[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
Can anyone tell me why we're pulling out of the UN Arms Trade Treaty? - Orange County Forums

Can anyone tell me why we're pulling out of the UN Arms Trade Treaty?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Can anyone tell me why we're pulling out of the UN Arms Trade Treaty?

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:11 am

Besides the gun manufacturers lobby and Saudi Arabia, of course.

The treaty is meant to block gun sales to drug cartels, war criminals and terrorists but Donald says it's an attack on the Second Amendment and American sovereignty. Seems like that's just the opposite of what's in the country's best interest. And no, I don't see any connection to the Second Amendment. Nothing in there about exporting weapons or facilitating war crimes and genocide.

Don't look at me, I just work here.

Fordama

Re: Can anyone tell me why we're pulling out of the UN Arms Trade Treaty?

Postby Fordama » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:43 pm

You said it--it blocks gun sales.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Wed May 01, 2019 7:13 am

There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed May 01, 2019 7:23 am

The crazy thing is that the treaty only applies to sales for criminal purposes, not legitimate ones.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Wed May 01, 2019 10:52 am

And here I thought trump was the crazy thing...
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Wed May 01, 2019 11:01 am

This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Return to “World”