Very disappointed

not4u13

Re: Very disappointed

Post by not4u13 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:38 am

I'm continuing to follow this and now I'm reading an article in USA Today which is now questioning the authenticity of the reports from the Brazilian authorities and media. Apparently Lochte and company never filed a police report. They talked to a reporter and as a result were questioned by authorities. Some things that are now being called into question.

1) They didn't break down a door or vandalize a bathroom. They did urinate behind the building and tear down a small sign that was used as an advertisement.
2) There was a gun and a badge displayed. The security team were off duty officers, perhaps from a nearby jail, that flashed their badge and gun to try to get money from the group to pay for the damaged sign.
3) An individual who agreed to translate did so because of the escalation he witnessed with the guns and what appeared to be a language barrier. Lochte was obviously "altered" which is another way of saying impaired or drunk.

I'm not sure I'm changing my view on Lochte just yet but there may be a reason why he is sticking to his story that he felt they were being robbed. He embellished the gun to the head part for certain but a lot of the other details seem to be true. There were guns and an exchange of cash. People were drunk and with the language barrier and guns, they were a bit scared and perhaps amped up. Adrenaline flowing through alcohol tainted blood is not a good mix for logic and reason to prevail.

2)
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com

not4u13

Re: Very disappointed

Post by not4u13 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:43 am

Now we are hearing that Brazil has filed charges against Lochte for filing a false police report. This story is far from over. It seems that with all the media hype they are going to try and make an example out of him. Were it not for the media this whole thing would have never gotten legs.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com