Somebody call the Wambulance-Women's Soccer

Red

Somebody call the Wambulance-Women's Soccer

Post by Red » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:43 am

http://olympics.yardbarker.com/blog/oly ... e/11419129

The US women's soccer team have been criticized before for not being good sports. New Zealand's coach had a few choice words for their choreographed victory dances.

Now they are being called out for the shirts they chose to wear on the field after taking the gold from Japan in a close 2-1 bout,

The ladies had some Nike T-shirts (pictured above) that read "Greatness has been found" that were made for them in case they won. After the final second ticked away, they donned the shirts and ran across the field carrying American flags.

I really wish the politically correct crowd would shut up! Typical tweet from a new york slimes idiot!
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Somebody call the Wambulance-Women's Soccer

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:25 am

Red wrote:The ladies had some Nike T-shirts (pictured above)....
I don't see them. :??
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Red

Post by Red » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:40 am

John Q. Public wrote: I don't see them. :??
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:37 am

Charger fans held a multi-year grudge against the Patriots for dancing on the Charger's mid-field logo after the Chargers handed them a play-off win. Sounds like the same sort of whine coming from NZ...and from Red.

Big deal....who cares....maybe Nike will give the winners a few bucks for wearing the shirts...go get 'em, ladies.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:43 pm

It was excessive only because the US didn't deserve to be there, the refs handed them the game in the semifinal, they should have been playing for bronze.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:13 pm

The Olympics always manage to piss off many people for a variety of reasons...the refs and judges are nothing new....you probably don't know much more about the 72 Munich Olympics than the massacre of the Israeli team members by PLO assassins (Bobby G will tell you it is all propaganda and never happened}, but check out the gold medal basketball game between the US and the USSR....pissed off the entire free world.

68 in Mexico City...ignominious what they did to our black athletes on the podium when they flashed a "black-power" clenched fist.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:32 am

I watched 2 documentaries on the 72 gold medal game, biggest bunch of horse crap ever.

I'm glad they left the silver medals in the vault.

Red

Post by Red » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:58 am

Notorious wrote:It was excessive only because the US didn't deserve to be there, the refs handed them the game in the semifinal, they should have been playing for bronze.
Care to explain? I say BS. The girls deserved to win that game. They came back from behind. There is no way the US would be given preferential treatment in any foreign country.

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:39 pm

Red wrote:
Care to explain? I say BS. The girls deserved to win that game. They came back from behind. There is no way the US would be given preferential treatment in any foreign country.
There was no reason to give the US a free shot because of the handball when they were down 3-2 in the 75th minute.

The handball was not intentional and did not affect the play. The US were given the tying goal and should have lost 3-2.

We are O Lu

Post by We are O Lu » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:14 pm

Notorious wrote: There was no reason to give the US a free shot because of the handball when they were down 3-2 in the 75th minute.

The handball was not intentional and did not affect the play. The US were given the tying goal and should have lost 3-2.
The PK was not as bad as the 6 second rule being called on the keeper.

Red

Post by Red » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:14 pm

Notorious wrote: There was no reason to give the US a free shot because of the handball when they were down 3-2 in the 75th minute.

On a penalty kick, you are supposed to keep your hands either beind you are straight down your sides. Refs will make that call 99 or 100 times. That ball hit her in the elbow. HANDBALL! They have the Gold medal. Throw "should" out the window! BTW, they were all warned before the game according to the commentators.

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:52 am

I don't really care what the letter of the rule is, it didn't affect the play and it shouldn't have been called.

This is just like excessive celebration penalties that affect outcomes of games. Sure technically they are supposed to call it, but if a kid runs in the game winning TD, he's going to show emotion. Sometimes refs should realize intention and consequence rather than letter of the rule.

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:02 am

Notorious wrote:I don't really care what the letter of the rule is, it didn't affect the play and it shouldn't have been called.

This is just like excessive celebration penalties that affect outcomes of games. Sure technically they are supposed to call it, but if a kid runs in the game winning TD, he's going to show emotion. Sometimes refs should realize intention and consequence rather than letter of the rule.

Do you have a clue about international sport, or sports in general? NO you would rather come on hear and ramble on about nothing!

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:58 pm

THETRUTH wrote:

Do you have a clue about international sport, or sports in general? NO you would rather come on hear and ramble on about nothing!
Whatever bro, you are the one who made a comment complaining about the mods then ran away from the thread when confronted with counter evidence.

At least I stand and fight my battles. The play was unaffected, the US got outplayed in the semis and should have lost. Don't get it twisted though I love that America won, I bet this French Canadian girl I was with a round of drinks at the bar and won.

Red

Post by Red » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:36 pm

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/conte ... s-THE-CALL

Don't Fight The Laws: THE CALL

Published on 08-07-2012 05:35 AM

I used to do this semi-regular feature, in which I'd answer questions from readers about the Laws of the Game and their application in real-life situations. The questions trailed off a bit, my interest waned a bit, and the feature seemed to have disappeared.

But there was one call -- THE CALL -- in Monday's Olympic semifinal that absolutely needs clarification, not just because it befuddled 99% of the viewing audience, but because incorrect explanations were subsequently provided by various media sources.

By way of background, I've been a certified referee for over 12 years, and while I've never gone beyond local competitive and recreational games, suffice to say I've developed a pretty good working relationship with the FIFA Laws of the Game in that time.

So, without further ado, the question I'll ask myself on behalf of everyone who scratched their heads while watching the game: What, exactly, was the call the ref made when the USA was awarded an indirect free kick inside Canada's penalty area late in the second half? And if an infringement occurred, was the referee correct to award that indirect free kick?

The Olympics have a funny way of making everyone in the world an expert on the intricacies of sports that they'd never seen or heard of before the Olympics began. Soccer, of course, is no different. Within minutes of Norwegian referee Christina Pedersen's contentious decision, social media erupted with alternate explanations as to how she should have handled the situation. Many explanations bore no resemblance to anything written in the Laws of the Game; but hey, Twitter is no place for fact-checking.

Now, whatever Pedersen's failings in the game as a whole, whatever poor decisions she may have made (including the penalty kick awarded to the USA immediately following the indirect free kick) and whatever undue influence she may have had over the outcome of the hard-fought contest, one thing must be made clear. And as an unabashedly hyper-partisan Canadian fan, it pains me somewhat to admit this, but in the interest of the facts, it needs to be said.

By the letter of the law -- certainly not the spirit, and certainly not according to the standard set by nearly every other professional game officiated at any level, including Pedersen herself in that very same game, but by the absolute, black-and-white, as-it's-written letter of the FIFA Laws of the Game -- the call was entirely correct.

According to Law 12, the goalkeeper must release the ball from their hands within six seconds of taking control of it. Pretty straightforward. The keeper is considered to still be in control of the ball while bouncing it, so the six seconds continue to tick (and an attacker is not permitted to steal the ball away from them) in this case. In the event that the keeper doesn't release the ball within six seconds, the opposing team is awarded an indirect free kick from the spot where the infringement occurred.

Sorry We are Olu!