Syria?

Fordama

Re: Syria?

Post by Fordama » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:23 am

Actually, there are good guys in this fight--the Kurds.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:26 am

I agree, and they are being protected by the Americans. But you are not seriously suggesting that the Kurds should rule all of Syria, are you?
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:23 pm

This does not look good. I only hope this Op-Ed piece in Newsweek is not accurate.

Now Mattis Admits There Was No Evidence Assad Used Poison Gas on His People: Opinion
Lost in the hyper-politicized hullabaloo surrounding the Nunes Memorandum and the Steele Dossier was the striking statement by Secretary of Defense James Mattis that the U.S. has “no evidence” that the Syrian government used the banned nerve agent Sarin against its own people.

This assertion flies in the face of the White House (NSC) Memorandum which was rapidly produced and declassified to justify an American Tomahawk missile strike against the Shayrat airbase in Syria.

Mattis offered no temporal qualifications, which means that both the 2017 event in Khan Sheikhoun and the 2013 tragedy in Ghouta are unsolved cases in the eyes of the Defense Department and Defense Intelligence Agency.
Mattis went on to acknowledge that “aid groups and others” had provided evidence and reports but stopped short of naming President Assad as the culprit.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:47 pm

Or perhaps the mission was to show Kim Jong Un what awaits if he dismantles his nuclear program...so yeah, Mission Accomplished :-"

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:51 pm

Oh I see. Because Assad dismantled his nuclear program didn't he, Omar?

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:14 pm

Professor Fate wrote: The mission was to punish and deter the use of outlawed chemical weapons. The punish part is mission accomplished. As to the deter part, we'll have to wait and see.
I see. So what you're saying is that trump was wrong when he made his claim, or perhaps premature.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:18 pm

Yes, as if it makes a difference.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:49 pm

Because Assad dismantled his nuclear program didn't he, Omar?

No, Your Obtuseness. It's because he didn't have one to deter us with, obviously.

If you don't see how this illogical testosterone-kabuki performance would blow up (pun intended) any chance Kim will surrender his weapons, that would make you as dumb as Trump...but you do see that, don't you? I understand why you have to pretend you don't...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:17 pm

LOL

Since your hatred for Trump blinds you to any other messages Kim might have received from all this, we'll have to wait and see which one of us is his royal obtuseness.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:16 pm

You have a habit of personalizing things when you have no response to criticism of the Meatball Mind representing us. This isn't about my personal feelings about Trump, it's about 15 months of lies, tantrums, corruption and serial screw-ups. But I understand why you try to pretend that it's not.

Unlike our Current Occupant, Kim is no fool. Rest assured the only message he received by way of Trump's big button was "Build faster"
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:32 am

Professor Fate wrote:I agree, and they are being protected by the Americans. But you are not seriously suggesting that the Kurds should rule all of Syria, are you?
The Turks have been attacking Kurdish forces.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:35 am

You'd think that sooner or later, Prof Fate would get tired of making inaccurate and/or logic-free statements.

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:21 pm

Fordama wrote:
The Turks have been attacking Kurdish forces.
Which is a huge problem as I mentioned before. It's like waking a tightrope. What do you suggest be done there since both are our allies?

As to your last post above, which inaccurate and/or logic-free statements are you referring to? The ones you disagree with, or the few where I agree with you? :mrgreen:

You could just ignore me, you know. :wink: