Go pound sand Coe!

Red

Go pound sand Coe!

Post by Red » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:50 am

http://olympics.yardbarker.com/blog/oly ... r/11354866

Another former gold medalist has come out and claimed that American swimmer Michael Phelps isn't the greatest Olympian of all time. Sebastian Coe, the head of the London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG), says Phelps isn't as great as the hype suggests.

Coe was a track star who won gold medals in the 1500 meters at both the 1980 and 1984 Olympics, while also winning twin silvers in the 800 meters at those games as well.

Here is what Coe had to say about Phelps:

"I think you can say it is self-evident that he is the most successful. I am not sure he is the greatest. (Phelps won) a pretty good haul, but who is the greatest? In my opinion he is probably not."

Phelps does participate in a sport where he can compete in multiple disciplines at multiple distances, along with several relays. But the simple fact is he has been in 21 Olympic finals to date and has taken home 19 medals, including 15 golds. That is an incredible record that will likely never be equaled.

Nothing worse than a snooty Brit opening his pie hole. Who cares what he thinks!
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Wabash

Re: Go pound sand Coe!

Post by Wabash » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:00 am

Apparently you do since you posted his comments.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:01 am

Red wrote:Who cares what he thinks!
Yeah....sad.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:19 am

Really sad :(

Red

Post by Red » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:25 am

SoMelo wrote:Really sad :(
It is sad. You win 19 Olympic medals, 15 of them Gold and a snooty Brit feels compelled to speak negatively about you. Classless.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:35 am

I felt the same way when Romney made his snooty comment about the London Olympics.. Just sad

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:37 am

It was/is/always will be sad...the bride and I were both saddened at the prospect of Romney leading the ship-of-state....a Mormon...largest contributors to the neanderthal mind-set anti-gay marriage in California movement...consummately sad...the alpha/omega of sadnesses...good thing Mormons aren't selling crhicken.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:27 am

And just why is it that this thread only gets two posts deep before a MODERATOR takes it off topic?
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

Red

Post by Red » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:46 am

AsIfYouKnew wrote:And just why is it that this thread only gets two posts deep before a MODERATOR takes it off topic?
Because SHE can. I try and it's, "focus Red", by none other than the owner of the board. 20 Medals for Phelps and 16 of them Gold. Coe can go fo by a POUND of cheese with his WHINE!

Red

Post by Red » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:49 am

SoMelo wrote:I felt the same way when Romney made his snooty comment about the London Olympics.. Just sad
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/20268.html

Obama apologizes for remark

By JONATHAN MARTIN | 3/19/09 11:05 PM EDT

Updated: 3/21/09 9:04 AM EDT

After comparing his bowling to the Special Olympics on "The Tonight Show" Thursday, President Obama called Special Olympics Chairman Tim Shriver to apologize before the program even aired.

“He expressed his disappointment and he apologized, in a way that was very moving,” Shriver said on ABC's “Good Morning America.” “It’s important to see that words hurt, and words do matter. And these words that in some respect can be seen as humiliating or a put-down of people with special needs do cause pain, and they do result in stereotypes."

No more sadder than this! PATHETIC. He is a jerk, but he is your jerk.

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:54 am

Contrary to what you believe, I don't own him. He is however the President of the Citizens of the United States of America and if you think he isn't "your president" then you aren't a citizen... How sad is that? :(

Red

Post by Red » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:08 am

SoMelo wrote:Contrary to what you believe, I don't own him. He is however the President of the Citizens of the United States of America and if you think he isn't "your president" then you aren't a citizen... How sad is that? :(
No, he is not my president. My President would try and unite Americans and not divide Americans.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:52 am

Red wrote:
No, he is not my president. My President would try and unite Americans and not divide Americans.
That makes the assumption that all Americans want to be united. Conservatives have shown they are not interested in working in a united manner since this President took office.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:59 am

Red wrote:
Would Obama be more successful at uniting people if he used your methods?

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:10 am

that's a frickin' scary thought :hide:

AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:50 am

I think Phelps just won gold yesterday in an event that gave him the gold in three consecutive olympic games. I think that pretty much solidifies him as the greatest olympian, IMHO.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:09 pm

Without a doubt Plelps ranks right up there as one of the greatest Olympians ever...perhaps even the greatest, but there isn't much romance to his rise to the top. Way back in the other world there was a marathoner who won my heart and my admiration (being a bit of a distance runner myself), and I have never forgotten his story or his paths to Olympic gold.... Abebe Bikila. He did it barefoot.

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:11 pm

AsIfYouKnew wrote:I think Phelps just won gold yesterday in an event that gave him the gold in three consecutive olympic games. I think that pretty much solidifies him as the greatest olympian, IMHO.
What about the woman skeet shooter who has won gold in 5 olympics? SoCal gak too :cheers:

Red

Post by Red » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:12 pm

AsIfYouKnew wrote:I think Phelps just won gold yesterday in an event that gave him the gold in three consecutive olympic games. I think that pretty much solidifies him as the greatest olympian, IMHO.
:thumbsup: Again, coe is talking out of his snooty ass. I still can't believe he would say such a stupid thing. Almost as dumb as calling Nazi death camps Polish Death Camps!

AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:14 pm

SoMelo wrote: What about the woman skeet shooter who has won gold in 5 olympics? SoCal gak too :cheers:
Greatest MALE Olympian?

Although, honestly, I don't really consider shooting much of a sport. A great skill, yes, but not a sport.
Jonathan Swift