Are the Olympics boring?

barstow wiz

Re: Are the Olympics boring?

Post by barstow wiz » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:04 am

Notorious wrote:no need for namecalling around these parts.
are you kidding. that is the norm round these parts. :slapfight:
:)

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:15 am

THETRUTH wrote: Acually he is the about the thrid or fourth best wrestler in Iowa State history, but did not build a dynasty there.

You and John need to study up on your college and Olympic sports history. Gable, while a very good college coach and certainly has won more NCAA D-I team titles than almost any other coach in the last 40 years, retired trailing a guy that coached part-time while teaching junior high school.
I'm not trying to take credit for a distant cousin, but did this other guy get the Hall of Fame building named after him? Gable at least created a dynasty as far as Iowans are concerned.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:41 am

John Q. Public wrote: I'm not trying to take credit for a distant cousin, but did this other guy get the Hall of Fame building named after him? Gable at least created a dynasty as far as Iowans are concerned.
Seriously, Gable coached at the University of Iowa, so much for knowing what you cousin does. The guy that is Iowa States all-time great coach was actually Gables coach.

So, if you are his cousin, I feel bad that you most likely never met your other cousin, what a shame that was.

BTW, If you meant the other coach that piled up the NCAA D-I titles, many consider him the father of his sport in college, coached the person most consider the greatest athlete in the world at his sport and has doubled the coach with the second most D-I titles at his University, that coach which was second should have picked up the slack, although many in this country consider him the greateast college coach and certainly the most influential college coach ever and strangely enough, he actualy coached this guy that doubled his NCAA D-I titles.

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:01 am

Notorious wrote: Or just give me your opinion, and no need for namecalling around these parts.
Far enough, even though you wanted to run me over with a bus just a few minutes ago on another thread.

Jacob Varner and Ben Peterson

We are O Lu

Post by We are O Lu » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:22 pm

I don't think there was enough coverage of ribbon dancing this Olympics! :bonk:

Tar Pit

Post by Tar Pit » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:45 pm

TAR BALL!
Attachments
Newport Harbor.jpeg
Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

http://www.rebellioustruths.org/

We are O Lu

Post by We are O Lu » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:08 pm

They should have taken the other side so we could see the Tramp Stamp.
Tar Pit wrote:TAR BALL!

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:54 am

or put it on the back of the box