea bargained five of six charges of unlawful sex with a minor. The Swiss arrested him then released him after refusing the U.S.'s request to have him extradited. He is currently a convicted criminal fugitive from U.S. justice who travels from France to Switzerland to avoid arrest by a country who cares about serial child molesters.
John Q. Public wrote: I'm aware of that. Do you know the disposition of the case?
Do you even read what I write? Polanski is currently a convicted criminal fugitive from U.S. justice. His U.S. passport has been revoked and he is on Interpol's fugitive list. He will live out his life between France and Switzerland or any country that refuses to arrest him. It would take the president to issue an executive order of clemency to free him from U.S. charges.
Wiley wrote:Some will also remember him admitting to having sex with actress Natassja Kinski when she was 15-years old. He was 43.
JQP wrote:Wiley to the rescue to further derail the thread by bringing up some tidbit he saw on Entertainment Tonight.
Please, stop with the juvenile theatrics. Obviously, you don't have a daughter or you'd be more sensitive to the adolescent girls who were sexually perverted by this animal.
Wiley wrote:President Bush and his counsel are well-aware of the threats of arrest by several countries including Switzerland. Bush, unlike Polanski, has never been convicted of alleged crimes. I believe Wabash made his point by posting "old news" and he was rebutted in a very comical way. This should have been the end of the story. Why you--or him--felt it necessary to continue with a dead thread is beyond me. I would expect the poster/moderators to recognize baiting and not to be so obvious in taking sides.
JQP wrote:It isn't old news, Wiley. It's current news. He cancelled his stop in Switzerland, on his current trip, because of the possibility of being arrested.
It is old news, John. President Bush cancelled his speech at the recommendation of the Jewish organization that originally requested his presence. This was in February 2011 - not hardly current. Currenty, the Swiss government has no intention of moving forward with any international action against Bush for his statements about approving water-boarding.

The article Wabash posted was from February 2011 which indicates to me that he was simply trying to disparage and bait. You should discourage and not promote this type antagonistic behavior.

SLK230

Post by SLK230 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:49 am

John Q. Public wrote: I'm aware of that. Do you know the disposition of the case?

Wiley to the rescue to further derail the thread by bringing up some tidbit he saw on Entertainment Tonight.

It isn't old news, Wiley. It's current news. He cancelled his stop in Switzerland, on his current trip, because of the possibility of being arrested.
He is a wanted man (In the U.S.) and if caught would be sentenced for rape and giving drugs to a 13 year old girl about 20 years ago or so .

Due to a treaty with France they will not deport him unless he commits a crime in France. We do have an extradition treaty with the Swiss but they refused to deport him just to piss us off.

Hollywood of course gave him an award. Whoopie Goldberg said the rape was no big deal as the 13 year old girl consented. I guess she never heard, that under the law, a 13 year old can't give consent. What an idiot.
Thought for the day:

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:43 am

Wiley wrote:It didn't work because you apparently don't have "keyboard" or Internet pride. The Swiss threat is nothing new. Stop baiting before Vilepagan decides it's illegal and you get busted. :mrgreen:
The Swiss threat may be nothing new. However, it is real enough that Bush cancelled his trip because of that threat.

I have no idea what you mean by "keyboard" or internet pride. I only posted a news article.

It's you and others who have attempted to take the thread in a completely different direction and attempted to deflect with the case regarding Roman Polanski.

I give you an "e" for effort.

SLK230

Post by SLK230 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:50 am

Wabash wrote: The Swiss threat may be nothing new. However, it is real enough that Bush cancelled his trip because of that threat.

I have no idea what you mean by "keyboard" or internet pride. I only posted a news article.

It's you and others who have attempted to take the thread in a completely different direction and attempted to deflect with the case regarding Roman Polanski.

I give you an "e" for effort.

You missed the point than.

The point was the hypocrisy of wanting to arrest a president of the United State for alleged crimes while allowing a convicted child rapist to go free.

It was very relevant.
Thought for the day:

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:01 am

SLK230 wrote:
You missed the point than.
Didn't miss the point. I don't care about the deflection.
SLK230 wrote:The point was the hypocrisy of wanting to arrest a president of the United State for alleged crimes while allowing a convicted child rapist to go free.
Isn't that up to them as a sovereign nation?
SLK230 wrote:It was very relevant.
Not really.