[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
Oil Tanker Attacks - Orange County Forums

Oil Tanker Attacks

Wabash

Oil Tanker Attacks

Postby Wabash » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:39 am

Who else doesn't care about these attacks on oil tankers?

Why aren't the navies of the countries where those ships are registered rushing to their aid?

Yet another stupid pretext to try and get us into another unnecessary war.

Just like the one in Iraq and the bogus WMD claims.

It makes no sense why Iran would be behind these attacks.

They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Oil Tanker Attacks

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:07 am

Crazy situation there. US intelligence says Iran is behind it but I can't think of anything they'd stand to gain from it. And the world has become so conditioned to not believe anything the US says that nobody knows what to think. It's like we're waiting for an opinion from a "believable source" but who would that be and are any "trustworthy" countries investigating them? --:--
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:53 am

It gets stranger with the captain of the ship contradicting what our government told us.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:34 am

Saw a great meme that said.

"Don't confuse dying for oil the same as fighting for freedom."

#truth
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:58 am

Strange situation there.

A president with no credibility telling us Iran's doing it.
A president with no credibility to lead us into a war or to finish one.
No confirmation from anyone who does have credibility, whether they're military or allies.
No backing from any allies except two whose lifelong ambitions are to start a war with Iran.
No backing from Congress.
It's still perfectly reasonable to say "IF Iran is behind it" as well as "You know, this wouldn't have happened if you hadn't pulled out of the nuclear agreement."
It's still perfectly reasonable to think that Saudi Arabia, Israel, one of the factions in Yemen or another party is behind it.
And Americans. Don't. Want. A. War. Especially one started on false or mistaken pretenses.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:23 am

Correction to the above: A noob for acting Secretary of Defense. The previous acting one just quit. Probably didn't want to have anything to do with this.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:41 am

Do people still buy that "more time with the family" BS?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:56 am

Let's hope that isn't the case. Reports are that he beat his wife. And his son attacked her with a baseball bat. Geez!

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:06 am

Anyone want to guess if bone spurs are hereditary?
Attachments
64288568_2478529895571342_4058378867881017344_n.jpg

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:23 am

Iran is claiming it shot down a US drone in Iranian airspace.

Iran is claiming it was in Iranian airspace. The US is claiming it wasn't.

My response. Who cares?

Iran does not pose an existential threat.

We don't need another unnecessary war.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Postby crayegg » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:16 am

You don't want a war. I don't want a war.

Our wag the dog president has had a spot of bother lately, so who knows?

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:24 am

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the drone.

R.I.P.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:15 pm

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:48 am

News outlets are reporting that Trump called off a military strike against Iran for shooting down a US drone.

Thank you Mr. President.

Unlike Obama's critics, I won't accuse him of dithering.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:04 pm

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:15 pm

The President said we were "cocked and loaded." The phrase, of course, is "locked and loaded." Something he didn't learn due to his bone spurs.

Now have some fun and google. "cocked and loaded movie" or "cocked and loaded film." Fun stuff.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:02 pm

I think he meant to say "half-cocked and loaded."

broman

Postby broman » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:07 pm

:eh?:

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:38 am

Despite writing complete gibberish I have to give him credit for not starting another unnecessary war.

Return to “World”