Fave Olympic Sport

Notorious

Re: Fave Olympic Sport

Post by Notorious » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:58 am

Most Olympic sports are garbage anyway, I would take it a step further than MDD did.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:00 am

THETRUTH wrote:

SoMelo, I must give you a BIG F when it comes to Olympic knowledge. Team Handball was a demostration sport during the 1984 Games, which means it outlasted BASEBALL as an Olympic Sport! The sport was also held in Orange County during the '84 games in the Cal State Fullerton gym.

PS, your kids are great guys and good college students, but I would not go to far and try to brand them as Olympic Athletes in any sport!
It's very big in Europe. I know there are pro leagues in Germany. Maybe other countries as well.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:37 am

THETRUTH wrote:

SoMelo, I must give you a BIG F when it comes to Olympic knowledge. Team Handball was a demostration sport during the 1984 Games, which means it outlasted BASEBALL as an Olympic Sport! The sport was also held in Orange County during the '84 games in the Cal State Fullerton gym.

PS, your kids are great guys and good college students, but I would not go to far and try to brand them as Olympic Athletes in any sport!
Ouch!! You've just crushed them.. That's okay, regardless if Calvin Ball ever makes it as an Olympic Sport, I'm still their biggest fan.

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:46 am

SoMelo wrote: Ouch!! You've just crushed them.. That's okay, regardless if Calvin Ball ever makes it as an Olympic Sport, I'm still their biggest fan.
You need to learn a lesson from this, at least I was polite and didn't take cheap swipes at them, Noto would have either called them p_s_ies or that they have sex with animals. I just do not understand why the moderators (yes, this is intended for you also) lets him post some of the stuff he does.

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:50 am

THETRUTH wrote:
You need to learn a lesson from this, at least I was polite and didn't take cheap swipes at them, Noto would have either called them p_s_ies or that they have sex with animals. I just do not understand why the moderators (yes, this is intended for you also) lets him post some of the stuff he does.
Maybe because I have a junior Noto in my house. I must be immune to his blather --:--

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:04 pm

SoMelo wrote: Maybe because I have a junior Noto in my house. I must be immune to his blather --:--

NO, neither of your kids are like Noto!

AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:36 pm

Not sure if it is just because i recently started running, but I love the running events, especially the sprints. I also like the swimming events as well.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:20 pm

AsIfYouKnew wrote:Not sure if it is just because i recently started running, but I love the running events, especially the sprints. I also like the swimming events as well.

I enjoy both also, although except for the redeam team, I can enjoy wtaching any of the competeions. I just do not enjoy how the NBA'ers just flip the switch on and on, I would rather see them play hard from the beginning and when they get tired, put in the subs.

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:58 pm

THETRUTH wrote:
I am deeply offended sir and demand satisfaction.

Also I have never posted about anyone having sex with animals, feels like you have something to confess about.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:15 pm

MDDad wrote:And awarding athletic medals to those twerps that run around twirling those long ribbons is an embarrassment to the entire human race.
Just for you, today's Google doodle.

:hide:
Don't look at me, I just work here.

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:49 am

:giggle:

Tar Pit

Post by Tar Pit » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:30 pm

Spice Girls Olympics Closing Ceremony. :?? Is that the best the Brits have? I think one is a grandma.
Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

http://www.rebellioustruths.org/

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:16 pm

Who do you want? My choices would be:

Rollin' Stones
Rod Stewart
Elton John
The Who
David Bowie
Procol Harum
Moody Blues
Boy George

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:18 pm

They're all grandparents...right?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:21 pm

I don't think Elton is

Tar Pit

Post by Tar Pit » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:32 pm

SoMelo wrote:I don't think Elton is
:lol:
Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Tar Pit

Post by Tar Pit » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:39 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:They're all grandparents...right?
I only remember the spice girls as young hot things. I can't remember one of their songs. Now the other grandpas on SoMelo's list have some real British history.

Thomas Jefferson

barstow wiz

Post by barstow wiz » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:28 am

Dire Straits
Mark Knopfler & Emmylou Harris
Neil Young
:)

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:22 am

I don't know much about the Spice Girls, why does Posh always looked pissed off? She's married to Beckham for crying out loud!

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:53 am

Here is a special shout out to a friends son.

Congrats Bill, your son is an Olympic Champion!