John Shuster, USA curling.

perspixx

John Shuster, USA curling.

Post by perspixx » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:19 pm

10 days ago, I didn't know who he was. Today, I want him to die. That has to be the worst Olympic performance ever... he missed shot after shot, game after game. I really enjoy watching curling, but it's only on TV once every four years. With the bronze medal in 2006 and the purported growth of the sport since then, I had high hopes for this squad. Shuster's choke jobs took the USA out of medal contention and ruined the enjoyment. It was horrible and I hope he's nowhere near Sochi in 2014.

Fordama

Re: John Shuster, USA curling.

Post by Fordama » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:41 pm

My favorites are the Russian women's curling team--except for the one in the back that looks like Eddie in The Courtship of Eddie's Father.

This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

e. rosewater

Post by e. rosewater » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:23 am

I watch Curling and the first thing that comes to mind is the Olympic motto:

Citius, Altius, Fortius
What hypocrisy looks like.

Link

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:44 am

Fordama wrote:My favorites are the Russian women's curling team--except for the one in the back that looks like Eddie in The Courtship of Eddie's Father.

Wow her likeness is amazing

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:06 am

I liked the Swedish womens' team four years ago, and most of the same ladies are back this year. The only two things I dislike about curling are the announcers and the commercials. Many times lengthy commercial periods caused the audience to miss much of the action, and the announcers did very little to help out those who know very little about curling rules. There was endless chatter but very little substance to the chatter.

It's too bad there isn't more TV coverage of other world class curling events.....the matches are very interesting and fun to watch. The slow pace of the game isn't a drawback at all, and no two situations are ever the same.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke