Gotta Love the Swiss

SoMelo

Re: Gotta Love the Swiss

Post by SoMelo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:05 am

Maybe the US and Swiss could do a prisoner exchange.. We'll trade Bush for Polanski :thumbsup:

SLK230

Post by SLK230 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:13 am

SoMelo wrote:Maybe the US and Swiss could do a prisoner exchange.. We'll trade Bush for Polanski :thumbsup:
I guess you didn't get the memo. Bush isn't a prisoner.
Thought for the day:
We are always hearing about how Social Security is going to run out of money.
How come we never hear about Welfare running out of money?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:38 am

Wiley wrote:It is old news, John. President Bush cancelled his speech at the recommendation of the Jewish organization that originally requested his presence. This was in February 2011 - not hardly current. Currenty, the Swiss government has no intention of moving forward with any international action against Bush for his statements about approving water-boarding.

The article Wabash posted was from February 2011 which indicates to me that he was simply trying to disparage and bait. You should discourage and not promote this type antagonistic behavior.
Sorry. I missed the date on the article but I knew I'd heard something about that lately. It was Zambia, Tanzania and Ethiopia on this trip but they all refused to arrest him. The article was old but the issue is current.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/315512
Don't look at me, I just work here.

SLK230

Post by SLK230 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:45 am

John Q. Public wrote: Sorry. I missed the date on the article but I knew I'd heard something about that lately. It was Zambia, Tanzania and Ethiopia on this trip but they all refused to arrest him. The article was old but the issue is current.

But any country that would put holes in their cheese would be arrogant enough to arrest an ex president.
Thought for the day:

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:07 am

SoMelo wrote:Maybe the US and Swiss could do a prisoner exchange.. We'll trade Bush for Polanski :thumbsup:
+1
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:13 am

SLK230 wrote:
He should be... Maybe a twofer.. Give them Bush and Cheney for Polanski :thumbsup:

SLK230

Post by SLK230 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:21 am

SoMelo wrote: He should be... Maybe a twofer.. Give them Bush and Cheney for Polanski :thumbsup:

Really? How about you and slowlyroll for free. You will just love Polanski.
Thought for the day:

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:28 am

SLK230 wrote:

Really? How about you and slowlyroll for free. You will just love Polanski.
Ehhhh.. She and I probably dropped off his radar when we started mensturating

SLK230

Post by SLK230 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:34 am

SoMelo wrote: Ehhhh.. She and I probably dropped off his radar when we started mensturating

Very funny. I like that. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thought for the day:

Wiley

Post by Wiley » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:28 am

Wiley wrote:It is old news, John. President Bush cancelled his speech at the recommendation of the Jewish organization that originally requested his presence. This was in February 2011 - not hardly current. Currenty, the Swiss government has no intention of moving forward with any international action against Bush for his statements about approving water-boarding.

The article Wabash posted was from February 2011 which indicates to me that he was simply trying to disparage and bait. You should discourage and not promote this type antagonistic behavior.
John Q. Public wrote:Sorry. I missed the date on the article but I knew I'd heard something about that lately. It was Zambia, Tanzania and Ethiopia on this trip but they all refused to arrest him. The article was old but the issue is current.

You will always find stories about Amnesty International chasing President Bush around the world trying to convince foreign countries to arrest him. Only an international warrant from the ICC could affect formal charges and arrest. To date none of the member countries that ratified the 1987 treaty of the international Convention on Torture have put forth such a request.

Your efforts in biased reseach to discover the slimest of points to support your interjection into this thread have brought nothing new to light. The thread subject continues to be about Switzerland, not Zambia.
"If you love me you've got to help me pass this bill." - Barak Obama

Red

Post by Red » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:36 pm

oceanvue wrote:
It's about the Swiss so SLK's post was relevant
:thumbsup: Very relevant!
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Red

Post by Red » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:38 pm

SLK230 wrote:
No reason to argue. Some Liberals would rather defend a PAEDOPHILE over a President they couldn't defeat in two elections.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:22 pm

Red wrote:
No reason to argue. Some Liberals would rather defend a PAEDOPHILE over a President they couldn't defeat in two elections.
Er, one.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:46 pm

Wiley wrote:Your efforts in biased reseach to discover the slimest of points to support your interjection into this thread have brought nothing new to light. The thread subject continues to be about Switzerland, not Zambia.
Ya gotta get off that stuff, Wiley. It's making you halluciread.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wiley

Post by Wiley » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:46 pm

Wiley wrote:Your efforts in biased reseach to discover the slimest of points to support your interjection into this thread have brought nothing new to light. The thread subject continues to be about Switzerland, not Zambia.
John Q. Public wrote: Ya gotta get off that stuff, Wiley. It's making you halluciread.
Nice debate. Maybe you should take a page from Vilepagan's playbook and lock this dead thread before you suffer anymore embarrassment. :mrgreen:

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:04 am

Wiley wrote:Nice debate. Maybe you should take a page from Vilepagan's playbook and lock this dead thread before you suffer anymore embarrassment. :mrgreen:
Maybe you should stop taking plays from whatever playbook you're taking them from, and refrain from taking potshots at me in random threads. :)
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

SLK230

Post by SLK230 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:20 pm

SoMelo wrote: Ehhhh.. She and I probably dropped off his radar when we started mensturating
I didn't think slowlyroll started yet but I will take your word for it.
Thought for the day:

Wiley

Post by Wiley » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:50 pm

Wiley wrote:Nice debate. Maybe you should take a page from Vilepagan's playbook and lock this dead thread before you suffer anymore embarrassment. :mrgreen:
Vilepagan wrote:Maybe you should stop taking plays from whatever playbook you're taking them from, and refrain from taking potshots at me in random threads. :)
Didn't President Obama ask the American people to stop using colloquial references of gun violence? :mrgreen:

Keywords: playbook, refrain, potshots, random threads, truth, Swiss cheese.