Nobel Prize Stats By Religion

Brooke

Nobel Prize Stats By Religion

Post by Brooke » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:22 pm

Here are some interesting and startling facts regarding Nobel Prize winners by religion.

Between 1901 and 2000 reveals that 654 Laureates belong to 28 different religions.

Most 65.4% have identified Christianity in its various forms as their religious preference. While separating Roman Catholic from Protestants among Christians proved difficult in some cases, available information suggests that more Protestants were involved in the scientific categories and more Catholics were involved in the Literature and Peace categories.

Atheists, agnostics, and freethinkers comprise 10.5% of total Nobel Prize winners; but in the category of Literature, these preferences rise sharply to about 35%.

A striking fact involving religion is the high number of Laureates of the Jewish faith - over 20% of total Nobel Prizes (138); including: 17% in Chemistry, 26% in Medicine and Physics, 40% in Economics and 11% in Peace and Literature each. The numbers are especially startling in light of the fact that only some 14 million people (0.02% of the world's population) are Jewish.

By contrast, only 5 Nobel Laureates have been of the Muslim faith-0.8% of total number of Nobel prizes awarded - from a population base of about 1.2 billion (20% of the world‘s population)

Baruch A. Shalev, 100 Years of Nobel Prizes (2003),Atlantic Publishers & Distributors , p.57:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_C ... _laureates
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Re: Nobel Prize Stats By Religion

Post by crayegg » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:41 pm

Not startling at all, and really not that interesting either.

Were you trying to make some kind of point?

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:07 pm

Brooke wrote:By contrast, only 5 Nobel Laureates have been of the Muslim faith-0.8% of total number of Nobel prizes awarded - from a population base of about 1.2 billion (20% of the world‘s population)
Interestingly, only 47 of 893 Nobel recipients have been women (5.26%). This despite the fact that there are 3.58 billion women on earth. Clearly, women should be hated and feared almost as much as Muslims.

Zebra

Post by Zebra » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:16 pm

I am constantly surrounded by smart women .. I fear them because I'm outgunned and "outthunk" most of the time ... hell, ALL of the time. :hide:

I also agree with Crayegg, not that interesting ... or surprising
Coach, you can call me a S.O.B. all you want. Just don't call me a little S.O.B. [-X

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:22 pm

Not startling at all, and really not that interesting either.

:yeahthat:
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Luca

Post by Luca » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:25 pm

Isn't it obvious? Christians obviously are much smarter than atheists...............Luca

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:27 pm

Isn't it obvious? Christians obviously are much smarter than atheists...............Luca

...and most of them probably report to Jews. :mrgreen:
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Luca

Post by Luca » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:30 pm

Unless they are Jewish atheists...........Luca

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:37 pm

How did Baptists do?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:39 pm

Unless they are Jewish atheists...........Luca

They also report to Jews. :mrgreen:

Luca

Post by Luca » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:42 pm

JQ
How did Baptists do?
Baptists don't do research. Everything's already explained in the Bible...........................Luca

Reconquista Primero

Post by Reconquista Primero » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:19 pm

In what category does President Obama's Nobel fall? Did he win it as a Christian, Muslim or godless heathen?
Worst choices for president in my 35 + years of voting.

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:22 pm

Garsh MDDad, you are such a smarty-pants I am surprised that you don't know the answer to that. It is the same reason most women don't make as much in salary as men do. Their careers are interrupted with raising children and keeping a home for their families.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:37 pm

crayegg: Not startling at all, and really not that interesting either.

Of course it is startling and interesting crayegg. And aren't you curious as to why Muslims have been awarded so few Nobel Prizes compared to their population and the contributions of excellence mostly men of other religions? Ancient Islam contributed important inventions to the world. That doesn't happen now.

Why have so many Jews been awarded Nobel Prizes and Christians?

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:50 pm

Why have so many Jews been awarded Nobel Prizes and Christians?

Smarter...better focus...education is primary to Jews.

Which Christians have been awarded to the Jews?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:56 pm

One example - Sammy Davis Jr. snagged Kim Novak
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Luca

Post by Luca » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:43 pm

ParrotPaul
Which Christians have been awarded to the Jews?

Very good, Paul.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:48 pm

Brooke wrote:And aren't you curious as to why Muslims have been awarded so few Nobel Prizes compared to their population and the contributions of excellence mostly men of other religions?
How do they compare to evangelicals and Mormons?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:34 pm

Screen Shot 2015-11-30 at 6.25.55 PM.png