Is there any Olympic coverage on the web?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Is there any Olympic coverage on the web?

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:05 pm

We're getting a little tired of NBC's personality pieces on Napoleon Acidophilis Ohno, interrupted only occasionally to cover only the American athletes in selected events. Anybody know where we can watch some of the actual competition?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

SoMelo

Re: Is there any Olympic coverage on the web?

Post by SoMelo » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:16 pm

John Q. Public wrote:We're getting a little tired of NBC's personality pieces on Napoleon Acidophilis Ohno, interrupted only occasionally to cover only the American athletes in selected events. Anybody know where we can watch some of the actual competition?
I found a European one for audio only.. It has Live streaming but it is Geo restricted.. I'm fed up with NBC too.. I usually read the outcome before NBC starts their broadcast. olympic audio
Here is the link to the schedule schedule

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:12 pm

I stopped watching the newtwork coverage of the Olympics years ago. The Winternationals finals yesterday on ESPN2 was a great day of drag racing, however. John Force is back. Looked like a terrific day at the races in Pomona...temps in the low 80's...last time we went we were numb by the time they ran off the fuel finals. Strange to see Brandon Bernstein in a blue car.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Red

Post by Red » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:07 pm

John Q. Public wrote:We're getting a little tired of NBC's personality pieces on Napoleon Acidophilis Ohno, interrupted only occasionally to cover only the American athletes in selected events. Anybody know where we can watch some of the actual competition?
Not only that, having to sit there and listen to that little peep squeak of a man bob costas droan on and on about nothing and the insufferable commericals every two minutes. I pray they dont invite that keith overbite as a commentator. That would sew it up for me!

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:09 pm

Red wrote:
Not only that, having to sit there and listen to that little peep squeak of a man bob costas droan on and on about nothing and the insufferable commericals every two minutes. I pray they dont invite that keith overbite as a commentator. That would sew it up for me!
Without the commercials who pays for the insufferable coverage you watch?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Red

Post by Red » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:13 pm

Parrotpaul wrote: Without the commercials who pays for the insufferable coverage you watch?
I don't watch that much, so I don't worry about it. I bet you can't wait for curling! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Red on Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

not4u13

Post by not4u13 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:15 pm

CNBC and MSNBC are also covering events, and not just those that the US is involved with. Costas is only handling the primary network coverage. When NBC airs their prime-time coverage, those channels are not showing the Olympics but you can see events on any of those three channels during the day.

Oh ... and apparently they are also airing coverage on the USA network.

NBC has virtually shut off the web live feeds in favor of advertising dollars. It is a business dontchaknow.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:16 pm

Red wrote:
I don't watch that much, so I don't worry about it. I bet you can't wait for curling!
I love curling. It is quiet, laid back, and the Swedish womens' team is well worth watching.

perspixx

Post by perspixx » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:37 pm

www.channelsurfing.net usually has live streams, unfortunately some of them are not in English (it's a pirated Eurosport feed). You may have use IE and/or download Sopcast to get some of them to work. I was able to watch the entire snowboard cross event and men's downhill today.

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:41 pm

The only event I'm interested in watching is the snowboarding competition. Shaun White is one fearless dude

perspixx

Post by perspixx » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:50 pm

SoMelo wrote:The only event I'm interested in watching is the snowboarding competition. Shaun White is one fearless dude
You want fearless? How about the lugers going down the same run that killed one of their contemporaries a few days ago... or the ski jumpers flying through the air for the length of a football field... a couple backflips off a half-pipe is tame compared to those guys, who aren't as commercialized as Malachi but every bit as awesome.

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:06 pm

perspixx wrote: You want fearless? How about the lugers going down the same run that killed one of their contemporaries a few days ago... or the ski jumpers flying through the air for the length of a football field... a couple backflips off a half-pipe is tame compared to those guys, who aren't as commercialized as Malachi but every bit as awesome.
Not so much into the luge and I haven't enjoyed ski jumping since Eddie

18echo
Oversight Committee

Post by 18echo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:02 am

Red wrote:
I don't watch that much, so I don't worry about it. I bet you can't wait for curling! :mrgreen:
I have never been a big fan of curling, but in so much that the olympics are supposed to be all about the best in the world competing for medals, I would rather see the medal round of any sport I never heard of, rather than a series of 15 minute fluff stories about the struggles and hardship of some athlete who will not be in the medal round of his/her event.

I did, however, enjoy watching the U.S. womens' hockey team "conduct a hockey clinic" for the Chinese team.
"Hoc spatium adsuesco assuesco pro profunda rhetoricam."

Logic.in.LN

Post by Logic.in.LN » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:21 am

perspixx wrote: You want fearless? How about the lugers going down the same run that killed one of their contemporaries a few days ago... or the ski jumpers flying through the air for the length of a football field... a couple backflips off a half-pipe is tame compared to those guys, who aren't as commercialized as Malachi but every bit as awesome.
I have been enjoying the snowboard cross - 4 racers, same time, same course, first to the bottom wins. It will be interesting to see the ski cross that has been added this year.

Similarly, I like short track speed skating for the same reasons, all the competitors are competing at the same time and same place. You have to beat the guy next to you not the clock.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former”
– Albert Einstein

Government - If you think the problems we create are bad, jut wait until you see our solutions.

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:22 pm

BTW, Melo, are you aware your nosepick is photoshopped?

perspixx

Post by perspixx » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:22 pm

Logic.in.LN wrote: I have been enjoying the snowboard cross - 4 racers, same time, same course, first to the bottom wins. It will be interesting to see the ski cross that has been added this year.

Similarly, I like short track speed skating for the same reasons, all the competitors are competing at the same time and same place. You have to beat the guy next to you not the clock.
I like those events, I just hate the announcers constantly calling them "NASCAR on _____" (skis, ice, etc.)

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:40 pm

Does anyone really believe that Chicken McNugget's are the number 1 food for the Olympics? :puke:
Last edited by SoMelo on Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~44~

Post by ~44~ » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:44 pm

SoMelo wrote:Does anyone really believe that Chicken McNugget's are the number food for the Olympics? :puke:

Number what?

....and really with that sig? kinda gross Melo
Hi